TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- When viewing a trip, the Service Information section at the top of the screen will now include alerts starting up to 5 days from now.
Ratings and Reviews
10 years and no slowing down!
I’ve been using the app for approximately 10 years and it’s always been a quality experience and well done.
I went and checked to be sure and confirmed that I first started using the app in November 2009. Ages ago yet so recent.
Functionality and coverage is perfect for Sydney. Would suggest that overview maps for Melbourne trams and trains be included for that region as it is in the app for Sydney trains.
Everyone using public transport in Sydney and Melbourne should be using this app. And tourists should be told about the app in every travel blog.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear you’ve found the app useful, and thanks for the feedback!
Absolutely brilliant- now please add brisbane
I loved this app. It has everything you need and is so user friendly. Used it when I lived in Sydney and then moved to Melbourne. Thought the world ended when I couldn’t use this app anymore. The developer than added Melbourne. Amazing.
Sadly I’m now in Brisbane. Any possibility to add the Brisbane transit system? I have the fully paid version and I can’t use it anymore. Crying camel tears!!! 4 stars only because it’s super amazing but has no brisbane.
I just moved to Sydney from the States. I live in the city and don’t own a car so I take public transportation for everything. This app makes it so easy to figure out how to move around without the hassle of trying to read the maps.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 22.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2022 TripView Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.