On the move? So is the market. Stay on top of it with the TD Ameritrade Mobile app. Monitor the markets and your positions at a glance on the Dashboard page, deposit funds with mobile check deposit, catch up on the latest news and research, or browse educational content—all from your mobile device. Trade with confidence everywhere you go, with the security and precision of your desktop right in the palm of your hand.
All the features you need:
• Use the Dashboard page while on the go to check in on the markets and your accounts
• Keep up on the market with price alerts, real-time streaming quotes, helpful charts, Level II quotes, News, and the Today widget
• Track and trade stocks, options (up to two-leg strategies), options chains, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and even check your order status when on the go
• Transfer funds to and from your account, and use mobile check deposit to deposit funds whenever you want
• Use Face ID or Touch ID to sign in and to authorize trades and transfers
• Take advantage of educational offerings and browse videos on investing strategies, stocks, options, and more—anytime, anywhere
• Access third-party research like on-demand video from Thomson Reuters and CNBC, plus stay up to date with the latest analyst reports, Social Signals, and Twitter integration
• Use alerts to spot potential trading opportunities, get notifications when certain price targets are met, and stay up to date when key news breaks or events occur. Available on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch®.
• Manage and monitor your account with real-time balances and positions, statements and tax documents, transaction history, and our secure Message Center—right at your fingertips
• Customize your experience by setting up your Positions and Watch List screens just the way you want
Don't miss a minute of the market. Download the TD Ameritrade Mobile app and take your portfolio with you, wherever you go.
Improved account balances page:
• A summary view with your most important balance info
• A new, easy-to-read detailed view with all your balances info
• More in-depth buying power displays
• Simpler balances terms, plus their definitions just a tap away
Buying power displayed on stock and options trade tickets
Easy-to-read cash balances on deposits and transfers pages
Ratings and Reviews
Mobile App very good but needs to be better
Love the clarity of account info and valuable insight with the research tabs, etcetera. But a few times too many over the course of each quarter the TD Ameritrade servers are overloaded and it takes 20-90 minutes to get through which is highly upsetting at the market opening and you're trying to manage some positions that may have a "falling knife" occurring! And what recourse is there other than to call Customer Service to complain and threaten to move accounts to another Brokerage. I've had to ask for some free trades to offset this. They were not offering anything but an apology. The company needs to invest in more infrastructure so they would not be a problem like this in the future. I would really want to see 0 or <=1 instance lasting less than 10 minutes per quarter going forward. I hope this Review gets the attention it deserves or the company could start losing tens of thousands of accounts.
Mobile Opportunity Offers Independence
As a former U.S. Marine Infantryman who struggles to be out in public and work a job that involves interacting with other people due to injuries during my service, it is encouraging to know I can attempt to work from home, trading. My training has instilled in me a desire and responsibility to be as independent as possible and be a productive and contributing member of a free capitalistic society. Due to my injuries I foresaw a future of dependence on a group of fellow Americans who were happy to compensate me based on my service, but my former training and instinct drives me to continue to grow and be productive in spite of my very limited contact with other people and many hours and days spent alone in my home managing symptoms that can frankly be very confusing and limiting. Your app allows me to quickly view the market, my watchlists, my account and enter and exit trades if I’m away from my computer, and if I were to encounter a power or internet outage this app on a charged mobile device becomes an invaluable tool. The ability to use this app alongside TD Ameritrade’s Think or Swim trading platform adds to that reality of independence and empowerment that is so very valuable and necessary for me to continue to give back as best as I still am able. Thank you for this opportunity; doing what you do and offering your service that includes this app makes a difference in my life these days.
Definitely needs work
I’ve used this app for years and have observed its evolution. I’d say over the past 6-9 months it’s had the most activity in updates. But unfortunately not all updates have been positive. I don’t really like the new look or layout compared to earlier versions.
But what really displeases me about this app currently is the inconsistent experience with logging in via TouchID. Most of the time it does not work as originally designed. Upon launching the app and then touching the Home button the app always logged in for for you (if you enabled TouchID logins). Now, most of time it doesn’t work and you have to hit the Log In link and then touch the Home button. Sometimes you login and no data displays. If you’ve not specifically logged out and go back to this app sometimes it displays data and updates it, and sometimes it shows no data. You have to log out and physically log back in (hit the Log In link). It’s inconsistent and should not ever be.
Another issue going on now, the totals in the roll up categories inconsistently display. For example, if you are on the Combined Balances page, some times all of the categories display their totals and sometimes they do not. All these issues point to some coding issue which is not functioning properly. The issues are pretty prominent and I don’t understand why the Devs do not readily address them instead of trying to make the app look better (in their opinion).
- TD Ameritrade Mobile, LLC
- 83.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.