Welcome to the Philz Coffee app! It's never been easier to order your Cup of Love for pick-up, customize your coffee to your personal taste, and reorder your favorites. Download the app today and experience Philz at your fingertips.
- Order your favorite coffee or tea ahead of time for convenient pick-up
- Customize your drink to your personal taste
- Get order updates when your drink is being made and when it's ready for pick-up
- See which barista is crafting your cup to be just right
- Browse through your favorites menu to make a selection in a snap
- Easily reorder your go-to drink
- Find your nearest Philz when you're on the go
Welcome to Philz Mobile - we have been hard at work making some changes to support a better mobile ordering experience we have resolved some minor bugs with this release. Enjoy your Philz!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great but not great
I love that I can order through the app so my coffee is ready by the time I get to the place especially if there’s a long line.
However the app algorithm is very confusing. It’s not user friendly where you just choose which coffee you want to order, size, and add ons. Instead of a list, you have to swipe left or right like you’re on a dating app -not that I ever used one but my friends have shown me how a dating app works. IMO I like “lists” format because of its simplicity but this app has a whole sentence & you just click on the specific word you want to change such as “I want a size [blank] with [light/regular] ice,” etc.
Also another thing, I don’t know if it’s just me but the locations are listed in categories of area whereas the Bay Area has 3 different areas! They have almost ALL the locations in the Bay Area except the ONE that is closest to me which is SJSU campus. They even have a pick up station so I’m not sure how they're getting orders if they’re not on the app.
Hopefully you guys can find a way to make your app more user friendly and please add more locations!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed feedback! You can view our entire drink menu via the "Menu" screen on the app if that's how you prefer to order. Our "My Philz" page is intended to suggest drinks (like our baristas would in person) as well as store your regularly ordered drinks for quick re-ordering in the future. We'll take your feedback into consideration for future improvements! Also, our SJ location is not on our app, but is still using Caviar so you can continue to order through them.
works! except ux of location
i’m a super user and way prior covid. app works quite well for me and much better than so more user friendly than other coffee apps. 1 complaint only: (please please fix developers!) I have made countless mistakes with location of orders bc of the ux of this app. finally i learned that i have to call for a refund instead of eat the cost. the pop up should confirm where you are picking up no matter what. currently it pops up only if you i already made a conscious effort to manually change the location. which is the least useful time for a reminder. the wrong location orders happen when i hit go quickly on the app w/o updating the location and that happens bc i don’t think for one second about where i ordered last. and the app never prompts you early to select a location. i get frictionless checkout, but this is such a pain for both your staff and users. other ways: while in shopping cart view, show the location accurately on a map view instead of just small text name of store “mission” which gets lost. Or like other apps let user select a “home” location if you dont want to prompt them to select a location each time. and in that case every time user opens the app it should default to where “home” was set and NOT the last order’s random location. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Love Philz. Don’t love the app.
The app tries to be original and props to them for that. But, it falls short on useability imo. It just beers from basic design principles.
1. I don’t like the order UI being like a robo advisor fill in the gap questionnaire. I would rather just pick options from a list. Hot/iced, large/small, etc. The cognitive load is too much especially for people like my parents who have trouble using the UI.
2. The number of coffees you are ordering is placed high up away from the coffee options. It’s not labeled so it’s always a bit confusing.
3. The coffee add-ons don’t appear in a consistent way. “None” becomes “No” when you select it for milk or sugar. Then you can still pick a milk or sugar option. The latter field should become disabled. It’s confusing.
3. There is no option to pay with a Philz gift card! I confirmed with a store employee that that payment method isn’t supported yet. Given that Philz is only taking mobile orders at the moment and I have a $100 gift card, this is frustrating!
Guys, you raised like $30 million! Get your app together!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for sharing this feedback, it's much appreciated. We will take all of this into consideration as we continue to make improvements. Also, worth noting that we are actively working on a gift card feature. In the meantime, you can do a walk up order with a gift card, however the stores aren't always able to accommodate (due to staffing, mobile order volume, etc). We are working hard to adapt to the new mobile only ordering, and we appreciate your support!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Philz Coffee, Inc.
- 48 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Philz Coffee
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.