WriteOn lets writers use their iPhone or iPad to write their novel, short story, or other writing project and track their progress at the same time. Notebook computer too heavy to lug around? Want to write a scene or chapter while you're out and about sans computer? Have unexpected down time while waiting on someone else? Going to a write-in after work or school and don't have the room to lug your notebook computer? Writing on the go has never been easier!
Whether you're writing flash fiction or a novel, on your own or as part of a challenge like NaNoWriMo or the 3-Day Novel Contest, WriteOn can handle your writing needs. Have multiple writing projects going on at the same time? No problem! Have multiple writing projects each with many chapters? Still no problem!
But that's not all! WriteOn lets you track your writing progress on each project. Name your project, set a target date and a target word count and the app will calculate how many days you have left until your target date and how many words you need to write each day to meet your goal. The statistics screen tells you at a glance how much you've written, how many days you've written, how many words you wrote each day on average, and the percentage complete for your project.
WriteOn also lets you see all the word count for each individual chapter for your project on the Chapters screen. See at a glance which chapter may need beefing up, or which chapter can use a bit of trimming :)
Want to send a copy of your project to your friend or loved one? Go right ahead and send it via email! Tweet about your daily writing progress. Or post on Facebook with your daily word count. Keep your various social streams informed. Rub your progress in their faces even!
Now, you can also try out the free version of WriteOn, WriteOn Lite, and then transfer your work from WriteOn Lite to the Pro version with a single tap. It's just easy to try out WriteOn to see if it is for you and to continue working with the additional functionality provided by the paid version of WriteOn.
WriteOn also has an option which allows you to switch between customizable day and night modes. You can set the text colour and the background colour you want for each mode and switch to the appropriate one - for instance, when you're working at night while a loved one sleeps next to you.
Additionally, WriteOn Pro allows you to backup all your projects via e-mail, to DropBox or any other iOS app which supports receiving data from another app. You can later restore these backups by simply tapping on the attachment on e-mail or selecting the backup file in another app and selecting the option to open the file in WriteOn. Your writing projects are always safe with WriteOn!
- Manage all your writing projects in one place.
- Backup all projects via e-mail or a service like DropBox and later restore them again.
- Be able to manage individual chapters for each writing project and know the word count for each project.
- Write on iPad or iPhone and be even able to share data between multiple devices by transferring backups from device to device.
- Switch between day and night modes to write under any light conditions at any time of day.
- Session totals, daily word count totals, and statistics are automatically calculated.
- History shows you how many words written for each writing session.
- Statistics will show you the total amount you've written so far, remaining words to write, how many days you've written, your average words written per day, how many days remaining until your target due date, how many words you need to write each day to reach your writing goal, and so on.
- Send a copy of your project to yourself or others via email in .txt format.
- Social sharing for sharing daily word counts via email, twitter, Facebook, and other social sharing sites.
- Built-in FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Built-in feedback for bugs and feature requests.
* Fixed issues with the chapter list display on iPad
* Fixed issue with backup restoration not working correctly
Ratings and Reviews
Love all the features and the app is unique but its way over priced.
Nice BUT needs a few things.
I enjoyed the lite version so much I got the upgraded version of WriteOn.
My only wishes are for:
• 'Night Mode' (black background/white letters) bc I enjoy writing to relax at night. Only even on the lowest light setting w/night shift engaged - it's too bright.
•the ability to bold, italicize, & underline.
•the 'are you sure you want to leave without saving' (or however it's worded) is not good! Make it clear in BIG letters...
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE?
YES ( big space ) NO
**An important note is to always make sure that when you write (especially if you've spent hours on something) make sure to EMAIL yourself a copy. JUST IN CASE... something like an iOS update happens and there's an issue and GADS! you have to restore your phone!**
Fun creative app
Makes the slog of writing fun. Like first pic shows, app color codes your progress. Yellow seems to be one third, green over half way there, or so. Great app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pink Zombie Studios Inc.
- 8.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 RookSoft Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.