Check out weather conditions in your neighborhood, LIVE. You've been able to enjoy up-to-the-minute weather coverage for Dayton, Springfield, and all of Ohio from your computer and TV for years. Now see it all LIVE on your iPad and iPhone!
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
This release version contains some bug fixes and general improvements to enhance your viewing experience. As always we welcome your feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Latest update epic fail
I used to LOVE the WHIO weather app! Used to being the really important part of that sentence. Now I really don’t like it at all. I am considering going back to the Weather Channel app and I didn’t like it either.
It is very hard to find alerts. I don’t want to watch a video about them. I just want to be able to quickly glance at the app to know what’s going on.
I also don’t like the announcer that tells me heavy rain is detected in my area. I can see and hear that, and I usually see and hear it before the announcement comes.
Where the heck did you guys put the current temperature?!?!? That used to be front and center. That’s what most people want to know. I don’t want to watch all the videos. I want to look at the app and see for myself. I never watched the forecast on the previous version, I’m not starting now.
No one in the area that has this app that I have talked to likes it either. Please change it back!!!!!!
GO BACK TO THE OLD VERSION!!!
When are you going to pay attention to all of the negative reviews and change the app back to the older version everyone loved? Can’t you see these negative ratings? None of the little fixes solve the problems. This app is too busy and too convoluted with junk we don’t need! Users are busy and want to see the 7-day forecast and radar! Could it be you can’t change it until the ad programs you sold expire? And what good are ads that get less eyeballs? Why else wouldn’t you change it back NOW? Luckily I told my husband not to update the app on his phone or the iPad. He picked up my phone the day after the tornadoes and said he couldn’t make heads or tails out of it! I never use it on my phone now. Change this app back to the clear, concise, colorful, uncluttered version it once way and quite monkeying around with something that people hate and doesn’t work!!!!!!!!
Among many problems with this new app version, one that sticks out to me is having to watch video to get a “watch” or “warning.” I have a child that is extremely disturbed by storms and it is not convenient to watch a video to find out if we are in a watch or warning.
It also highly disturbs me that after a major weather catastrophe like we just had, I would have to try to dodge ads to even see the current conditions for my area. (After all, even that is very difficult to locate on this new app design.)
I will give the design one more chance, but I will also be comparing other designs to this because a change maybe necessary. You can’t wait for change to happen that never does when it can mean life or death.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are always looking to improve the experience for our users, and really appreciate the feedback. If there is anything specific we can look into, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 130.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.