Record, email/share, transcribe, trim/edit or organize, Smart Recorder allows you to easily create recordings and then transcribe them using the high quality dictate2us.
Smart Recorder is a full featured recorder and transcriber offering many features beyond what is available in the built in voice memos app. The Smart Recorder family of products has over 1,000,000 device installs. It has been actively marketed and updated for seven years. Use it to record meetings, interview, lectures, classes, todo lists, shopping lists or even your kids voices.
Record, Email/Share, Transcribe, Trim/Edit or Organize. What ever the task, Smart Recorder is the ideal tool. Check out these great features:
- A large record button makes it easy to start and pause recordings
- A main screen with the list of recordings created, each with a play button for easy playback
- Tips and a comprehensive help system to get you up to speed quickly
- Background recording and playback (other apps can run while Smart Recorder is recording or playing or your device can be sleeping during recording or playback)
- iTunes file sharing
- Flip mode for putting iPhone microphone on top
- Email/export short recordings
- Support for Dropbox if Dropbox app installed
- Multiple supported mail/export formats including CAF, WAV, AIF and MP4.
- iCloud support
- Generation of ringtones for the iPhone
- Add tags or pictures to mark positions in a recording
- Time slider/forward/back buttons to quickly navigate through your recordings
- Bluetooth and external headset support
- Auto pause/voice activated recording
- Variable speed playback with optional pitch correction
- Many system settings to control the behavior of Smart Recorder
- Stereo support
- Append to existing recordings
- Categorize/sort recordings
- No time limit on recordings
- Universal app for both iPhone and iPad
- Geo tagging of recordings allows you to keep track of the location where they were created
- Search allows you to search for conversations in a recording (based on the machine
transcription) or for tags (or recordings with specific words in the title)
Extra features (for purchase):
- Disable advertising
- Email/export long recordings
- Voice enhancement
- Machine transcription
Buy now and you will get free upgrades with many new features!!!
If you like this product, check out the Mac Smart Recorder at
Ratings and Reviews
Ditto on Ninjasmoke's review - playback not working w/wireless headsets
Since upgrading to my iPhone 7 I have not been able to get playback of recordings to work with any of my wireless headsets. This is one feature I really need and I've written to Roe Mobile but have not received any support. Could my settings be off? Please fix this feature or reply with needed setting corrections.
I’ve used Smart Recorder since I bought my first smart phone about 3-4 years ago. I do not play an instrument or sight read so it’s the best accompaniment I can practice to-for feedback. I used it to record my choir practices and then edited out the unimportant “chat.” It helps me to learn a lot of detail more correctly and I do t know what I’d do without it. I use it for so many other things too and am so thankful for Roe Development for making this “multi- wonderful” App. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
Bluetooth issues have been resolved in the current release 4.0.10.
Not high priced $$
I purchased "The Smart Record App mid to late September, 2013, after trying the free lite version. The specs said would record up to 20 minutes in .wav file audio. Well 2014 rings in and I notice there is a Recorder 7. Which is what prompted me to tell this. The most I could record and email as a .wav was about 9 minutes, and much less now. When I use the App now it ask if I wish to upgrade. No I wish to use what I paid, for a App service that does not know work as Company said. Apple was no help & it has done me know good to email your company as I have over 3 times !! Once should be enough. So Thank you very LITTLE FOR YOUR NON SUPPORT, BUT TAKING MY MONEY !!??
Well I noticed now in 2017 my review is not posted. I have sent many EMAILS TO ROE. With not one return response !! Where I am from, we call that stealing.
Developer Response ,
The size of the .wav file that can be sent is a function of your email service provider and the sampling rate you choose for export. Many email service providers have a limit of 20M. The easiest way around this is to use Dropbox instead. Just install the Dropbox app, login into your account with Dropbox. When you try and export from Smart Recorder, an option to export to Dropbox will appear. There is no limit on the size of .wav files for Dropbox.
Disappointed in export upgrade
I purchased an upgrade for $9.99 so that I could export things to Facebook and other places. Since I purchased it, I have not been able to do that. It won’t go anywhere once I do, and I have emailed the company that created this recording app. I have not received any response whatsoever and I’m still not able to do what I paid for.
I have contacted Apple and I told him I would try to see if I could work things out by removing recordings and doing certain things to see if maybe I could do something different. I have not been able to do that and I have not been able to get a refund yet. I will try again to contact Apple and see if they can refund the money since I have had no luck getting hold of the company that created the app.
- Kenneth roe
- 46.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013, Roe Mobile Development, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Export $9.99
- All Features $16.99
- Syfx audio boost $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.