Stream videos from your computer to your iDevice.
Quick, Easy, Excellent!
Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer to your iDevice. Winner *Best Entertainment App* Chip.de.
You can watch anything from your movie collection. No need for complex conversion processes. No need to manually transfer programs to your device.
“Can these guys do no wrong? Seriously, if only other app devs knew how to make apps as well as these guys, the world would be a better place. Or at least my device would be less buggy. I was just watching a Full HD copy of Avatar Extended Edition being streamed from my PC on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation and it looked and played amazingly.”
- UK Reviewer
“…it's as good as having the original VLC player on your iOS device…”
“…Setup is a snap and literally takes 2 seconds. You can browse through all your movies from your device and click any one to start playing. It even works if you have the movies stored on a USB drive connected to the host computer.”
-The Times of India
“Took me seconds to setup to stream from a secondary drive in my home office. Going straight out to get a cable for my TV.”
- USA Reviewer
“….This sucker can stream off the pc and plays virtually anything you throw at it. Download it now!”
- TaxiDriver at Blippy.com
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
• Features include •
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Stream over wifi directly from your computer
- Customisable gesture controls
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
• System Requirements •
- VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM.
- VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
- Supports Windows, Vista, Windows 7 and Window 8
- Supports Mac OS 10.7 and above.
• Response to feedback •
-If you do have any problems streaming movies, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.
• Subscription Information •
VLC Streamer is supported through an auto-renewing subscription which you can choose to purchase within the app.
• The subscription is called 'VLC Streamer Annual Subscription '
• It is an annual subscription. It gets rid of the adverts and unlocks all functions, including downloading movies to your device
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
Fixed some bugs
Updated Google Drive integration
Updated for latest devices
Removed unnecessary padding in tables
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for this app!
While the automatic connection doesn’t always work, this is such a useful app for me! I’m certainly glad you made it and I hope it continues to survive. Particularly, it’s great to be able to watch my DVD’s on my iPad. I also appreciate that there was careful effort put into writing the various instructions on the site.
Great when it works
There was an update last week, since the update which was the only change app no longer works. On remote computers all firewalls are off and even when they are not all tests pass however cannot connect to remote computers
Great app but not working since update
One of my favorite apps on my iPad. Allows me to access my entire library. Since I assume the last update however, my iPad can't find my computer. Not sure what is up.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hobbyist Software Limited
- 67.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Hobbyist Software Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- VLC Streamer Annual $2.99
- VLC Streamer Annual $5.99
- VLC Streamer Monthly $1.99
- VLC Streamer Monthly $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.