Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Create high-quality scans of lengthy documents with Book Mode.
• Quickly scan and save your important documents to Dropbox or Google Drive so you can access and share them wherever you are.
• Adjust the brightness and contrast of your scans in just a few taps.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
Do not sell or share my personal information
• Performance and stability.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/scaniosfeedback
Ratings and Reviews
Make sure you use the filters
AdobeScan is my go-to app if I need multiple images into a pdf, which is often the case for my school submissions. I think the default scan filter can be a bit finicky depending on how dark you write, but you can go into the filters and change it back to the original color and then it’s perfect.
-Can scan directly through the app, or upload photos you already took/images you already have.
-Very concise cropping of images, not just sliding of sides horizontally or vertically but also changing corners of where you crop for accuracy
-Auto crop feature is pretty good for doing it automatically/quickly even if it isn’t perfect
-Multiple scan settings. I think it has one for open books among others. I haven’t checked that out in full detail though.
-Default scanner is picky about how dark you write
-I haven’t found a default setting to use the original color every time, so I’ve had to change filters manually every time. It’s a bit annoying, but not a dealbreaker for me.
-I have shaky hands and it requires a still photo, which can sometimes be an issue depending on how bad my tremor is that day. I would appreciate something like the “live photo” setting on Apple that shows the best image over a small timeframe.
Overall AdobeScan is the most universal scanner across file types while also being not too basic or complicated. Despite the cons, it’s the best scanner I’ve found hence the 5/5 rating. Hope this review is helpful
Edge-finding and focussing (spelling intentional) capability less than perfect
I chose to ignore Adobe’s prompting that I upgrade to AdobeScan from the scanning feature included with the Adobe PDF app for a while, because when I’d tried it, it had “grabbed” the document it was supposed to scan as if on some sort of fast-forward setting and estimated the location of the document’s edges incorrectly. It also didn’t take enough time to get a properly-focussed (spelling intentional) image. I’d realized that I needed to figure out how to perform the scan manually, in order to get it precise enough, or find another scanning app. During a later attempt, I was relieved when I was prompted to disable the psychotic-seeming autoscan setting — imagine a coworker coming to your desk and frantically dishevelling a neat pile of paper documents sitting on it while you watch — which I’d never chosen to activate to begin with. With that setting shut off, however, the app still doesn’t “find” the document’s edges as precisely as I’d like. It gives you the option of adjusting its placement of them yourself; however, I preferred the scanning feature of the Adobe PDF app to this separate, supposedly-superior Adobe Scan app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 177.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2023 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe Scan Pro - Monthly $9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $9.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $9.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $69.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $3.99
- Adobe Scan Premium $29.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $89.99