From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Spectrum app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($5.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.thespectrum.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• As usual, we're fixing bugs and improving performance to your subscription
Ratings and Reviews
Comparable to national news apps, but at a local level. The social network connections could be a little easier to navigate.
A very smooth UI and a breeze to navigate
A very impressive user interface with easy to find and very clear drop-down boxes. Very easy to navigate and find the stories and the sections that you're looking for. The only thing I could not find was how to share the articles from the spectrum to different social media sites.
The spectrum is great
It's easy to navigate and straight-forward. The only thing I wish is that it showed if you had already read a story. Like if it went lighter or something.
- 265.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Spectrum Digital Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.