Download now and get our Premium Edition (all the features) free for 7 days. It will automatically downgrade to the Basic Edition after 7 days.
— WHY DO I WANT IT? —
Get more time in your day when you check your email on the move.
How long do you spend in your email inbox? With the help of Speaking Email during your daily drive to work, you can easily cut this time in half. Get more done, stay on top and keep a clean inbox.
Voice commands and simple gestures designed to be safe to use while driving give you the ability to archive, flag or even reply on the move.
Makes email easy to use for those with visual impairment, blindness, dyslexia, stroke, motor dysfunction. Designed to be used without needing to see or touch the screen, Speaking Email works as a fully voice operated email app.
Note: a sighted assistant or VoiceOver is required to sign into your email account and configure the many preferences to your liking. The rest is all voice controlled!
— HOW DOES IT WORK? —
Speaking Email reads your latest emails out loud from your inbox, one by one. Swipe left and right to play your inbox like a jukebox.
Whip through your inbox, clear clutter, flag important items and make inbox zero a reality - all while on the go.
You can interact with your email using full screen taps, swipes and voice commands.
Voice recognition needs a trigger. You choose when to pause for a command - on full screen tap, every 30 seconds, at the start/end of emails.
— FEATURES —
- Smart content detection skips over disclaimers, reply headers, and email signatures to speak only the content without the clutter
- Multilingual mode automatically detects the email language and switches voices to match, using Apple text-to-speech voices
- Makes use of the latest Apple speech recognition technology lets you dictate your reply, which is read back to you before sending
- Our simple Ignore Sender command puts you in control, allowing you to avoid hearing emails from the sender in future
- Connects securely to all email servers, including Gmail (using Google Sign In), Office 365 (supporting MFA and OAUTH), Exchange (via ActiveSync), IMAP, POP, iCloud, Outlook/Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL
- Voice commands and buttons include:
Ignore (thumbs down)
Important (thumbs up)
- Supports Bluetooth for handsfree operation, designed to be safe for driving
- Can be used as assistive technology for blind or visually impaired users
- Everyone manages email a bit differently. We have many mailbox options for reading order, filtering, whether to "archive", "mark as read", move to a folder, or not to touch email on your mail server.
- Many preferences to set up your experience how you like
— QUESTIONS —
Reach us at email@example.com
See our FAQ: http://www.speaking.email/faq
Feature tour: http://www.speaking.email
— RECOGNITION —
- "Highly Recommended" by Marc Saltzman in USA Today (2018)
- TV3 News (NZ), Paul Henry Show, Sky News
- The Australian, Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, NT News, SBS
- NZ Herald, National Business Review
- Featured by Apple in Best New Apps on the App Store
- Voted Most Fundable App by Context.IO
- Finalist in NZ Hi Tech Awards 2017
— QUOTES —
“This is a nifty app, and one that will make driving a little safer for inbox addicts”—NBR
“Brilliant idea”—Paul Henry, TV3
“My eyesight isn’t as it was years ago, and your Speaking Email makes it so much easier for me to keep in touch with folks” — Willis Hargrave
“I absolutely love the app and being an outside sales rep in the car 4 to 6 hours a day find it incredibly helpful. It is literally freeing up and hour or two of time for me every day I am on the road by having a lot less time at the desk doing email. THANKS!!!” — Scott Middleton
- New "voice" voice command. Say "voice" to change the reading voice.
- New Blind Mode reads out all text on screen. Set this under Preferences > Misc.
- End Screen now shows any filters you have in place so you can see why there are no more emails. You can also say relevant voice commands on the end screen - previous, undo, account, compose, menu, inbox - and these buttons appear if you tap the screen.
- Email limit increased to 500
- Improved handling of expired tokens for Office 365 logins.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Revision - to Very Good
I am very overdue to correct my original review of this app - so I need to restore my own integrity - my apologies to the developer.
I was very wrong about the voice recognition piece - I made the mistake of blaming the app when it was my poor Bluetooth in car mic (even though it was new).
After I purchased (a great) Plantronics Voyager 104 Bluetooth headset, then I quickly realized my error and incorrect rating.
In terms of the App, I was fairly happy, and it really did make a listening (and replying by voice) to emails while driving very possible.
I still had some trouble editing a response without having to start from scratch, which was frustrating if I needed to correct one word within a response I verbally created, but I know the developer was making incremental improvements to this, and they were very open to listening to feedback. Pretty impressive.
One thing that was always challenging was to clearly understand how the settings, some of which seemed to overlap potentially in how and which emails come in, and I could never be confident that the app, even if left running, would pick up where I last left off (so I had to set to always read a specific number of emails - e.g. always read 30).
However, overall a very good app and worth the ability to deal with email if you are commuting.
Developer Response ,
Hi, the app is using the Apple voice recognition that is built-in to the phone, so it should not be flaky. We have added our own language detection and contact name recognition on top of this, plus some autocorrection. We also have a popup "did you mean" in order to try to recognise similar sounding commands.
Normally when you relaunch the app after an hour or more, the app starts again from the latest email in your inbox. If its been less than an hour, it should still be open on the email you left it on, so will continue from there. We also have a setting in preferences "play only unplayed" which will prevent replaying emails you have already listened to.
Good product but a little buggy
Some things don’t work all of the time and there are some crashes. All of that being said, it keeps me updated on my emails while driving to work.
Best customer service!!
The way this app functions is tremendous especially for someone like me who can no longer look at my smartphone due to my eye problem. So the app works very smoothly and it is easy to learn and very easy to use. I highly recommend it. The best part is superb customer service. I wrote to the company about an issue I was having and the app developer corresponded with me in less than an hour and actually fixed a bug in the system and the problem was corrected within a few hours. It is so helpful to be able to speak directly and quickly to the app developer. This is such a helpful and beneficial product, it is so well done. I highly highly recommend purchasing it. It is well worth the money to stay with the premium edition. Because of this app my eyes are already feeling the relief.
- BEWEB LTD
- 52.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Beweb Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Plan $4.99
- Premium Plan 12 Months $29.99
- Premium Plan 3 Months $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.