Create amazing comic books with your photos and share with friends and family. Tell exciting stories with balloons, stickers, drawings, and warped 3D lettering. Strip Designer offers the complete comic creation experience on iOS and macOS.
And no in-app purchases -- Everything is included!
You'll begin by selecting one of the many included comic book page templates or create your own custom layout.
Next, you'll add photos from the camera, your album, or create a drawing. Apply filters, or even paint on and mask your photos for atmosphere, style and retouching.
Add balloons and text anywhere you want and in any direction and size. Play with the colors and fonts until you get the perfect look.
Add stickers like "Boom", "Splash", or "Bang" to spice up the action -- Even create your own library using photos from your photo-album and the built-in masking and drawing tools.
Use 3D warped text with thick borders and gradient color-fill to give your comic the extra super-hero feel. Download and add additional free fonts easily within the app, to give your text a unique look!
While you work, you can freely pan and zoom to control even tiny details.
Once you have finished your masterpiece you can save it to your photo album or share it with your friends. Use PDF to share entire comic books in high-quality.
-- All from within Strip Designer.
• More than a 100 page templates with 1 to 9 photo cells
• Multipage books
• Use the standard panel layouts or create your own up-to 12 photo cells
• Many balloon types with customizable tails and heads
• Balloons can have multiple tails and be combined
• Flexible text options with per-letter colors and fonts
• Adjust ballon size, rotation, color, and transparency
• Add 3D, warped, and perspective text for the superhero vibe
• Use any iOS font or install additional fonts for unique touch
• More than 150 stickers to insert for additional impact
• Page effects to give your pages old look
• Dropbox and WebDAV download/upload support
• Export to PDF to create real comic books
• Import PDFs (for both cells and custom stickers)
• Control scale, position, and rotation of photos
• Integrated drawing and masking tools to create your own drawings, paint on photos, or make your own stickers
• Many different cell styles
• Photo filters
• Fluidly pan and zoom to manage even the smallest details
• Insert maps for additional context
• iCloud sync across devices
• Support for iOS's third party document providers
• Layers view to lock or reorder layers
• Shared iPad (for education) setup through MDM configuration
No in-app purchases -- Everything is included!
• Radial and custom gradients
• Additional effect text
• Multiple page selection (with shift-key)
• Minor bug-fix
Ratings and Reviews
My overall graphic app for years. Love. It.
This app is ergonomic gold and not only does it actually encourage comic strip design but the retouch feature is out of this world!!!
I use it over Gimp and Photoshop as a mobile retoucher and the blur strength doesn’t give me headaches to adjust. I even use it to fix those blasted insane fingers and other artifacts in Midjourney. The color picker too is marvelously argument-free. Since buying the app I have had it crash maybe once and that was I think on a 10 with literally 28 apps open. This is actually my favorite app out of the hundred that I have and more hundreds that I’ve purchased. The ergonomics are actually tested by somebody who cares about the user experience instead of in theory on a big monitor. I am surprised that there are only 50 5- star ratings.
If you are tired of creative/graphic apps that only torment you and ask for in-app purchases and otherwise try their best to irk, please get this app. Support this amazing effort.
This app is best in its class!
App is absolutely top in its class. Tried them all. New features are excellent.
For ease of use and functionality this app is the best in its class. The others I tried were clunky and difficult to use but I prefer landscape mode and the 'draw on' capability of the pics. In future updates I would like to see a 'frames' section added where we can choose nice borders like the old Picture-It by Microsoft on a pc. Love being able to use an Apple pencil as well. A bit more on the draw options would be nice but being able to use the Camera Roll to upload provides workarounds. App remains well supported and not restricted to 'square' like some others that do frames but do not have landscape mode. Very necessary for photo art or incorporating originals.
Intuitive and lots of features
I got another app (comic strip, I believe) that has a ton of great reviews but it absolutely sucks—crashes, you can’t “go back” because it just cycles you through the menu. this one is great—it is easy to use and has tons of layers so you can do a lot of stuff on it similar to powerpoint. I don’t think it has a “photo to cartoon” filter though—would be nice but overall, 5 stars!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jens Egeblad
- 54.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Vivid apps 2009
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.