Pharmacy & Health
- Refill prescriptions in seconds by scanning your barcode
- Manage your medications day-to-day with Pill Reminder*
- Set friendly Rx Alerts for refills and pickups
- Skip the waiting room with a video chat via Live Doctor Consultation**
- Easily refill and check prescription status for you and your family
- Duane Reade customers can use all these same great features as well!
- Print photos right from your device, Facebook, Instagram and more
- Create personalized folded photo cards
- Customize décor items including canvas prints and magnets
- Enjoy Same Day Pickup on tons of great photo products
Savings & Rewards
- Browse the Weekly Ad anytime, anywhere
- Clip coupons and save instantly at checkout with Balance® Rewards
- Track your Balance® Rewards points*** and save at the register
- Earn Balance Rewards for healthy choices® and automatically sync your steps with HealthKit
- Shop products at home or on the go
- Find your nearest Walgreens or Duane Reade with Store Locator
- Use in store to save while you shop Walgreens or Duane Reade
Wondering why we ask for certain permissions? Mystery solved!
- Location: Find nearby stores and enable In-Store Savings
- Photos: Access photos stored on your device that you want to print or share
- Camera: Take photos and to use features that require scanning
- Microphone: Speak to a doctor in Live Doctor Consultation, or search for products and coupons using your voice
The Walgreens App is free to download, but specified rates from your wireless provider and other fees as noted in your Walgreens account agreement(s) still apply.
* Pill Reminder only available on phone
**Available in select states
*** Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. Points will not be awarded to anyone who currently is or was at any time in the 6 months prior to purchasing Pharmacy Items covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or any other government-funded healthcare program. Pharmacy Items must be purchased at participating Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, Duane Reade, or Walgreens Pharmacy locations ("Participating Stores") to earn points. Excludes Pharmacy Items purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies and prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. See Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details.
- App improvements – Please be patient as we make some behind-the-scenes system updates that may temporarily affect your ability to log in
Plus, bug fixes and performance enhancements
Questions? Comments? We want to hear them! http://bit.ly/1QhIUbv
Ratings and Reviews
Log in again for Rewards?
Starting a week ago I get occasional notification to Log into my Walgreens app to continue to receive reward points. I open the app and I’m already logged in. A couple times I logged out and back in to see if that satisfied it only to get the same notification again a couple hours later. I assumed it was due to not performing the latest iOS update. I updated and installed the most current iOS and the Walgreens app. Still getting repeated notification I need to log into my Walgreens app again.
I was getting points for exercise with data from iHealth. Not sure if I am anymore. I’m insulin dependent diabetic checking blood sugar at least five times a day. I’ve tried several diabetic apps that communicate with iHealth but testing never earns rewards like Walgreens stated it would. I purchased a Walgreens Bluetooth blood glucose meter that stated it communicates directly to the Walgreens app and iHealth. That meter sits in the package never used because it refuses to pair with my old iPhone or my new iPhone 10r.
I was told my Strava cycling app data isn’t reflected in the Walgreens app because Strava doesn’t communicate with iHealth. But it does. Strava data shows in MySugr diabetes log book app automatically. They all have permission to exchange data in their settings.
I use Walgreens pharmacy to fill EVERY script we use! I must say that adds up to over 10 prescriptions per month ,if not 15. My family has used every other pharmacy in Lockhart and until we started using Walgreens, picking up a script was a DREADED errand! Long wait times....even longer pick up lines. It seemed no matter how many times I updated our information something was wrong. It has been nice NOT having these issues with Walgreens. Our prescriptions are always ready in a reasonable amount of time. We are individually notified when to pick up or if there is an issue that may need to be addressed. We have gotten to know the entire staff and are greeted personally upon arrival. The pharmacists are very thorough in making sure there are no possible drug interactions. My husband has several serious medical issues and medication changes occur often! We all feel at ease with Dan & Brenda in charge! The entire staff is knowledgeable and I just can not say enough good things about each one. We were even taken care of while OUT OF STATE.
So kudos to you all at the pharmacy in lockhart. The Kelly Family thanks you
Developer Response ,
We are so glad the app makes life easier for you and your family!
Convenient or a dangerous health hazard...
The app is easy to use, when it works. However, it becomes confusing when the email refill reminders arrive without RX information and I try to refill using the app: sometimes it creates multiple refills (be careful that you pick up the first refill at the store otherwise you may be charged hundreds of dollars) or simply does not refill. Additionally, the pharmacists often do not call the doctor when a new Perscriptions is needed if I send the notice through the app — unfortunately, this flaw has come close to putting my family members in the hospital when I have expected to pick up a prescription only to find out that no one had called my kids’ doctors. Of course, if there was some way the app could notify me that contact with the doctor is needed, I would be delighted to call the doctor hourly to keep my kids out of the hospital. The worst part is that Scripts sometimes completely disappear from the app. For example, a cream that keeps me from needing a catheter and surgery actually disappears from the list of Perscriptions every time the pharmacist needs to call my doctor to refill it. When I go to pick up the prescription after ordering it through the app, it is missing from my list as if it never existed. Finally, there are times that I simply cannot see my Perscriptions because they load indefinitely. When it works, it is convenient, but when it doesn’t it is a dangerous health hazard.
Developer Response ,
We'd like to understand more about the issue. If you can, contact us at 1–800–925–4733 and let the agent know what device you're using. We're more than happy to help.
- Walgreen Co.
- 295.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Walgreen Co. All rights reserved
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.