YouTube: Watch, Listen, Stream 12+
Videos, Music and Live Streams
- Offers In-App Purchases
Get the official YouTube app on iPhones and iPads. See what the world is watching -- from the hottest music videos to what’s popular in gaming, fashion, beauty, news, learning and more. Subscribe to channels you love, create content of your own, share with friends, and watch on any device.
Watch and subscribe
● Browse personal recommendations on Home
● See the latest from your favorite channels in Subscriptions
● Look up videos you’ve watched, liked, and saved for later in Library
Explore different topics, what’s popular, and on the rise (available in select countries)
● Stay up to date on what’s popular in music, gaming, beauty, news, learning and more
● See what’s trending on YouTube and around the world on Explore
● Learn about the coolest Creators, Gamers, and Artists on the Rise (available in select countries)
Connect with the YouTube community
● Keep up with your favorites creators with Posts, Stories, Premieres, and Live streams
● Join the conversation with comments and interact with creators and other community members
Create content from your mobile device
● Create or upload your own videos directly in the app
● Engage with your audience in real time with live streaming right from the app
Find the experience that fits you and your family (available in select countries)
● Every family has their own approach to online video. Learn about your options: the YouTube Kids app or a new parent supervised experience on YouTube at youtube.com/myfamily
Support creators you love with channel memberships (available in select countries)
● Join channels that offer paid monthly memberships and support their work
● Get access to exclusive perks from the channel & become part of their members community
● Stand out in comments and live chats with a loyalty badge next to your username
Upgrade to YouTube Premium (available in select countries)
● Watch videos uninterrupted by ads, while using other apps, or when the screen is locked
● Save videos for when you really need them – like when you’re on a plane or commuting
● Get access to YouTube Music Premium as part of your benefits
Note: If you subscribe via Apple, payment will be charged to App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase.
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice.
We fixed the tubes that bring you videos – and some bugs too.
Ratings and Reviews
A Few Annoying Problems...
I’ve been using this app for years and it has been great. It works well and is a nice quality app. I have a few problems though, and it has to do with the subscription tab. The first problem is that it will often say that someone has posted (showing a little blue dot on their icon) but they haven’t. No big deal, but if I click it to make the blue dot go away, then go back to a different tab (such as the home) it will put the blue dot back. That makes it so there is a red dot on the subscription button which just bothers me. It also usually happens to people with less that 1k subs.
The second problem I have is that I don’t get all community posts. I am subscribed to a lot of people, and a good amount of them make posts regularly. Maybe this is supposed to happen, but I don’t get them all, and I would like to.
The last problem (which I find more funny) is that when I click all to see everyone I am subscribed to, it shows everyone as normal. But, if I leave the app and come back, or slide up on my phone (to show brightness or flashlight) it will switch around the names so that they do not match the right person.
Other than these three problems, the app is amazing.
Comments, ads, restrictions.
If the video goes into an ad then I lose my spot in the comments. Basically the app closes the comment section to make me focus on the ad. The ads have gotten ridiculous. What was wrong with having them in the beginning of the video. Now they’re just slapped everywhere. I may have 30 seconds left on a video and boom ad. When appropriate I’m fine with the restricting of ads. When appropriate I’m fine with age restrictions. I’m sick of hearing about videos being taken down without a legitimate reason. See thunderfoot’s video debunking coronavirus conspiracies. I’m sick of creators being removed because you disagree with them. Unfortunately I’m not sure where to start with this as they just disappear. Speaking of videos not appropriate for ads - why do I get ads that are not appropriate for all ages? I get ads that are just rap videos with the “n” word and “f” bombs thrown around every few seconds. These “ads” are talking about drugs and drive by shootings. Why is that ok? Oh, and now I get constant ads for Umzu- a “supplement” company. Why is it ok to market unproven drug claims? Haven’t creators been punished for doing the same?
Wow - I just tried watching a movie on here for the first time. I turn the movie on and immediately get “ad in 5 seconds.” Literally 1 minute plays and I get another set of ads. The ads are so frequent, even if short, that I can’t get into the movie. Won’t try this again.
Bring Back Downvotes
Please stop the censorship. Let people communicate freely and decide for themselves what they think and feel. The internet has already become censored enough by the removal of comment sections and through rampant consolidation/mergers into monopolies or near-monopolies. Trying to direct comments into Twitter or Facebook forces people to join those sites which have become clearing houses for sale of people’s private information to companies and to massive profiling by the government. Both should be illegal. These aren’t the principals that America is supposed to be about and it will ultimately be bad even for the businesses that behave this way. Look at what’s happened to Facebook. Same thing goes for the music industry and traditional radio stations. Competition leads to innovation and improvement. Freedom of expression is essential to to our way of life, and censorship does not prevent people from understanding the truth. It just leads people to reject your business and destroys consumer confidence. People know that censorship of this type isn’t for the public’s benefit or for small content creators - it’s to protect powerful figures and special interests and to make the general public feel alone when they disagree with a message, or when they’re being lied to. Please do the right thing, it will work for everyone’s benefit. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 285.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kyrgyz, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2021 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- YouTube Red $12.99
- Movies & Shows $3.99
- YouTube Premium $15.99
- Youtube Premium Family $29.99
- Movies & Shows $2.99
- Movies & Shows $1.99
- YouTube Premium Family $29.99
- Super Chat $1.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.