SIMO is a full-featured MATLAB programming environment.
It suitable for college students, college instructors, and users who want to run simple MATLAB codes on iOS. Any individual who wants to do scientific computation on iOS devices should definitely check it out.
[+] What SIMO is
- It is an integrated environment for numerical computation.
- It adopts the same syntax as MATLAB and Octave. Scripts created on SIMO runs on MATLAB and Octave as well.
- It allows you to create, edit, and run simple MATLAB codes locally on all iOS devices.
- Unlike other apps that do computation on the cloud, it performs computation entirely locally on device. No internet connection is needed. You don't miss a single app feature even if you are offline.
[+] What SIMO isn't
- It does not completely replace MATLAB, as it has only a subset of built-in functions of MATLAB.
- It does not support advanced features such as Simulink or creating user-interface.
[+] Some useful features:
- Users can create, edit, and manage scripts.
- Users can store scripts on device locally, or on their iCloud Drives.
- Built-in, full-fledged script editor.
- Built-in plotting environment for 2D and 3D data visualisation, supporting multi-touch gesture for zoom, pan, and rotation.
[+] What can I do with SIMO?
- Create and edit code with a full-fledged script editor;
- Type code quickly using the app's custom keyboard;
- Replace the custom keyboard with your own hardware keyboard;
- Perform vector and matrix computation;
- Generate 2D and 3D plots;
- Zoom, pan, and rotate plots with multi-touch gestures;
- Define variables;
- Execute loops (for-loop, while-loop);
- Use if-else, and switch statements;
- Create scripts and user-defined functions;
- And much more. Visit our website to learn more.
- Fix a bug that affects .csv file import.
Ratings and Reviews
As an electrical engineering student I love the idea of being able to use matlab without the need for a desktop computer or laptop. However, for my needs, I find this app to be limited. It doesn’t have the function to find the determinant of any NxN matrix, I can’t create symbolic matrices, and it doesn’t have support for transfer functions, bode diagrams, etc. I really hope this functions are added in future updates.
This is a great tool!
This is a very powerful App! It has given me freedom from the pc for complex calculations!
I am thrilled to be able to use the SIMO App to explore complex calculations when I have down time on the go with my iPhone or iPad.
For example, using this app, I was able to create a Matlab script to calculate the precession of the orbit of Mercury and plot up the results. I was also able to do the same for the deflection of starlight by the Sun. It is just amazing to have this capability in a hand held device!
Thank you for creating this app!
Useful app needs more functions
It is useful to have a matlab like app for the ipad.
But I think it would be more useful if it can implement more features, such as being able to set multiple search paths; and functions such as “load”, “FFT”, “tf”, “bode” etc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.