The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. Chat with Gemini to supercharge your ideas. Use text, voice, photos and your camera to get help in new ways. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
• Use your camera to identify what you’re looking at – whether that’s a colorful butterfly, a spiky plant, or anything else you’re curious about.
• Translate over 100 languages on things like road signs, menus, and any other words you can point your camera at.
• See something you like? Use your camera to find out where you can buy it.
• Refine your camera searches by adding words – whether you want those shoes but in ‘blue’, or want to learn how to ‘repair’ that broken bit on your bicycle.
• Search by singing, even when you’ve forgotten the lyrics. Hum a song into the Google app to find out what it is.
• Use your camera for homework help. With step-by-step guides and videos, you can learn ways to solve math, chemistry, biology and physics problems.
• Chat to get help learning in new ways, writing thank you notes, planning events, and more with Gemini
Here's what you can do with Gemini:
• Get help with writing, brainstorming, learning, and more
• Summarize and find quick info from Gmail or Google Drive
• Generate images on the fly
• Use text, voice, photos and your camera to get help in new ways
• Make plans with Google Maps and Google Flights
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you.
• Start your morning with weather and top news.
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events.
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums.
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies.
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen or lock screen with the new Google widget. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
Gemini is coming to select users and countries in the Google app. See the region and language availability in the Help Center: https://support.google.com/gemini?p=gemini_app_requirements_ios
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a better search experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Only one complaint
Google Maps as an application is great for travel and directions over all. It is accurately interconnected to transit systems in cities I travel to. Easy interface for looking at reviews and information of destination’s.
Now the only thing I have to complain about is when you type in your destination for directions is the map auto-fixes to compass 🧭 north, instead of the direction you are facing. For example if I am headed west and fading south the map appears “upside down”. I understand if you use the “live navigation” feature the map corrects itself and relays the information based on current facing direction. As one who loves to walk and wants to save battery life on my mobile device, it would be great if the default for “get directions” without navigation feature would load to the direction you are facing so you don’t have to toggle the map when looking at directions.
Google Aap brings annoying search bar at the bottom
Recent update Google Search bar has been brought to the bottom of the screen. Now when app is launched on Apple devices (iPhone) search bar automatically opens up (swiped up from bottom toward to top of the) which covers around 80% of the screen. Google is app is not only used for search only, instead 95% of the time this app is used for getting all kinds of updates, weather, stocks, news active, tending video, (off course sponsored linked/ ads also shows up). By covering all that, and forcing a useless search bar and covering entire screen is super annoying, and user experience and satisfaction has significantly dropped. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Please bring back old interface, where search bar is at the top which doesn’t interface with the main contents of the Google dashboard. We know how to locate the search bar to perform a search. Right now we have to swipe down the search bar first to get to the pre populated & personalized content, also search bar popes open randomly and covers the entire screen, that’s probably how people holds their phone (usually people hold phone from the lower 30-40% side) and accidentally it touches the search area and it just a pops open. This wasn’t the issue earlier though. Please bring back old interface. Of let user chose where they want to place the search bar. Thanks BK
Developer Response ,
Hi there. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Please create a post in our Google Search Forum for our community of experts to assist: https://goo.gle/2YIWYHy. Appreciate it!
Google - get rid of the blue pop up tips!!!
Have an issue and cannot find anyone at Google to help. Literally EVERY SINGLE time I am on Google on my iphone, these blue “tip” boxes pop up. They contain directions and/or explanations for VERY self explanatory buttons and things on the Google page. For example -I search something like “candy” and then on the results that come up there is an overview of the subject searched. Then there is a blue box that pops up and points to that overview button and says “tap here for summary and general info”. I’m not understanding why Google has to define/explain this button every time I search something. I know what overview means. Or I look up a restaurant and a box forms over the “order here” button on the result page and says “view menu and order food.” If these instructional pop ups only occurred once when I first used Google I would understand but every time I search something there are blue boxes all over the page speaking to me like I am dumb lol. Soooo unnecessary and so annoying. Trying to find a way to disable this but no one can give me any info. I’ve tweeted at them and they don’t answer, I’ve called apple who says it’s Google’s issue but no one cares. Have stopped using Google because of how annoying it is.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please submit a feedback report and tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Open Google App > tap top right profile picture or initial > Help & feedback > Send feedback, this will help us ensure that this gets reviewed by the right team. Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 342.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.