WriteOn Lite lets writers use their iPhone or iPad to write their novel, short story, or other writing project and track their progress at the same time. Notebook computer too heavy to lug around? Want to write a scene or chapter while you're out and about sans computer? Have unexpected down time while waiting on someone else? Going to a write-in after work or school and don't have the room to lug your notebook computer? Writing on the go has never been easier!
Whether you're writing flash fiction or a novel, on your own or as part of a challenge like NaNoWriMo or the 3-Day Novel Contest, WriteOn Lite can handle your writing needs. Have multiple writing projects going on at the same time? No problem! Have multiple writing projects each with many chapters? Still no problem!
But that's not all! WriteOn Lite lets you track your writing progress on each project. Name your project, set a target date and a target word count and the app will calculate how many days you have left until your target date and how many words you need to write each day to meet your goal. The statistics screen tells you at a glance how much you've written, how many days you've written, how many words you wrote each day on average, and the percentage complete for your project.
WriteOn Lite also lets you see all the word count for each individual chapter for your project on the Chapters screen. See at a glance which chapter may need beefing up, or which chapter can use a bit of trimming :)
Want to send a copy of your project to your friend or loved one? Go right ahead and send it via email! Tweet about your daily writing progress. Or post on Facebook with your daily word count. Keep your various social streams informed. Rub your progress in their faces even!
Now, you can try out the free WriteOn Lite, and then transfer your work from WriteOn Lite to the Pro version with a single tap. It's just easy to try out WriteOn to see if it is for you and to continue working with the additional functionality provided by the paid version of WriteOn.
WriteOn also has an option which allows you to switch between customizable day and night modes. You can set the text colour and the background colour you want for each mode and switch to the appropriate one - for instance, when you're working at night while a loved one sleeps next to you.
The free WriteOn Lite version does everything that the paid version does, except for backing up and restoring data. However, it only allows you to work on a single project. If you want to work on more than one project or be able to backup your data, you'll need to purchase the paid version of the app.
- Manage a single writing project.
- Be able to manage individual chapters for the writing projec and know the word count for each chapter.
- Switch between day and night modes to write under any light conditions at any time of day.
- Session totals, daily word count totals, and statistics are automatically calculated.
- History shows you how many words written for each writing session.
- Statistics will show you the total amount you've written so far, remaining words to write, how many days you've written, your average words written per day, how many days remaining until your target due date, how many words you need to write each day to reach your writing goal, and so on.
- Send a copy of your project to yourself or others via email in .txt format.
- Social sharing for sharing daily word counts via email, twitter, Facebook, and other social sharing sites.
- Built-in FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Built-in feedback for bugs and feature requests.
* Added ability to do basic text formatting - bold, italic, underline
* Added a feature where chapters you delete are not removed from the app but are instead sent to trash so that you can restore later
* Added an extracts feature where you can extract text from one chapter to be pasted into another
* Updated for the latest iOS version
* Various bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’m actually really impressed!
This looked like an unsupported, crappy app when I first looked at it, but, of course, another lesson of ‘don’t judge a book maybe it’s cover’. This app is PERFECT for writing school work, books, and/or articles. The one thing I would fix is the fact that I can’t use italics, bold, or underline like I am with other apps. Other than that, this is a REALLY good app and I would recommend this to anyone who writes anything!! :)
BEST APP SO FAR
I’m going bonanzas. This app is amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it. I could tell this was “The App” from the start. I totally recommend it if you’re a normal person who wants to write a long story.
Some authors can be picky about fonts, italics, underlined words, all of that. I’m not. Once again, this app is crucial for beginners like me.
So learn what type of author you are, jot down some notes, and download WriteOn Lite.
Don't Know How
It's a good app if you like the simple style. Although I do prefer rich features such as bolding, italicizing, underling, etc. I think this is fine the way it is (and because it's not meant to be like that). Somehow this app managed to get me out of a terrible yearly long writer's block. I've done everything I could think of to get rid of it and so far this app somehow helped. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.