Use Whitelines App when you want to:
・Capture your notes.
・Save your notes.
・Share your notes on Social Media, email, etc.
・Continue to work and edit your notes digitally.
The Whitelines App will capture your notes automatically when it detects all four corner codes on your Whitelines Paper and adjust the image to make it useful to you.
When using Whitelines Paper the app removes the background, so all that remains is your writing or drawing over a white background.
Whitelines App is perfect when you want to:
・ Review your notes on the go before an exam.
・ Share notes from a class with a friend.
・ Include a handmade drawing in a presentation.
・ Post an illustration or note to Instagram.
CAPTURE YOUR NOTES WITH WHITELINES APP
1. Tap the camera icon to enter capture mode. Whitelines App will capture your note automatically when it detects the full page (including all four corner codes), with the logo at the bottom of the page. Or, if you use other than Whitelines Paper tap the button to scan the note manually. Before scanning, choose between “Auto” or “Manual” to tell Whitelines App to remove the background automatically or to edit the image yourself.
2. If you have several pages of notes that you’d like to save as a stack, simply stay in the capture mode and continue to capture pages one at a time. Of course, you can also save your notes to existing stacks in the app.
3. Save, Use, Edit and Share the Notes
Choose if you’d like to save your note locally on your phone, or if you’d like to share it–with yourself or with somebody else. You can share your note with any app that processes image files, such as WhatsApp, Instagram, OneDrive, OneNote, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, Line, Facebook installed on your phone. Tick the boxes on the Whitelines Paper to email the note or save it to Dropbox or Evernote.
If you need help with anything or have any questions about the app, feel free to read our FAQ. Is something not working as expected? Get in touch with us! We’d love to know where we have room for improvement. Your feedback is important, as it helps guide our future efforts.
Please give us your thoughts on Whitelines App, and let us know what we could do to make it better. It helps us develop the features you want. We’re already thinking about what our next step should be in order to best support your ideas and help you set them free. This update of the app is a step in our efforts to create a digital/analog interface for note-taking that will help you grow, learn the things you want to know, pass exams, and collaborate creatively.
Contact us at email@example.com
WHITELINES LOVES TO SEE YOU GROW!
We’re so happy that you’re here with us, with all your knowledge, all the thoughts that pass through your mind, and all the things you want to learn and do. If you like, we’d love to join you on your journey, and help you in every way we can.
We want our white lines to support you in your quest for new knowledge, as you challenge past truths and look for creative solutions to problems. We want that because we believe in the innate genius of every human being, and in the power of collaboration. When human beings help and challenge each other, it makes the world a better place!
The note on page one among the images above was made by Juliette Croce (Instagram: @julestudy) from the USA.
The note on page two among the images above was made by Karin Verdoes (Instagram: @evabrittakarin) from Sweden.
・In our latest update of the Whitelines App, we've made the app more responsive and you can instantly scan ALL TYPES of paper and surfaces. Using Whitelines Paper will still make the process easier but now you can swiftly use the app for all scans you want to do!
・Use the new ROLLER TOOL to erase parts or unwanted elements in the note. Zoom in the note to get more details, when using the roller tool.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the notebooks and this apps ability to digitize notes. Three points to improve:
1) Direct/Auto sync to OneNote is a critical addition required. Each page should be exported as a new page in a OneNote Notebook.
2) Stacking feature should export as multi-page pdf. (Currently exports as multiple single page pdf documents)
3) Notebook purchasing options are limited in US, hoping that improves.
New update ruins scanning capabilities
Firstly, I love Whitelines notebooks. They’re absolutely great for taking notes: good quality, nice paper. My issue is simply with the new update to the app.
I was using my notebooks for my hw: scanning it, then uploading directly to google classroom which made things incredibly easy.
However the new update is has screwed up the scanning capabilities of this app. It takes an incredibly long time to recognize my nb page (when before it took mere seconds), and even when it does so, it doesn’t recognize the edges of the paper correctly, and scans it as a photo instead of the cleaned up, white background pages it had before. I can get it to scan like the old way, only after several attempts, and a very long time holding my phone absolutely still, parallel to the page, even though before this update it had no trouble identifying the pager margins correctly and scanning my notes beautifully. The old scanning features were fine!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback!
First of all please update the App. Bug fixes are made between each release.
Try to switch on and off the automatic adjustments (toggle at the top of the screen when in camera mode) and try again.
You can choose if you want to have the image of the note cleaned up from background or not. When at the note, tap the three dots down at the right corner and choose "Adjustments" and drag the slider to remove the background.
If you still experience problem send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards, Anna
Absolutely unintuitive for organization
First, I have to caveat that this review is about the app only. The Whitelines paper is an absolute joy, hands down my favorite paper to use. But about the app...
1. I use the Engineering Pad paper. Anything I write outside of the grid is not captured by the app when you scan it. It's just truncated. This is silly; the app sees the registration marks, so it should be able to capture the page boundaries, not just the limitations of the margins.
2. Whatever GUI kit the app uses, it's horrible. It looks and feels absolutely nothing like an iOS app, at all. Illogical icons, icon placement, lack of options, ... it makes no sense.
3. The paper has preprinted boxes for email, Dropbox, and Evernote. But I can't find any way to configure them to do anything. At all.
4. If you click on "organize...", and don't know what you're doing, you can easily split apart multi page PDF scans, and lose the renamed filename (which is one of the few organization pieces of information you were able to provide).
Great paper. Useless app. The company ought to work with or partner with Rocketbook. I know it's a different philosophy, but at least Rocketbook's app is functional, and able to configure destinations and organize scans semi-intelligently.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thank you for your feedback! You seems to have valuable opinion on Whitelines App. We have a small and precious User Tester group that we ask for everything that I would like to invite you to. If you would like that send an email to email@example.com and refer to this conversation. Best regards, Anna
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Whitelines AB
- 64.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Whitelines AB