Visualise, in real time, the frequencies that you can hear around you and even those you cannot. SpectrumView provides a high-quality, real-time spectrogram and spectrum analyser display, with a configurable sample rate and frequency resolution for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can use this application to measure the highest tones you can sing, obtain visual feedback of the frequencies in your speech, identify an annoying sound, calibrate musical instruments and all sorts of acoustic analysis.
· *NEW* Refresh Spectrogram. Allows users to refresh the spectrogram so that it clears the spectrogram that had already been displayed.
· *NEW* Change min and max scale. Allows users to set their own minimum and maximum scale value on the spectrogram and spectrum analyser view, in both linear and log scale.
· *NEW* Set Recording filename. Recording filenames are editable and the suffix can be set to have an incremental value or date/time.
· *NEW* Access recordings and snapshots using the "Files" app. To ease the complicated process of accessing recordings and data snapshots using iTunes, all the data can be easily accessible using the "Files" app that is available from iOS 11.
· Web File Transfer. Allows you to access your files from another device using a web browser.
· Logarithmic scale. Allows you to set either linear or logarithmic frequency scales in the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser views
· Peak hold. Allows you to freeze and hold the peaks of the frequency envelope (three holds in three distinct colours) in Spectrum Analyser mode
· Save location. Never forget where a clip was recorded – uses the devices location services
· Auto lock disabled. During playback and recordings auto lock is disabled to prevent the device from automatically locking (if enabled), for uninterrupted recording/playback
· Multiple selectable sample rates from 8,000 Hz to 48,000 Hz
· High-frequency resolution with configurable signal analysis window lengths or Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) orders.
· Sound intensity represented using a colour spectrum scale from -96 dBFS to 0 dBFS.
· Frequency Pinch-to-Zoom. Allows you to zoom into the frequency space to look at a specific tone or frequency.
· Recording and Playback of Audio Files. Provides a fully functional audio recorder that allows you to record, pause and play back files in high-quality, uncompressed, wave format.
· Tap Data Cursor. Allows taps on any part of the Spectrogram or Spectrum Analyser display to obtain the exact frequency in Hertz (Hz) and level in decibels (dB) at that point.
· Musical Notes or Frequency Display on Tap. Selectable frequency or musical pitch notation to obtain the cent-accurate musical note e.g. A4 (22), when the display is tapped.
· Live Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser Views of Recorded Files. Files recorded can be played back and the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser modes can be used to review the audio.
· Sharing Recorded Files by Email or iTunes File-sharing.
· High Quality Screenshots.
· Soundcloud support. Audio files can be uploaded to or downloaded from Soundcloud as well as being able to post audio to facebook.
· Playback from iTunes library. Files can now be analysed directly form the iTunes library.
· Fullscreen mode. Hide the menu at the bottom of the screen to get even more of the screen dedicated to frequency analysis.
· Selectable spectrogram colour scales. You can now select one of 7 colour scales for your spectrogram.
· Selectable window functions. You can now see the window function options provided.
· Apply gain. A maximum of 24dB gain can be applied to make ‘hard to see’ details easier to view.
· Open In. Audio files can be directly opened in SpectrumView. View files sent by email directly in SpectrumView.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
New features in 2.3
* iPhone X compatible user interface
* Ability to refresh spectrogram during recording and playback
* Ability to set the minimum and maximum scale value of spectrogram and spectrum analyser view (in both linear and log scale)
* Ability to set recording filename - recording filename can now have incremental suffix or date/time suffix
* File names of image snapshots and data snapshots that are generated from playback are named according to the playback filename which makes it easier to identify the file.
* Ability to access all the recordings, image snapshot and data snapshot from "Files" app (available from iOS 11)
* Updated to latest SDK and fixed user interface issues
* iOS 9.0 and above compatibility issues addressed (including file open issue)
Ratings and Reviews
App doing weird things
Hello! I’ve been using your app now for a month and it’s working very well up until now. When I Download the app it immediately popped in and update in the application which I’ve never seen before when you download an app from the App Store it should already be in the latest version correct? It’s not the latest version important update and if I don’t do the update the app works for two seconds and then it doesn’t work at all literally blank when I’m trying to record!!! I know it’s nothing else it should be picking up the motion of the fan in the room and it won’t even do that.
Terrific as far as it goes
I purchased the zoom feature but unfortunately it doesn’t expand the time scale. Not that useful for bird songs.
Such a joy to use this app for ear-birding. Love the (paid) option for web browser access to my recordings so I can avoid having to use SoundCloud or other third party site (or email) to get them onto my computer. I do wish there was a batch delete option or even just an option to delete ALL files. And it would be nice if the time stamp and lay/Lon were stored as metadata in the wav file. Still, an awesome app!
The developer, Oxford Wave Research Ltd., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oxford Wave Research Ltd.
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © (C) 2017 Oxford Wave Research Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Enable pinch to zoom $1.99
- Enable Log Scale $1.99
- Disable recording length limit $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.