- One of Apple's favorite Apple Watch apps of 2018 and 2019!
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
"Best Apple Watch Apps for Health and Fitness" - Forbes
"Best health and fitness apps for Apple Watch" - iMore
- Featured by Apple as *App of the Day* all around the world!
- Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you don't even need your phone while you workout.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 250 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images.
- Pre-made workouts carefully created by professionals and curated for you.
- Full HIIT Support.
- Full Home Workouts support.
- Unlock awards as you go through your workouts and hit your goals.
- Voice guidance for HIIT workouts.
- Check all exercises as done to add them to your history.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your week's summary with just your voice.
- Full iPad app, with Multiple Window and Drag and Drop support.
Apple Watch only:
- Standalone Watch app. No need to use the iPhone with you.
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Use Augmented Reality to analyze your students' posture. (A12 device or later is required for this feature)
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your student's routines with just your voice.
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 10 histories and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access unlimited routines, histories, measurements, plus a premium account that syncs all data to our cloud service. SmartGym also has an In App Purchase that unlocks all features, but locally only (without our cloud service).
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
- Minor Improvements.
- Contact Support button is now working again. Sorry about that.
- New page filled with many how-tos, helper articles and over 45 questions answered. Just tap More > How-Tos and Helper Articles.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the SmartGym app! It has made workouts so incredibly easy to do. It take all the guess work out of it. It counts my sets, my timed exercises, and my rests. And everything integrates beautifully with my Apple Watch. So easy!
I only feel like it is currently missing two things. One is that they have the ability to program supersets but not circuits. While it’s not impossible to track them the way they have it now, it would be so much better if exercises could be linked in a circuit like they are for the supersets.
The other thing I think would be great is some kind of feature to up the weight while you’re working out. So when you finish an exercise and realize next time you’ll want to do a heavier weight you can click something and you can change it to do for next time. But then another piece to that would be being able to track/report your progress on that exercise.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your review! So glad you love SmartGym! Turns out, SmartGym already has all these features! Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can better assist you and help you to take the most out if it. :)
The main thing I like about this app is how you can manually add routines and exercises. Most health apps try to do everything for you and often charge monthly so you can have access to automatically created workouts. I already have a great workout routine and I just wanted to be able to easily add my sets, reps, and weight so I don’t have to lug around my notebook. Overall this app works as advertised and is fairly easy to build custom exercises to use in the future. The organization and naming criteria make sense for most of my exercises except for a few movements. Specifically, there is currently no way to group a set of movements into one exercise. For instance, I’d like to make a core circuit which has three different exercises some with sets and reps and some with sets and duration and then be able to specify how many sets of that bundle I need to do. You can kind of do a work around and currently I’ve just been adding the multiple steps to any exercise within the notes section of it. However, I will be asking for this bundle feature to be added.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the kind words and great suggestions! There is a way to group a set of exercises. It's called a superset, which is basically a group of exercises chained together. So, instead of thinking of many movements as one exercise, we think as one group of exercises, or one Superset. To do this is pretty simple. Go to the first exercise of this group and enable the superset toggle. This will connect it to the next exercise. If you have a third exercise, you also need to do this for the second one as well. So, go to the second exercise and enable Superset. You can do this for as many exercises as you want. After you're done, all exercises will be grouped as part of one Superset. When you check one as done, all of the others are also checked. Hope it helped. If you have any other question, feel free to get in touch with our support team at email@example.com.
Ran into some issues with syncing to my watch that had me upset, however when I emailed the support team they responded extremely quickly and resolved my issue, now I get to talk about everything that the app does right!! It looks beautiful on the watch, has everything you need and isn’t over complicated, tracks workouts well and makes it super easy to follow your workout without whipping out a phone or workout sheet between each exercise. The workout database is good and allows you to add any of your personal exercises that aren’t in the system with ease. Functionality combined with the level of customer service makes this app an incredibly safe and worthwhile purchase. Thanks for turning my customer experience around so quickly!
Developer Response ,
Hi, the Watch syncs all your routines automatically. If you're experiencing any issue, please get in touch with our support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily help you.
- Mateus Abras
- 233.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 SmartGym
- In-App Purchases
- Manage 10 Students Monthly $14.99
- Manage 10 Students Yearly $124.99
- Manage 20 Students Monthly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.