Part of the Math Practice Tools CFS Bundle
Practice math word problems with addition and subtraction. Select problem types to focus on Result Unknown, Change Unknown, and Start Unknown. All answers are 20 or less on the iPad and 10 or less on the iPod. Select the range of sums/minuends for the problem sets.
On the iPad version:
• Set the range of sums/minuends from 1-5, 1-10, 1-20, 10-15, 15-20, 10-20.
• Select to use only addends and subtrahend/difference to 10 or include up to 20.
• Select whether or not to include zero as addend and subtrahend/difference.
On the iPod version:
• Set the range of sums/minuends from 1-5 and 1-10
Use manipulatives (and a "white board" on the iPad version) to help solve each problem. Includes an option to have the problem read aloud. Designed as part of the NumberSense program at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL.
• Updated to support iOS12 - thank you for your patience.
• Added tools to the marker board.
• Removed the computer voice reading the problems.
• As time allows, I'd enjoy hearing how you're using this app in the classroom and at home.
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible. Problem comes up and screen goes black. Waste of .99
This is a wonderful app for developing thinking skills and problem solving. It is unique in that you can choose the type of problem with unknown numbers in all positions. It is easy enough that students can learn HOW to solve word problems. There are two types of counters available to model the program. My one wish would be to be able to write also. It would be wonderful to be able to annotate, draw and write while solving the problems.
Fix the voice!!
I bought this app for my classroom, but my first graders need help reading the problems. I was happy to read that there was a read aloud option, but the voice is so automated that I don't think they would be able to understand what is being said! Very disappointed!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.