Sidus Link® for iOS 1.6 is now available!
With diverse color scheme styles, the brand-new Palette function brings new possibilities for professional and efficient on-site shooting, filmmakers can easily match multiple lighting colors with just one click! Music FX™, the whole new member of the SidusPro™ FX family supports multiple music file import methods and automatically generates customized lighting effects with the smart BPM analysis ability. Meanwhile, the comprehensive optimization and update give Diagram Master™ a brand-new look, the newly added Wrap-Up List function, new fixture icons and the updated editing interface has extended the creative dimension for all users.
1. Music FX™
• Supporting multiple audio file import methods, and generating customized lighting effects with automatic BPM analysis;
• With Store mode, Project mode and Live mode, Music FX™ is sufficient for most of the shooting requests;
• In-App Audio file editing, pick your favourite music clip at any time!
• Supporting multiple professional color scheme styles, Palette brings professionality to the shooting and efficiency to the film lighting color scheme；
• HSI, CCT and Mixed color scheme mode can easily adapt complex fixture groups, so the creators can be free to group color lights, daylights and bi-color lights together!
• Default, random and custom color assigning mode, Palette can assign color automatically or manually;
• The visualized color assigning operation, drag the color cube and release it on the fixture card to assign the color.
3. Diagram Master™ Optimization
• The newly added Wrap-Up List feature counts the fixtures and accessories within the lighting diagram automatically and generates a PDF version for exporting. Never miss any equipment!
• Adding multiple lighting fixture icons: Amaran, Aputure, ARRI, ASTERA, Litepanels, Mole Richardson and Kino Flo;
• Users now can make up to 9 copies for one icon, and scale icons up or down;
• Adding color label function, users now can sort the icons by color label in the monitor feature;
• Adding text input function, users can add text on the diagram;
• Adding quick rename function, click and hold the icon's name to make the quick rename.
The Sidus Link® for iOS 1.6 is another big leap for Sidus Link® App! With the amazing update and optimization, filmmakers are now able to chase and capture more incredibly stunning lighting effects, brings charming and enjoyable experience to creatives!
Sidus Link® provides a new solution for film lighting control. Based on the Sidus Mesh™ technology, it allows the user to connect up to 100 fixtures with one smart device.
Make the film-making easier, and enjoy it.
1. Compatible with all new Aputure fixtures;
2. Up to 100 fixtures connection with only one smart device;
3. Professional lighting control modes: CCT mode, Gel mode, Color mode, and Effects mode;
4. Fixtures Console quickly adjusts the intensity of all fixtures;
5. Smart battery usage monitoring ;
6. Quickshots: save multiple scene lighting sets and resets up easily;
7. Unlimited fixture Presets;
8. Free Sidus Cloud Synchronization service for Scenes, Presets, and Lighting Effects;
9. Collaborating the scene with team members via CC Group;
10. Pick up any color and apply to the fixtures with the Color Picker function;
11. Sourcematch: match the color temperature from different lighting source;
12. XY Color mode provides tri-Color Gamut: A gamut(similar BT2020), DCI-P3 and BT 709;
13. Manual lighting effect, creating diverse customized lighting effects;
14. OTA update;
English/Chinese Simplified/Chinese Traditional/Japanese/Portuguese(Brazil)/French/Russian/Vietnamese
17.SidusPro™ FX Support: Manual FX, Picker FX, and Magic Program ™
©2021 Sidus Link Ltd. & Aputure Image Industries Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Any feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvements and minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App interface, connecting to 12 MCs smoothly
Using this app on iPhone and iPad with 12 Aputure MCs on a 10 camera TV show in GA. The DP and Gaffer are enjoying the convenience and speed at which we can make adjustments to the lights using the Sidus Link app. We do have connectivity issues sometimes when a lot of cameras and audio all have their wireless transmitters on, but hopefully this becomes more reliable with firmware updates. It may just be the nature of having that many wireless transmitters in the same room.
Another issue we are having is that when we bring up an individual light that is already set to a HUE value, it doesn’t always recall what the value was and instead the color wheel point resets back to the middle. If we did not note the hue number, then we are stuck guessing what the value was to try and get the light back to where it was. This happens also when we lose connection and regain connection, the app seems to lose memory of where the values are even if the lights maintain those values.
All in all, we are impressed with the app and look forward to future versions of it.
Absolute Game Changer
As a self funded independent film maker, I tend to wear the hat of cinematographer, gaffer, production designer, director, SFX, producer, editor, etc. Having this invaluable tool in my pocket to adjust color temperature, brightness, build scenes, control effects while operating a camera rig makes all the difference for my production process. So much so, that I even returned the two Nanlites I had purchased in order to convert to an all Aputure, Sidus paired system. Utilization of Sidus was so important to me that I am without lights as I await the release of Aputure’s 60x Bi-Colors which will sync beautifully to Sidus alongside my 300x and MC. Sidus couldn’t be more stable and user friendly. It is effortless to navigate and the depth of the options and settings are so exciting. The capacity to do lighting gags from phone while operating my camera opens up a world of possibilities creatively without dependency on additional crew for my intimate sets. I have only used Sidus for a month but I am now a fan girl for life, truly.
I’m a huge admirer of Aputure for what they’ve managed to do. Their lighting products are stellar, at prices that are astonishing. This app is terrifically well thought-out, offering outstanding control of the various units. However, the fact that the user password expires is absolutely IDIOTIC. I can’t begin to express my fury at having to go through the password recovery/reset procedure on set, while everyone is waiting, just to adjust lights!! As another reviewer wrote, it’s not like this is a banking app conveying sensitive information!
Aputure states that a password is needed for future cloud functionality, and that we users should use passwords that are easy to remember. Ummm…what if we have no interest in using the cloud? I certainly don’t!
For those who will be using Aputure’s future cloud service, being instructed to use easy-to-remember passwords absolutely flies in the face of account security.
Requiring a password to use this otherwise-outstanding app is an enormous, egregious mistake. Aputure needs to address this ASAP, and accommodate customers who won’t be using their cloud service.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, I understand your concern, I’m going to pass along your needs to our product development team, If you encounter any further issues , please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sidus Link Ltd.
- 92.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Sidus Link Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.