Make payments in a snap!
SnapScan is a mobile payments app, providing South Africans with the most convenient way to securely pay with their phones. After installing the app load your bank card, add a secure pin or use fingerprint authentication and then scan a SnapScan QR code to make payments with your phone.
With SnapScan you can:
- Pay with your phone
- Shop in store and online
- Settle bills (via invoices and in-app)
- Make donations
- Buy electricity and airtime for you or a friend
- Send money to friends
- Load up to three cards (business or personal)
- Utilise the wallet option for budgeting
- See a list of previous transactions
- Authenticate your payments with a 4 digit pin, fingerprint or FaceID authentication.
What you need:
- A valid credit or eCommerce enabled debit card (SnapScan works with all South African banks and most international credit cards)
- A working South African cellphone number
- Our customer support team is here for you at email@example.com
For additional information, or to sign up as a merchant, visit our website: www.snapscan.co.za
Powered by Standard Bank
– 'Become a merchant' button added to the 'Menu': visit SnapScan's website to learn more about our payment solutions, and sign up in a snap.
– Various UI improvements and bug fixes.
– 'Prepaid University' added to the 'Prepaid' section of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
It is a worrisome sign that any software publisher considers a jailbroken phone an inherent security risk for its software. It indicates a lack of understanding of application and network security and bodes ill for that developer taking proper responsibility for the safety of my payment data. While the application concept is a good one, as a technology consultant I see unnecessary risk in trusting a developer with sensitive data who begins alarmist finger-pointing before properly and thoroughly examining relevant security, threat, and vulnerability models.
Very impressive. Speedy, super convenient, very reliable as I do not have to worry nor guess what happens to my cards in a moment of distraction as no one gets to "touch" them and neither am I kept waiting to pay my bill!! Love the extreme convenience & reliability. This is an app out of the future. Well done & keep it up!! Please, please move this beyond Cape Town and Stellenbosch - I would use this all over the country & beyond.
Service is good but ...
I have used SnapScan for a while and I have to admit it works fine. I however, have a major problem with the software. There is no option to create an account and register and anytime the up is updated or my phone is restored or reset I have to "readd" my card which cost R2. I am happy to pay for apps and services, this constant payment at any update or re-addition is not appropriate.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.