Learning to code has never been easier! Tynker Junior is the fun, interactive way to spark your child’s interest in coding. Young children (ages 5-7) learn the fundamentals of coding by snapping together graphical blocks to move their characters.
Tynker Junior was inspired by the award-winning Tynker programming language (http://tynker.com), used by 60 million kids and in over 80,000 schools worldwide. The graphical language and user interface have been redesigned to make it easy for pre-readers, with word-free blocks, a tap-based interface with no dragging, friendly voiceovers, helpful hints, as well as a gentle progression of difficulty to motivate completion.
Tynker Junior includes 200+ coding challenges in 5 adventures:
• Get introduced to block coding
• Help Gillie the goldfish move through the maze to collect treasure
• Learn sequencing, pattern recognition and critical thinking
• Navigate robots through a maze to collect power cells
• Use “tilt” and “tap” events to program a game
• Learn flexible sequencing as you solve the same puzzle in different ways
• Help endangered animals reach their homes in four biomes
• Detect patterns and apply coding techniques to navigate a path
• Use numerical loops and block parameters to travel through complex trails
• Help these adorable dust bunnies collect socks!
• Learn about counting and conditional loops and when to apply them
• Recognize patterns and apply nesting of multiple loops
• Design your own super hero and join the Super Squad to fight crime!
• Learn to use conditional logic to handle different scenarios
• Code multiple actors so they work together to complete a level
• Use conditional loops and logic to craft your own algorithms
More adventures coming soon! When ready, users can download the Tynker app that includes 11 additional adventures, as well as a full-featured Workshop to build games, control toys, and build Minecraft Add Ons.
WHAT KIDS LEARN:
• Understand cause and effect as they use code blocks
• Learn how to solve problems with code
• Gradually understand coding basics as they complete adventures
• Advance to learn about debugging, loops, and conditional logic
• Design algorithms using all the concepts to solve challenges
If you choose to purchase a Monthly or Yearly subscription to access all levels, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of purchasing or renewing a Monthly Plan is $0.99 USD per month. The cost of purchasing or renewing a Yearly Plan is $9.99 USD per year; pricing may vary from country to country. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
WHAT IS TYNKER?
- New course: Super Squad
Ratings and Reviews
Cute characters the kiddos love
Cute characters and lovely graphics disguise surprisingly complex coding concepts. Must admit I sat and played through all the levels before the kiddos even got their hands on it! Love that blocks are provided so no guessing or searching. Seems like the perfect level of difficulty for kindergarten ages.
I thought since I signed up for a monthly subscription I would continue to advance through the levels and games once I finished. Instead it told me I had to go to the website and PAY again for further games and lessons. That version won’t even work on my iPhone so what’s the point of keeping it. Glad I tested it first.
Limited access on the iPhone, poor support services
This app is a great introduction to coding and getting kids excited about coding!
My only frustration is that the Tynker app cannot be accessed through the iPhone, only the junior version.
Also, I purchased a lifetime subscription but I had trouble getting into parts of the app and the support has been slow and highly ineffective.
You need to work on your customer success approach.
- Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- 272.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Individual Monthly $0.99
- Individual Yearly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.