Pharmacy & Health
- Refill prescriptions in seconds by scanning your barcode
- Manage your medications day-to-day with Pill Reminder*
- Set friendly Rx Alerts for refills and pickups
- Skip the waiting room with a video chat via Live Doctor Consultation**
- Easily refill and check prescription status for you and your family
- Duane Reade customers can use all these same great features as well!
- Print photos right from your device, Facebook, Instagram and more
- Create personalized folded photo cards
- Customize décor items including canvas prints and magnets
- Enjoy Same Day Pickup on tons of great photo products
Savings & Rewards
- Browse the Weekly Ad anytime, anywhere
- Clip coupons and save instantly at checkout with Balance® Rewards
- Track your Balance® Rewards points*** and save at the register
- Earn Balance Rewards for healthy choices® and automatically sync your steps with HealthKit
- Shop products at home or on the go
- Find your nearest Walgreens or Duane Reade with Store Locator
- Use in store to save while you shop Walgreens or Duane Reade
Wondering why we ask for certain permissions? Mystery solved!
- Location: Find nearby stores and enable In-Store Savings
- Photos: Access photos stored on your device that you want to print or share
- Camera: Take photos and to use features that require scanning
- Microphone: Speak to a doctor in Live Doctor Consultation, or search for products and coupons using your voice
The Walgreens App is free to download, but specified rates from your wireless provider and other fees as noted in your Walgreens account agreement(s) still apply.
* Pill Reminder only available on phone
**Available in select states
*** Due to state and federal laws, points cannot be earned on some items. Points will not be awarded to anyone who currently is or was at any time in the 6 months prior to purchasing Pharmacy Items covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or any other government-funded healthcare program. Pharmacy Items must be purchased at participating Walgreens Drugstore, Rxpress, Duane Reade, or Walgreens Pharmacy locations ("Participating Stores") to earn points. Excludes Pharmacy Items purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies and prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR or PR. See Balance Rewards terms and conditions for full details.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Questions? Comments? We want to hear them! http://bit.ly/1QhIUbv
Ratings and Reviews
A great app, but having trouble with scanning barcodes
I’ve noticed this for maybe over a year, but I still like the app, and I am just now getting around to writing a review that mentions it. When you try to scan barcodes, even in a well lit room, and holding the bottle so that the barcode fills most of the rectangular onscreen-guide in the camera preview, and it’s in focus, it’s still often won’t scan bottles from my local Walgreens. It varies by bottle, but I’d say at least 50% of the bottles have some type of problem. The workaround that I found is to slowly with the bottle around in the cameras field of you up and down, side to side, and back-and-forth, and eventually it will scan it. It almost seems to do better with the label at a further distance, though not consistently, and I wonder if that has to do with the new were high-resolution cameras on recent phones. I’ve noticed this problem on the original iPhone X, and now also on the iPhone XS Max, I don’t remember if earlier iPhones had the same problem with this Walgreens app.
But overall I still give this app five stars, our use it frequently and I really appreciate the convenience.
You have other options in the app for importing your prescriptions, including browsing your prescription history.
I use Walgreens pharmacy to fill EVERY script we use! I must say that adds up to over 10 prescriptions per month ,if not 15. My family has used every other pharmacy in Lockhart and until we started using Walgreens, picking up a script was a DREADED errand! Long wait times....even longer pick up lines. It seemed no matter how many times I updated our information something was wrong. It has been nice NOT having these issues with Walgreens. Our prescriptions are always ready in a reasonable amount of time. We are individually notified when to pick up or if there is an issue that may need to be addressed. We have gotten to know the entire staff and are greeted personally upon arrival. The pharmacists are very thorough in making sure there are no possible drug interactions. My husband has several serious medical issues and medication changes occur often! We all feel at ease with Dan & Brenda in charge! The entire staff is knowledgeable and I just can not say enough good things about each one. We were even taken care of while OUT OF STATE.
So kudos to you all at the pharmacy in lockhart. The Kelly Family thanks you
Developer Response ,
We are so glad the app makes life easier for you and your family!
Works but you need to learn the quirks
This app is handy for renewing prescriptions which is what I use it for. To get the most out of it you need to learn the quirks. (1) Enter prescription renewals as if each one was the only one. If you enter multiple renewals on one order you will only get the first one. All others will be lost! They keep telling me this has been fixed but it hasn’t. (2) It likes to text you when you’re due for a renewal but it won’t tell you which medicine needs to be renewed - you’ll have to figure that out (the pharmacists won’t know either). And, fairly frequently, it will text me that a prescription is due for renewal and when I figure out which one and renew it, quite often the renewal is too soon for the insurance. Better to renew on your own timetable. (3) The app will want to text you when your prescription is ready but it’s better to check by logging in and looking at the prescription status. Sometimes you think it will be ready and it’s not for a reason you’re not expecting and only by logging in will you find this out. Or the prescription has only been partially filled - but the app won’t text you that it’s been partially filled - you have to log in for that information. Other than that it works well enough.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this feedback. We'll make sure the development team is aware.
- Walgreen Co.
- 284.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Walgreen Co. All rights reserved
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.