Download the new Google Chrome for your iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever. Get the best of Google Search, and easily sync your bookmarks and passwords with Chrome on your laptop. Download the fast, secure browser recommended by Google.
NEW - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as default. All web links will automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built in. Search and get answers on Google fast.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browse previously-visited websites.
• SEARCH FROM YOUR HOME SCREEN - Access Chrome from your iOS home screen with the new widget.
• ACCESS YOUR CHROME ACROSS DEVICES - When you sign in to Chrome, you can save bookmarks, passwords and more in your Google Account, so you can access them on your other devices.
• STORE PASSWORDS & PAYMENT METHODS - Chrome can save your passwords and payment information, and automatically fill them into forms when you need them.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• MANAGE TABS EASILY - See all your tabs in a single view and easily organize them into groups.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. You’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
• SAVE YOUR SITES - Save pages for later with bookmarks in Chrome.
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• You can now move the address bar to the bottom of your screen. Tap Chrome Menu > Settings > Address Bar.
• When you open a new tab, you'll see a recent tab suggestion to help you pick up where you left off.
• Get improved website suggestions that correct for typos in the address bar.
• Get a notification to help you easily restore Chrome as your default browser after resetting your phone.
• When you highlight text, you can now select "Search with Google" from the context menu.
• You can now tap on plain text phone numbers to make a call.
• Stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Links don’t open
I switched from Safari to Chrome on my iPhone because I thought it would be a good idea and because I was having issues with authentication on Safari since it would not remember sessions and was annoying to have to login over and over to the same site within 5 minutes of logging in. After all, I’ve been using Chrome on my computer for a long time. However, not a good idea to use Chrome on an iPhone. For starters, it’s far slower than Safari. But then I discovered another issue with Chrome that to my surprise is not new. Clicking on most links just doesn’t work and you have to try and try tapping until it decides to work. I traced this issue back to 2020 and it seems Google hasn’t fixed the problem and not a solution in sight. Couple that with recent issue I’ve started to see with Chrome on my desktop computer too. That was the last straw for me. Solution? I switched to the much hated Microsoft Edge on both my computer and my iPhone and no more issues. Haven’t looked back since. Tapping on links work on my iPhone, no issues with authentication, it’s fast. I frankly don’t know why people hate Edge so much.
Been using Chrome on all my devices for about as long as I’ve had a smartphone. I prefer the interface to Safari, and prior to having more than one Apple device, I liked being able to have access to all my bookmarks, my reading list, browsing history, passwords, etc. on every device. Now that I own and use my iPad and Macbook for school and work in addition to my phone, I really love that I can quickly and seamlessly share webpages from one device to another - which, you might also be able to do with Safari by now, but I haven’t used Safari as my primary browser in about a decade. In that entire time I haven’t run into a single issue that negatively affected my user experience or made me want to switch browsers. I’ll be honest and say that most updates I hardly notice lol, but what few new features I do catch onto, they only make the app/user experience better and better. My regards to the devs. Keep up the excellent work!
Google chrome is awesome and I wouldn’t want to use another browser, but… Please fix discover. One of the MOST FRUSTRATING things in this app is how I see the discover feed and see an article I’m interested in only to have it disappear into the void as soon as it refreshes before I even have a chance to open the article. Please… please… show me the previous feeds. Add discover history for articles we haven’t viewed yet. I don’t understand why this isn’t built-in. I’ve searched for ways to view discover history, but it doesn’t exist. Why? I feel like I’m being teased by a good article only to have it disappear before I can open and view it. It’s things like this that make me rather not have the discover feed. The only tip I have for others also bothered by the same PROBLEM is to turn off wifi and cell data, open chrome, Took a look at the discover feed and see which articles may interest you in peace, THEN reconnect to internet to let chrome/discover refresh the feed. I consider this to be a big issue, but it’ll probably get ignored because I’m in the minority of people want to see yesterday’s articles. I’ll be opening a support ticket with most of this post copied. It’s a shot in the dark but maybe this will get fixed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 198.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.