Enjoy DStv Now as part of your DStv subscription and always have the shows, movies and sport you love with you wherever you go. Download now and get watching!
Never miss your favourite TV shows, sports team or breaking news with the DStv Now mobile app, watch live on your iPhone or iPad anytime, anywhere; catch up on the latest episodes and movies or download to watch offline later.
The DStv Now mobile app gives you the freedom to watch your best-loved DStv entertainment when you’re on the move.
As a DStv customer you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now mobile app.
- Get it as it’s being broadcast, tune in and start live streaming selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI.
- Missed it live, catch it later by watching a selection of the most popular shows, sport highlights, and movies on Catch Up.
- Don’t want to use mobile data to watch shows or movies, download up to 25 videos on Catch Up while on WIFI to enjoy offline later across 4 devices.
- Want your own experience based on the sport, shows and movies you like to watch, setup up to 6 different profiles to personalise each family members viewing experience.
- Want to plan your viewing in advance, add Catch Up items to your watchlist to come back to later or access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to arrange your viewing.
- Need to keep the kids entertained, our Kids section is a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access so your kids can enjoy the coolest shows and movies unattended.
- Won’t be home in time, set remote recordings for your Internet connected DStv Explora and never miss your best-loved shows.
If you don’t have DStv, no problem, just download the mobile app, sign-up, and start watching our selection of free live streaming channels and video on your iPhone or iPad (available in South Africa only). As long as you’ve got the data, you’re good to go.
*The Live TV and DStv Catch Up content on DStv Now will be as per your subscription package and country. Due to geo-blocking this content can only be played within the countries in the DStv territories.
We admit it: app improvements = happier customers = better rating = grinning engineers. In this latest update:
- We’ve added user profiles. What does that mean? Up to 6 different profiles can be set up, giving each user the chance to personalise their experience and the content displayed. It’ll help us recommend the best content for each individual.
- We’ve added watchlists (aka My List). What does that mean? Each profile can now create a personalised lineup of shows and movies to watch next. Less time spent browsing and more time spent viewing!
Ratings and Reviews
Catch up: Remembering what you are watching
I love the DSTV mobile app, but it often doesn’t update the latest episodes on catch up under my ‘what you’re watching’ section so I have to search for the newest episode of the series I’m watching under another category like new shows.
When using the app on my computer and I’m scrolling through movies and click on one I want to read up on, if I decide not to watch it, and I want to go back to the list of catch up movies, it takes me to the very top of the list of and I have to scroll all the way down to where I was. I really like the Netflix system whereby when you move your cursor over the movie title a short description comes up. This way you don’t lose your place.
Developer Response ,
We are always looking to improve the experience for our users, and really appreciate the feedback.
We are sure that your feedback will only help us improve further. Kindly contact us on the link: https://now.dstv.com/Home/Login?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fnow.dstv.com%2F so we can assist in making the experience better.
Good but needs more language options
I’ve been enjoying the app but plz give an option to change language settings so you can hear swearing. Nothing worse than watching a movie and hear the sound go away during swearing.
Discovery chanel got green bars running through the right side of the screen.
Sometimes the channels does not update and keeps playing one part of the program over and over even when i restarted my device and app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We will pass on the suggestion to our development team. Please send the details or screenshot to ( https://now.dstv.com/Home/Login?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fnow.dstv.com%2F ).
App works fine but needs improvements
It functions as a streaming app but some additions could make the experience a lot better:
- the drop down menu view for channels is an awful UX decision. This applies to the TV guide but particularly important for live TV, which is the primary function of the app. The point is to see what’s on at the moment across all available channels. I want to be able to see what’s on, and then pick something that I feel like watching. That’s an impossible feat if I have to drop down on every single channel.
- the ability to add a channel to favourites for easy navigation would be great
- being able to view TV guide, catch up or live TV for favourites only would help with navigation
- the fact that subtitles aren’t available for catch up shows really limits accessibility for hearing impaired viewers. Netflix is great at this.
NB: the search functionality for catch up is broken. My search never produces results in catch up, only for the TV guide.
Developer Response ,
Hi Yubesodifficult, Thanks for your feedback. We are working on improving the stability of the app. Hopefully you will notice improvements soon.
- Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
- 45.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.