The legendary Russian Squat routine that can boost your Squat by up to 100 pounds in 13 weeks.
The legendary Russian Squat routine that can boost your Squat by up to 100 pounds in 13 weeks. Smolov was created by the Russian master Sergey Smolov and later came to popularity in 2001 in the book "Power to the People Professional".
WARNING: Smolov is not for beginners. It is recommended that you have at least one year of weightlifting experience before attempting this advanced routine. You must also have proper squat technique.
This is the program for lifters who know that anything worth doing is worth doing right. Go big, or go home.
Smolov is split into 4 phases:
- Weeks 1-2: Introduction Phase
- Weeks 3-6 Base Phase
- Weeks 7-8 Switching Phase
- Weeks 9-13 Intense Phase
Full Smolov Tips:
- Do not deadlift when doing the Full Smolov routine. Deadlifts will interfere with your squats.
- Eat: at least 4000/kcal/day (depending upon body type)
- Sleep: This is when you get stronger. Recovery will not happen if you do not get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Stretch: Stretching on rest days will prevent injuries, boost strength and recovery time
- Get a training partner
- Automate your Smolov Jr. cycles! Run any number of Smolov Jr. cycles as well as the full Smolov cycles.
- Never do plate math! We've included a plate calculator that will tell you what plates to load on your bar for each lift and automatically round your weights.
- Login to backup / sync your progress. Never lose your work!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Let us know if we can do anything to make the app better for you! Please be sure to review the app so others can find it when searching.
Ratings and Reviews
App great. But week 1 has bugs.
The app is great! But... be aware of the programming on week 1. It says to do lunges at 70% which is NOT part of the SMOLOV programming. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. Other than that, the calculations are fine and I absolutely love that I can enter the type of plates I have so that it takes the guessing game out. Solid!
Simple. Clean. No annoying ad pop ups
Does what it does. I haven't checked if the formula is accurate to the ones on the website but it shouldn't matter too differently.
Charge to finish
Looks awesome kinda a bummer they charge 6$ to work past week 7... also who does lunges with 85% of their 1rm like are prescribed in week one?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Charles Vanderhoff
- 18.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Vandersoft
- In-App Purchases
- Smolov Pro $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.