Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Relax. Sleep better. Feel better.
APP FEATURES (PRO VERSION)
• PRO: All New 50 HD perfectly looped stereo sounds! Preview Pro HD Audio at https://whitenoisemarket.com/tag/pro
• PRO: Generate perfectly looped binaural beats, custom color noises, and tones.
• PRO: Beautiful cover flow interface when running on iPad.
• PRO: Apple TV and Apple Watch App
• PRO: Over 20 Alarm Sounds that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed.
• PRO: No Advertisements. Disable Market & Rating Prompts in Settings.
• Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening.
• Revolutionary Mix Pad editor for creating new soundscapes like a DJ with support for adjusting sound position, sound variance, volume, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix.
• Record and professionally loop your own sounds.
• Upload and Share your recordings and mixes with the White Noise Market companion app. Download new sounds for FREE!
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand.
• Supports retina display and all device orientations (portrait and landscape).
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• Use iTunes Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• Heart favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorite view
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Control White Noise from Lock Screen or using headphones with remote control buttons
• Create timed playlists of sounds and mixes
• Advanced Settings let you adjust sound volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Babbling Brook, Bathroom Fan, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Box Fan, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dishwasher Rinsing, Evening Lake, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Gentle Waterfall, Grandfather Clock, Gray Noise, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain Pouring, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain on Lake, Rain on Metal Roof, Rain on Tent, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Singing Birds, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Today Show, Dr. Oz Show, Friends First, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers.
White Noise was first created for the original iPhone in 2008 by TMSOFT and has been continuously updated with new features.
White Noise Market: https://whitenoisemarket.com
Thanks for using White Noise Pro by TMSOFT!
New home screen widget that features play time tracking and shortcuts to popular features of White Noise! Also includes additional iOS 14 support and fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really cannot recommend this app enough. There is a surprisingly active and very friendly online community of ambient noise enthusiasts, and this app is a great way to begin introducing yourself to the science behind white noise and it’s impact on our brains. On nights when I have trouble sleeping, I will mess around with the mixing pad and try to create new moods and settings until I create something that zonks me out. Additionally, the ability to play audio from the app concurrently with other audio sources (even down it giving the app an independent volume slider) means I can combine ambient sounds with all of the different audiobooks I listen to. For example, I recently paired an audiobook about the Korean War with a mix of mountain, snow, and wind sounds. I could go on about the different smaller features I like but I hope you’ll see for yourself!
Makes a beautiful noise
The best sound generating app, compatible with voiceover, very easy to use, I only have trouble recording sounds I haven’t figured that one out yet. I love the app. I have lots and lots of mixes and sounds that I’ve downloaded from Market. I love it. I wish though that we could be able to create instead of 100 mixes 200 mixes without having to delete a favorite mix. And I wish instead of five mixes that we could or instead of 5 pounds we could mix I wish we could mix six. Or even eight. That would be awesome. It’s a great app I love it. Thank you. Keep it coming. And that should’ve been sounds instead of pounds. I wish we could create mixes of up to six or even eight sounds. The app is awesome.
No Advantage vs Free White Noise App
White Noise Pro
If there is a difference between the Lite and Pro apps. I can’t find it. Save your money until there are additional features.
My doctor has prescribed a med with interrupted sleep as a side effect. I downloaded White Noise to help “lullaby” me back to sleep in the middle of the night. It plays through my Bluetooth enabled hearing aids. It helps some, certainly better than silence.
White noise offers a considerable selection of satisfactory sounds and the option of creating a playlist to vary them. I found it worth encouraging the developer with a paid upgrade of less than a dollar. It’s worth that.
The app does have it’s issues:
The option menus are not very intuitive, and they are confusing
There are a few “tips” but no manual or help function
The upgrade wipes all the playlist, mix creations, and manually recorded sounds. It leaves the old Lite app in place with a different colored icon. It’s just odd and awkward. I don’t resent spending the dollar, but I can’t see that it buys anything really
The volume of the sounds vary a lot perceptually from one another. It’s just about impossible to create a playlist that does not have jarring volume changes. The app really needs the ability to adjust the volume of playlist entries individually.
There is a shuffle function that reorders the playlist but no capacity for creating a specific desired order by moving items up or down manually.
- 81 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2008-2020 TMSOFT LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.