Build or destroy your own universe out of 8-bit blocks! Play the #1-pixel world creation game & build anything you can imagine! There are no limits to your creativity.
Craft or destroy amazing worlds with your godly touch in The Sandbox Evolution, the #1 pixel art world creation game.
Build anything you can dream up with advanced physics, over 500 elements and fully controllable heroes. In The Sandbox Evolution, worlds are up to 10x bigger. Create rich pixel worlds complete with ambient life, traps, platforms and enemies. You can even make your own pixel art!
THE SANDBOX EVOLUTION FEATURES:
CREATE YOUR WORLD PIXEL AFTER PIXEL!
- Build 8-bit 2D pixel worlds up to 10x bigger than the previous Sandbox
- Start from scratch or use predefined templates
- Mix & match over 170 elements to discover their unique interactions
- Manipulate Mud, Water, Sand, Fire, Metal, Electricity, Acid, Lava & more
- Craft wonders like the Parthenon & Giza Pyramid
- Control Heroes with different skillsets to shoot, fly & more
ADD LIFE & BUILD YOUR WORLD
- Bring life to your worlds with Dogs, Bears, Cows, Sabertooth Tigers & more
- Spread foliage & numerous tree varieties to bring beauty to your new world
- Decorate Houses, Castles & Igloos
- Make dynamic life with AI Humans
- Turn your world into Zombie Apocalypse if you want
- Add tech like Batteries, Crosswires, Resistance, Bulbs, Heaters, Coolers, LEDs & Sensors
- Destroy everything you can with C4, Meteorites, Nitro & TNT
- Draw retro style pixel art using 100 colors
- Compose your own chiptune songs
BROWSE THE GALLERY & SHARE ONLINE
- Share your worlds with other players
- Search worlds by keyword or tags (pixel art, music, arcade & more)
- Filter & find the Newest or Hottest creations
- Rate & bookmark your favorite levels
- Follow your favorite creators
THE GAME MAKER YOU WANTED
- Start with ready-to-use 4x4 pixel blocks then add platforms, traps & enemies
- Create your own levels with Controllable Heroes, Platforms, Blocks, Spikes & more
- Create PAC-MAN mazes
- Make your own 8bit pixel platformer or infinite runner game. Add a hero & BOOM! You’ve made your very own game in less than a minute :)
CAMPAIGNS & DAILY QUESTS
- Experience the creation of the universe through a full campaign of 13 levels
- Explore & fight with the Caveman to recover his child in the Caveman Campaign
- Dash to victory in the Runner Campaign & try to get #1 on the leaderboards
- Learn how to draw pixel art like a real artist in the zen drawing Pixel Art Campaign
- New Daily Quests, pulled from the best player creations. Challenge the best in the world, or build your levels for a chance to be featured
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY OF 745,000 FANS!
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thesandboxgame
- Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thesandboxgame
Get access to exclusive Create Modes, Stories and Element with our monthly subscription!
- Sandbox Premium: 1 month recurring subscription for $4,99 (USD).
The prices is for customers in the United States. Pricing in other countries may vary and charges will be converted to the local currency depending on the country of residence.
Payment will be charged to your account after confirmation of purchase.
The subscription is renewed unless your turn it off 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Users can manage their subscription and auto-renewal by checking the user’s account settings after the purchase in the App Store.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
More info: https://support.apple.com/HT207865
WE HAVE BEEN FIXING MANY BUGS AND ERRORS IN THE GAME TO IMPROVE STABILITY AND USER EXPERIENCE:
- Fixed issue that made some worlds unplayable once shared in the gallery.
- Fixed GUI errors that appeared when using Vehicles.
- Fixed GU errors that affected iPhone X players.
- Fixed a bug where using Survivors broke the timer feature.
- Improvements to GUI in many screens for better user experience.
- Added "exclusive" tag to subscribed players. Worlds tagged with this can only be played by other subscribed players.
NOTE: From now on, the Premium Pack will be replaced by a renewable Premium subscription. You can now try out Premium for a single month at a cheaper price! All existing Premium players will remain Premium forever, but new players after this update will need a monthly subscription to access premium features.
Ratings and Reviews
An amazing place to build and create, The Sandbox Evolution lets us be reality-shaping gods. Tons of elements and a deep tutorial give you everything you need to craft stunning worlds or make your own platformer, chiptunes, or pixel-art paintings. Even if you don’t feel like building, you’ll have hours of fun exploring other players’ creations and earning mana used to expand your toolset.
Fun, but as everyone says, kind of unfair.
This game is fun, and I love it a lot. There is two things I want to cover, though. First, the premium membership is a little, well, expensive. May as well just have the game for a few days, rather than paying 5 dollars per month for 3 or more months. I would like the game more if the premium items were a one-time purchase, rather than a monthly thing. It will make the game more enjoyable, and keep everyone happier, as well as maybe getting you a little more money because it is more enticing. And the second thing: the elements you get by watching ads are not working for me. I don’t know if it is on your side or mine, but I have tried a lot of things that people have said would help, and I am still not getting any ads. So, if you could, please make it so the important items, such as metal and other materials used to make a basic but fun level, would at least cost mana instead of videos, because I know of other people who have had the same problem as I had, and it will improve my experience as well as others. If you can, you could just let them be free, not costing anything at all, but that is your choice. The game is very fun, and I love it a lot, there are just those two things in the way of my 5-star review. Please think about them.
Great game, somewhat obnoxious subscription model
I’ve been following The Sandbox God games for many years now, and recently redownloaded Evolution as it’s essentially a heavily improved rework of their original. I came to the unfortunate realization that they’ve restricted a large amount of the content I was excited for to a $5 monthly subscription.
I loved their old revenue model, they used to have it so you can only earn X% of the total cost it’d be to buy every single element, and then had the remaining be obtainable by buying the paid storylines and earning mana by playing those missions. I may be slightly misremembering, but it was something along those lines.
The pay $5 a month is a very inconvenient model especially for players like me who may not play consistently for months at a time, I know their old system wouldn’t work the same with how they’ve made mana much more available, but I’d love to see some sort of system that allows players like me to unlock more content permanently, even if we have to pay some money along the way. Great game, but I have no intention of paying on a subscription for any iphone app that isn’t music. I already spent enough of my parents’ money on your games as a kid ;)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PIXOWL INC.
- 259.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © PIXOWL INC.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription $4.99
- All Mana Elements Pack $9.99
- Ecstasy Pack $1.99
- All Elements Pack $9.99
- All Disasters Pack $2.99
- Bag of Mana $1.99
- Basic Elements Pack $0.99
- Inner Self Pack $4.99
- Zombie Pack $2.99
- All Campaigns Pack $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.