Spring Reverb models the sound and character of popular spring reverbs found in guitar amplifiers, popularized by Surf, Garage and Rockabilly music. Spring takes this a step further by allowing manipulation of physical parameters not normally available in a real spring tank. The results vary from faithful recreations of real springs to distinctive new sounds that push the physical boundaries of reverb. Guitarists love the revered surfer vibe but all creative musicians will find that Spring makes any synthesizer, drum, or vocal stand out in a mix.
This vintage reverb sound originally derived from the reflections of sound waves traveling through springs has been given an overhaul for the 21st century and beyond. Eventide Spring contains two different sized ‘spring tanks’ along with the ability to morph between one and three springs. Easily program The Ribbon to seamlessly transition between any two settings in real-time! The added tube-amp-style tremolo can be routed before or after the spring resulting in an unrivaled ability to craft your own unique reverb sound. Alter the intensity by changing the tremolo depth and adjust the tremolo rate in Hz, or note value when tempo-synced to your project.
- Artist presets by Matt Lange, Nick Hook, and Nu-Trix.
- Tempo Sync reverb decay to your DAW
- Craft original sounds by changing the number of springs and damping frequency
- Alter overall resonance by selecting the size of the spring tank
- Tube-amp-style tremolo that can be routed pre- or post-reverb
- Create chorus-like effects by altering Modulation Level
- The Ribbon controller allows for dynamic modification of several knobs at once to easily morph between settings
- Programmable Hotswitch provides the ability to jump instantly to an alternate sound at the push of a button
- iOS version works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 effect, or Inter-App Audio effect
Added MIDI AUv3
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the time
Definitely don’t judge this by the presets, they’re awful and all just totally “out there.” But take the time to dial it in as a nice, musical reverb tank emulation, and this thing can really pull off some beautiful sounds. I’ve never found a “perfect” spring reverb auv3, but this is probably the only one I’d try to record with. It’ll get you there, but you do need to play with it a little.
Best iOS spring verb
Sounds great on a drum bus. Can do everything from realistic to very metallic out there tones. Like most eventide effects it is very flexible if you’re willing to venture past the presets. Worth it.
Sounds great with my synth apps. I don’t know what the complaints are about. Make it sound out there and make it sound like noisy old spring reverb.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Eventide Inc.
- 26.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Eventide Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.