Shows skydivers current weather, winds, the best exit area and pattern in current wind conditions.
A tool for parachute pilots.
As long as you depend on skydiving weather - you must have Spot Assist.
Whats does it do:
1. Displays a satellite map of dropzones world wide.
2. Shows current windaloft and surface winds world wide.
3. Displays a range of your parachute and a safe jump run exit area. (In-App purchase required)
4. When zoomed in to the pattern - displays recommended pattern for your parachute. (In-App purchase required)
5. Helps to find your cutaway canopy: mark cutaway location and app will use windsaloft to calculate where it has landed.(In-App purchase required for past wind data)
Cutaway Data Subscription length is 1(one month) and is auto-renewable, which means the following
-Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
-Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
-Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
– Cost of the renewal is the same as original subscription.
New features from users requests:
1. See what stations are used in the weather view
2. See the altitude on the map
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Quick Reference
Know how to calculate freefall and canopy drift. Once you do, you can easily use this to visually confirm your calculated exit point with a tolerance added to accommodate multiple jumpers and the associated jump run. Upper winds readily available in the app to help you with your spot calculations, cloud altitudes so you know if you'll be able to at least do some hop and pops if the cloud layer is too thick for a full altitude jump, but high enough to jump below it. You can input canopy type, opening altitude etc. to increase accuracy. You can adjust your landing direction and pattern leg entry points based on the actual ground conditions. Best app for skydiving. Spend the few dollars and max the features out... best <$10 you'll spend to make sure you don't land off. Everything in skydiving is expensive... this isn't. Great work.
Excellent for paragliding! PPG
This is exactly what I needed. Flying a powdered paraglider I like to know surface level wind speed and winds aloft. This app is simple to look at and understand. Knowing the cloud deck height with forested models is great too if you want to fly above them. The graph is very simplistic which is a good thing. Only the necessary data is shown so there’s no clutter. I wouldn’t change anything about this. You don’t even have to choose a location. You just move the part of the map into view and the data is automatically pulled for that area.
I searched a long time looking at weather, wind and aviation apps and none of them provided a simple all in one solution for the data this app provides.
Like any “application “, take the info with a grain of salt and a generous dose of common sense. I’m still in training, but one of my mentors turned me on to this and I find myself checking it all the time. I’ve worked outdoors all my life and this gives a greater picture of weather and conditions than normal radar. The daily info I received from this program combined with my lifetime knowledge gives me a much better understanding of weather patterns in our area and makes this a very valuable tool.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrey Kan
- 82.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Livewings Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Pattern Feature for life $3.99
- Exit Area Feature for life $2.99
- Cutaway Data Subscription $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.