Tynker’s educational games teach kids coding the fun way! Kids learn to code as they fly drones, mod Minecraft, program with Barbie™, control robots, and explore STEM.
Tynker is the #1 Kids Coding platform! Over 60 million kids and thousands of schools use Tynker's award-winning curriculum to learn to code!
Strengthen your child’s educational foundation with step-by-step tutorials that teach kids coding in a way they enjoy. Your child will learn as they build games and apps, modify Minecraft, program drones, control micro:bit, and even explore STEM.
Whether your child loves Minecraft or drones, Tynker offers courses to teach them key programming skills.
Learn to code with Tynker!
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Academics' Choice Award
*** Tillywig Brain Child Award
*** Selected for Everyone Can Code program by Apple
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common Sense Media
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids, and Best New Apps
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
• Learn to code by playing puzzles and games
• Use block coding to create games, math art, apps, and more
• Use loops, conditional statements, functions, and subroutines to find treasure
• Learn sequencing and pattern recognition while collecting candy
• Switch between block coding and Swift
• Learn to program AR, games, and apps
• Over 200 starter tutorials included
PHYSICAL COMPUTING - NEW!
• Program micro:bit using Tynker Blocks
• New micro:bit course teaches you all the new blocks
• Design Minecraft skins, items, mobs, and blocks – and then launch them!
• Use coding to change mob behaviors and build instant structures
Battle your friends with code. Write code to cast fireballs, avoid incoming spells, and collect power-ups. Program your bot to win in this new arena game!
• Learn to code drones, minidrones, LEGO® WeDo, and more
• Program drone flight paths and stunts
LEARNING WITH BARBIE™
• Explore 6 careers with Barbie™ “You Can Be Anything”
• Use programming to animate characters, create music, and more
COMMUNITY CODING EDUCATION
• Learn coding with our library of courses and activities
• Search millions of community-generated coding projects
• Tynker works in conjunction with Apple’s Schoolwork app
CODE AT SCHOOL
• Teach with the app that’s used in 90,000+ schools
• Lesson plans, classroom management, automatic assessment, and more
• Add coding to any subject with STEM coding courses
• Great for the Hour of Code!
Tynker’s coding games teach kids important lessons and skills. Program drones, Minecraft mods, games, and more with Tynker – download now!
Subscribe to Tynker to access premium content. Choose between the following auto-renewing subscription options:
-Tablet Plan - 11.99 per month or 95.99 per year
-Tablet+Web plan – 14.99 per month or 119.99 per year
Prices in USD and may vary by location.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account and will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
To cancel a subscription, disable auto-renewal in your iTunes settings and allow the current period to end. Refunds are not available for unused portions of a subscription per iTunes policy.
What is Tynker?
Computer programming is a 21st century skill that kids can start learning at any age. While coding with Tynker, kids apply critical thinking, pattern recognition, focus, problem solving, debugging, resilience, sequencing, spatial visualization, and algorithmic thinking. The Tynker visual language makes it easy for them to learn and apply concepts like conditional logic, repetition, variables, and functions – the same coding concepts as any mainstream programming language.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great for kids and very educational for coding. There is difficulty, but every time I mess up the app helps me. I have 3 favorites: the Barbie coding, the dragon coding, and the astronaut coding. I am 10 years old, and am going into 5th grade. I know this will give me some idea of how my year will go, since I can now figure out my problems. This was, and still is very educational, and I would recommend this too any young mind wanting to learn and study coding.
For the company who made and coded this app, I would like for you to know, that I am very grateful that you put this app into the world.
Thanks! And stay healthy.
Read this before you download!
I'm a really great coder and stuff. But, there are a few things I hate about it! One: my projects are now taking for ever to be reviewed! What is up with that! It's been taking MONTHS for my good quality projects to come in! Two: I posted a game on my laptop which would've gotten featured. But no. Instead it got rejected! There are vampires, and the mention of blood. But no violence or anything bad! And further more, I saw it got rejected on the TYNKER APP! I was using my laptop. Plus, there were no rules against my game. This proves my point that Tynker is treating their viewers like babies! On Scratch, everyone would’ve loved it! Three: make the site a bit more for older kids! I mean, why do you even have a monster for a mascot! Adding to this review, a lot of the games here (excuse my French) ARE GARBAGE! I also use scratch, so I know the huge difference between Tynker and Scratch. On scratch, most of the community projects are more advanced and fun to play! Most of the games I see on Tynker are…Not that good. So in conclusion, this is NOT worth your money! You can easily get on a better coding platform for free! But you choose to go here. Dat is all. 💄❤️ ouuuuutttt.
Well, I make lots of projects, but I switched to Scratch because the community makes lots of bad, bad projects. I searched up 2048 and the Tynker community makes very bad looking tiles that just moves to where your finger is. When I look up 2048 on Scratch, they actually put effort and the game is similar to the real 2048 game. The tiles move like they are supposed to, the tiles add up, etc. Another problem is that you won’t let us make the rest of the Minecraft mobs. Another problem is that in Minecraft, you won’t let us type our own commands into the system. You can’t place command blocks with the editor. Also, you have to manually create a variable to place a command block. Another problem is that anybody can report anything. If I report a featured project, IT’S GONE. You don’t even care to check. Also, I’ve made a good project that converts numbers like 420 and 69 to Roman numerals. SOMEBODY REPORTED IT FOR NO REASON. I have reported many projects because it made me a bit frustrated that people who are in 5th grade makes this stuff.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- 201.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Mobile Plan $11.99
- Yearly Mobile Plan $95.99
- Dragon Journey $1.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle $5.99
- Lost in Space $1.99
- Sketch Racer $1.99
- Tynker Web + Tablet Plan $14.99
- Tynker Puzzles Bundle $2.99
- Yearly All-Access Plan $179.99
- Tynker Premium $95.99