Join World Walking and explore our amazing world as you walk to work, walk with friends or walk to health.
World Walking offers a simple, free and fun way to help you keep active. It’s also your virtual ticket to some of the greatest places on Earth.
World Walking has been designed simply to motivate by putting the fun back in fitness to help you reap the benefits of a healthier, active lifestyle.
There many upshots to getting up and about, like reducing your risk of heart disease and helping you keep to a healthy weight and shape, but exercising a positive attitude and a little spirit of adventure can do wonders too.
If you have the will, World Walking has the perfect virtual walk for you; from taking in the sights of top cities to trekking across a continent. Visit the places you’ve always wanted to see. Packed with facts and photos, the World Walking app allows you look and learn as you explore.
Getting started is as simple as a walk in the park. Just choose your virtual walk, start walking and accumulate your steps to accomplish greater distances than you'd ever imagine.
Be inspired, stay motivated and keep fit.
Take your first step and join World Walking today. It's free and it's easy.
● Everyone’s welcome: Go it alone or create your own group - easily! World Walking is great for your family & friends, workplace, school, community & health group.
● Easy to use: Create your own unique login, or simply use your existing Facebook account.
● Track your progress: Anytime you wish. See what milestones you’ve reached and how many steps you’ve taken. The built in tracker allows you to keep track of how far you’ve walked each day.
● See the world: There are hundreds of the world’s most amazing places to visit with World Walking.
● Gain awards: There are 20 Awards to unlock! The more you walk, the more you receive.
● Share with friends: Push notifications keep you up-to-date on your group’s progress. Chat and share pictures with members of your groups.
● HealthKit integration: you can link World Walking to the Health app to automatically import your steps to your bank. Then there's no need to manually enter steps or use the GPS tracker.
World Walking was conceived by the Inverclyde Globetrotters and developed for them by Papertank Ltd. and Turing Ltd.
World walking is endorsed and supported by Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland, Awards for All Scotland and Paths for All.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
+ Updates to HealthKit syncing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It used to be a 5 star but
I'm "stuck" on a certain point on the map of the Route 66 walk. I emailed support about this two weeks ago and got a response about Google Street View, which really has nothing to do with my problem. I've emailed them again and am waiting to see what the answer is this time. When I hear back, I'll change my review to either 5 stars, or 1. It's now in the app creators hands.
Love the idea
I like how you can view trails or other cities. I just wish you could get notifications that you reach the next landmark or know how many steps to add to get to the next landmark.
The hassle of sliding until you get to the landmark is a hassle especially if the app crashes.
Fun game and Very responsive customer service
The game is a fun little way for an online group to discover the world together. In our group we hit a bit of a snag when an admin was having log in problems. Duncan from World Walking was very responsive and helped us fix our problem.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Papertank Limited
- 26.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 World Walking
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.