Spirit Island 9+
Co-op Settler Destruction
Handelabra Studio LLC
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
In the most distant reaches of the world, magic still exists, embodied by spirits of the land, of the sky, and of every natural thing. As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further and further, they will inevitably lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power - and when they do, the land itself will fight back alongside the islanders who live there.
Spirit Island is a cooperative settler-destruction strategy game designed by R. Eric Reuss and set in an alternate-history world around A.D. 1700. Players become different Spirits of the land, each with their own unique elemental powers, forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders spreading blight and destruction. Your Spirits work with the native Dahan to increase your power and drive the invading colonists from your island in this strategic area-control game.
Spirit Island includes:
• Free access to unlimited plays of the tutorial game
• Create custom games of up to 4 spirits and play 5 full turns
• 4 Spirits available for custom games: Lightning’s Swift Strike, River Surges in Sunlight, Shadows Flicker Like Flame, and Vital Strength of the Earth
• 36 Minor Power cards that enhance the abilities of your Spirits
• 22 Major Power cards with more powerful effects to devastate the Invaders
• A modular island, made up of 4 balanced island boards, for a variety of layouts
• Thematic island boards that reflect the canonical island and provide a new challenge
• 15 Invader cards driving a distinctive Invader expansion system
• 2 Blight cards with challenging effects as the Invaders blight the Island
• 15 Fear cards with beneficial effects, earned as you terrify the Invaders
Every rule & interaction in the game has been carefully adapted and thoroughly tested by expert Spirit Island players, as well as the designer himself. If you’re wondering how a certain situation works in Spirit Island, this game is the ultimate rules lawyer!
• Original dynamic music composed by Jean-Marc Giffin brings Spirit Island to life. Each Spirit has unique musical elements that wax and wane as the game progresses.
• 3D Textured maps bring a realistic look and isometric perspective to the Island.
• 3D Classic maps present the Island the way it looks on the tabletop.
• 2D Classic maps provide a simplified top-down option for all you number crunchers out there.
When you are ready for more, choose the best option for your budget to unlock the full game!
Get access to 6 additional Spirits, each with 4 unique Power cards:
• Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares - Strike fear into the hearts of the Invaders!
• Heart of the Wildfire - Burn everything in your path, and heal the land with time.
• Ocean's Hungry Grasp - Drown the Invaders with the power of the sea.
• Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island - Absorb presence and rise up with immense power!
• A Spread of Rampant Green - Entangle the Invaders with unstoppable growth.
• Thunderspeaker - Join forces with the Dahan to wreak havoc on the Invaders.
Face 3 multi-tier Adversaries (specific Invaders) for play variety and fine-tuned challenge: Brandenburg-Prussa, England & Sweden.
Explore 4 optional Scenarios for even more play variety: Blitz, Dahan Insurrection, Guard the Isle's Heart, & Rituals of Terror.
Purchase the Full Game - Permanently unlocks all content from the core game and Promo Pack 1. The Branch & Claw expansion is available as a separate In App Purchase. Future expansions will be sold separately.
Or subscribe for Unlimited Access ($1.99 USD/month) - Unlocks all content during the term of your subscription. Includes all core game content, Promo Pack 1, Branch & Claw, as well as all future content as it becomes available.
Now Available: Branch & Claw expansion with 2 Spirits, an Adversary, 52 Power Cards, new Tokens, 15 Fear Cards, 7 Blight Cards, 4 Scenarios, and an Event Deck.
Terms of Service: handelabra.com/terms
This update includes bug fixes:
- Repeating powers with Powerstorm and Gift of Strength now works properly in multiplayer.
- Fixed undo related issues with A Spread of Rampant Green's growth options.
Ratings and Reviews
Same Great Game Minor Problems
Very polished and with just having recently added multiplayer to play with people online, I’m impressed. Have yet to run across a game breaking bug and the options are as endless as they are fun. The lack of a 5th star is simply do to the game not translating well to iPhone as opposed to IPad. They have come a long ways in this regard but, in specific, selecting which spirit you want to control while dual playing spirits single player is very cumbersome. Often times selecting the spirit board instead of passing growth or card choices back to the other spirit seems like an exercise in futility. In fact, when the selection does go about correctly on the first click I’m shocked. Other than that it’s a barrel of fun and replayability.
I am playing as Shadows Flicker Like Flame. I have 1 presence in a Sand Zone. I am trying to target the zone with Quicken the Earth’s Struggles which has a range of 0. The zone does not light up as targetable, but all other zones I have presence in do light up (as well as zones with Dahan) Very confused - possible bug? Also cannot use my inherent ability in that same sand zone. Starting to think the game doesn’t realize I actually have presence there in that zone.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for playing! Those powers require a Sacred Site, which is a land with 2 or more of your Presence. If the land has only 1 of your Presence, it's not a valid target for the power.
Expensive and annoying
This game is at least twice as expensive as others. It takes 30 seconds for the opening menu to be completely labeled, so unless one memorizes the symbols and what they mean, one has to wait to use the game. Evidently others find this annoying because they have an FAQ about it: “The Main Menu is designed as part of the story of the game; the Island has always been there, before colonizers arrived to give their names to things. You can use the buttons on the main menu immediately, so as you attune yourself to the ways of the Island, you can jump right into the one you’re looking for. We also provide an accessibility option to disable all animations, including the main menu animation.” I’m sorry, but sitting through a lame 30 seconds animation everything you launch the app does not make your interface part of the story. It is just simply annoying.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 423.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019-2022 Handelabra Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Access $1.99
- Full Game $19.99
- Branch & Claw $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.