Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for Mac - https://simplemind.eu/download/full-edition/
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 7 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly good mind mapping
I’ve been using mind maps as a way to research things for work for years. The problem has always been the flexibility of the tool. The software I’ve used in the past has been essentially graphical outlining. It worked, and allowed for some rearranging a grouping of content. But it was overall pretty difficult to move branches around.
SimpleMind gets it right! Long press on any node, and it highlights all of its subordinate nodes so you can drag and drop the whole thing on another branch. Easily drag out handles to create new nodes or connections between nodes. Wrap nodes in an expandable border. The software has so many excellent, well designed features l can’t list them all here. (No, I have no relationship with the developers. I’m just really this happy to have found this app.) Even better, the software is availble for both iPad and Mac, and they work seamlessly together.
Bravo, highly recommended.
Tried 6 or 7 outline & mapping apps. I found most were not as user friendly, practical or powerful. The ability to quickly create on the fly then reorganize later is unsurpassed.
Also most important, this seems to be a stable product. While testing other outliners i suddenly lost data or files would disappear... permanently! Not good.
Easy to email, text /share maps with others which makes this a truly flexible, powerful, reliable tool.
Could use a little refinement for iCloud use but not much to complain about. Hope they don’t mess up the product in the future!
I love Mind Maps! I’m an Aspie, and details are very important to me. The mobile version of this app is incredible. It’s also the first Mind Mapper I’ve tried so far. There are just a few details to work out.
First, it’d be nice if the app would remember my spot whenever I switch back to it. Just the X and Y coords, so it’s orientation independent.
Next, it would be nice if, when selecting and moving a branch, it would still snap to the grid. I have to select the branch, move it somewhere imprecise, select the top branch node again by itself, position it perfectly, and then move all the other nodes to match.
A couple of the menus up top don’t let me switch to another menu without first closing the menu I originally opened. This is probably only going to be an annoyance while still learning the menus.
The last thing, and this is actually kinda big for me, is that the Windows desktop version doesn’t always position the nodes the same way as the iPad version does. So I have to continually tweak it. Images also aren’t rotated, and the grid setting don’t automatically sync (snap to grid, etc.)
Anyway, it’s a great tool and I’d much rather have it than not! I consider it indispensable at this time. I only wish I could return the clunky desktop version (should have downloaded the trial first).
I’ll be mapping out my thoughts on this and composing a much cleaner review for my blog.
- xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- 20.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2019 SimpleApps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.