Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster-than-ever, with Google Smarts built-in.
• FASTER BROWSING - Chrome’s address bar uses Google Search to make any fact-finding mission fast and simple. It also searches your Google Drive, so diving into next week’s vacation plan is just that much easier.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - No matter where you are on the web, or the globe, Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built-in. Chrome also automatically prompts translation when you need it.
• MANAGE YOUR TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and manage them in the new grid shapes to easily view and compare websites.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - Signing into Chrome automatically syncs across your laptop, tablet, or on your phone. You get the same experience – no matter where you go.
• AUTOFILL FORMS & PASSWORDS - Remembering p4$$w0rd$ is a thing of the past. Chrome can store your address and payment details, so you can fill out forms with just one click.
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• You can now switch Chrome to dark mode if your device has been upgraded to iOS 13.
• Bookmarks, History, Recent Tabs and Reading List are now presented as cards on iOS 13.
• Add a new credit card directly in Chrome from the settings page.
• A fix for a navigation-related crash.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs fixing, keeps crashing
Update: The issue was fixed for about a month. And then it decided to act up again. If I want to view a link in my email I need to use Chrome for desktop. In fact I normally view stuff in the Google app since Chrome doesn’t work right (as usual).
Normally I would give this app a higher rating but unfortunately it keeps crashing on me. At first I thought it was because I was trying to send a link to a wedding site, but then a link from an email kept crashing as I was trying to read a lengthy article enclosed. It crashed three times in 15 minutes. I am not happy with chrome right now, and unlike when this was happening with my Chrome browser on Windows last year I can't get Canary Chrome for this device to fix it myself.
Counterintuitive and unproductive!!
I really wanted to like the Chrome app for iOS but it turned out to be counter productive. I use a lot of other Google apps over Apple (notable Gmail and Google Maps) and after a lot of prompting from those apps to use Chrome when pushing to Safari, I decided to give it a try. After a month of Chrome usage, the app options, gestures, buttons are counterintuitive and slow. For example, I understand some people like to close their browsing session after but I never do- sure, have a close all button but why is it displayed so prominently in the app start. I have pressed it accidentally so many times and closed out my plethora of tabs which is really annoying. There’s no way to recover them if you open a new tab. There’s no option for opening tabs in background, quick new tab from a current tab just to name a few others. Page loading is slowing and constantly reloads instead of saving page data. The iOS Chrome app needs a major refresh and update before I use it again. But right now it is counterintuitive, inefficient, and unproductive.
This is not the Chrome we all know and love
The new design is basically a clone of safari. Everything is changed: layout of menus and buttons and open tabs, entire visual design aesthetic, screen interactions - nothing remains the same from the chrome app I’ve used for years over anything else available. I still use it because of habit, but that’s all. It feels awkward now, and you have to be more precise in tapping buttons. Actually everything is more difficult to accomplish, especially bookmarking a website and opening/closing a new tab. It just feels cramped and every action I regularly take is hidden in a menu I have to scroll through. Speaking of the main menu for taking actions like bookmarking or “find in page”, its all just crammed into an overflow menu (the ... button) that you have to scroll through. There’s no organization whatsoever and everything is just jumbled up. I’ve been using this update for like a week now and still have to search for what I want and regularly use. LET ME ROLL BACK TO PREVIOUS VERSION PLEASE.
- Google LLC
- 71.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.