- One of Apple's favorite Apple Watch apps of 2018 and 2019!
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
"Best Apple Watch Apps for Health and Fitness" - Forbes
"Best health and fitness apps for Apple Watch" - iMore
- Featured by Apple as *App of the Day* all around the world!
- Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you don't even need your phone while you workout.
- Artificial Intelligence able to create personalized workouts for you, and also suggest changes and updates as you progress.
- Pre-made workouts carefully created by professionals and curated for you.
- Workouts based on which equipments you have.
- Full HIIT Support.
- Full Home Workouts support.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 620 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images.
- Unlock awards as you go through your workouts and hit your goals.
- Voice guidance for HIIT workouts.
- Check all exercises as done to add them to your history.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your week's summary with just your voice.
- Full iPad app, with Multiple Window and Drag and Drop support.
Apple Watch only:
- Standalone Watch app. No need to use the iPhone with you.
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Use Augmented Reality to analyze your students' posture. (A12 device or later is required for this feature)
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your student's routines with just your voice.
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 10 histories and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access unlimited routines, histories, measurements, plus a premium account that syncs all data to our cloud service.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
This is a massive update! We've been working really hard on this and we hope you all like it.
- 330 new exercises! Bringing SmartGym to a total of 620 exercises.
- Many new equipment.
- New pre-made workouts, carefully created by professionals, to improve performance and conditioning in Boxing/Martial Arts and Ultimate Frisbee.
- SmartGym now offers over 130 pre-made workouts, all carefully created by professionals.
- All new History Screen on the Apple Watch.
- Smart Trainer is a lot more powerful. It's able to create even better and more diversified workouts, even if you don't have any equipment at all.
If you like using SmartGym, please consider leaving a review on the App Store. It really helps.
If you experience any issues, or have any question, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely perfect app
I want to start by saying I haven’t been going to the gym for very long, about 6 days a week for the past two or three months. I got smart gym a couple weeks ago and am extremely happy with it! It is a great app, I love how you can pick what body parts you want to work out and how long for and it builds an exercise for you. I’ve been getting into my workouts a lot more with this app. It’s really changed how I work out because I only stuck to what I knew before, whereas this app has such a vast library of exercises and diagrams that I’ve been able to use a lot more variations of lifting than I even would’ve thought possible. I also really like the measures and how it ties in with the health app, all of the pairing is really really smooth compared to other apps I’ve tried. I love how the trainer suggests changes to your workouts to really help out with progress. It’s good to push you! I love this app and will never stop using it for sure, it’s helped me stick to a good gym schedule and I love it.
The best gym/workout app I’ve ever seen, easy to create workouts that make sense and keep your body guessing. Seamless pairing between watch and app and the health app.
Not A Glitch
Just did my first workout with the app. The only set back I notice was; when not connected to wifi (i.e. offline) I could not update the reps. If I did more or less I could not instantly update. Error message said “app appears to be offline.” Currently, in various workout my reps are not accurate. Fix this issue and it’s an easy 5 stars… ***Update*** The developer did reach out and I thank them for that. As stated by the developer, “ that's not a glitch. You can use SmartGym while offline, but in order to sync your changes to the cloud, you will need an internet connection. It's important to note that it doesn't require it to be Wi-Fi. It can be cellular like 3G, 4G or 5G. If you have an Apple Watch, then you can already do your changes while offline. It will sync the next time your Watch has a valid connection. We're working on a future update to bring this to the iPhone.” this is a significant set back as everyone does not have an Apple Watch. The app has good features but this minor issue is huge. Not being able to update repetitions while working out offline with my phone is asinine, is like you’re implying get an Apple Watch.
***Update*** Not Worth the Money…still no offline feature and the app automagically archived all my workouts when I tried creating new work using the SMART TRAINER. This app looks great but other than that there’s way better user friendly better intuitive workout apps that is far less expensive .
Developer Response ,
Hi Harry, as we've told you via email, that's not a glitch. You can use SmartGym while offline, but in order to sync your changes to the cloud, you will need an internet connection. It's important to note that it doesn't require it to be Wi-Fi. It can be cellular like 3G, 4G or 5G. If you have an Apple Watch, then you can already do your changes while offline. It will sync the next time your Watch has a valid connection. We're working on a future update to bring this to the iPhone app.
Exactly what I was looking for!
I used to play on all sorts of sports team, and every summer I would do conditioning so training became something I enjoyed. But recently I experienced some health issues where I lost all my muscle and have had to start over. It’s made in incredibly uncomfortable for me to go to the gym because I’m really embarrassed. So I was looking for something that could give me different exercises to do at home, with limited equipment. I was tired of my own routines and I needed a fresh take. All the research online overwhelmed me. So I decided to check this app out and holy moly, was it perfect! There are still some basic grammatical errors and some features that I think will need work (can only link it to an Apple Watch, I don’t see how many calories I burned in a workout in the history tab, etc). Overall, I’m thrilled. It’s got me motivated and feeling great. I can see my muscle building back up slowly and I love that I can set the amount of time and which days I want to work out and rest on. Thank you so much Smart Gym! Hopefully one day I’ll be brave enough to go to the gym in person, but for now, I’m going to use Smart Gym!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for such an amazing review and for sharing your story. So glad SmartGym has been motivating you and helping you get back in shape. We hope you're recovered and well now. Don't let those negative thoughts get to you. We're sure you will do super well in a gym. And when you get back to the gym, we hope SmartGym can still be a good companion to you. :) Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can better understand what you think can be done better, and so we can also fix the gramatical errors (sorry about that).
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mateus Abras
- 50.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 SmartGym
- In-App Purchases
- SmartGym Premium+ Yearly $59.99
- SmartGym Premium+ Monthly $9.99
- User Account Monthly $6.99
- User Account Yearly $39.99
- SG Premium $39.99
- Legacy Plan $29.99
- Manage 10 Students Monthly $14.99
- Family Premium+ Yearly $99.99
- Manage 10 Students Yearly $124.99
- Family Premium+ Monthly $16.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.