The truth is people don’t understand the guidelines that surround moderate alcohol use limits.
DrinkControl tracks and converts your alcohol intake quantities, such as glasses, bottles or cans, into the standard units of alcohol, and lets you know when you are going over the limits (set by moderate drinking guidelines) as well as how much you have spent on drinks and calories you consumed from alcohol.
Now, that’s a sobering thought!
- Easily track your drinks and alcohol expenses, manage your drinking history in calendar
- Monitor your alcohol consumption against moderate drinking guidelines from leading health organisations
- Understand amount of alcohol calories in your drinks, sync data with Apple Health
- Get statistics and charts, compare alcohol consumption, expenses and calories with previous time period
- Get your personal infographic on drinks consumed
- Use app in dark or light mode
Extra features available with single in-app purchase:
- Get statistics for calendar week, last/calendar month, quarter and year
- Look back in the history, create an infographic for whole month/year.
- Add your favourite drink types for tracking
- Export data for use in Excel/Numbers
- Back up your data on Dropbox
- Choose your favourite app icon
Follow @DrinkControl on Twitter:
== IMPROVED ==
- Alcohol units charts for 13/26/52 weeks bar color for the week is violet if binge drinking limit was reached for any day within the period.
== FIXED ==
- Fixed chart bar color when amount of consumed units is equal with the moderate consumption guideline.
- Fixed crash when launching app via 3DTouch/ForceTouch shortcut if app was not in the background.
== NEW ==
- New time periods for charts in the Stats tab - calendar week, calendar month and calendar year.
- Added option to navigate back in time for charts and infographic in the Stats tab.
- Tapping on bar in the chart will reveal date interval and drink details for the day/week.
- Added integration with Apple Health (syncs amount of drink calories).
- Added Dark mode option.
- Added option to delete drink types.
- Added option for alternate app icons.
- Added option to recommend app to friends (see in About tab).
- Added option for becoming a Patron of the app (with small monthly donation).
- Removed avatar/quote appearance options for Today tab.
== IMPROVED ==
- Added new serving sizes.
- Added option to zoom/position custom background image for Today tab.
=== FIXED ==
- Drink price calculator keyboard does not block tapping other data fields in drink editing screen.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Helpful for Moderation
Wish life were simple enough to just count drinks, but I realize that’s not how it goes. A margarita carries more “weight” than a light beer. I like this app because it does show me a true picture/diary of how much and how often I drink, but as far as considering myself “moderate” for drinking, I’m not going to beat myself up. I’ll drink more on a dinner date or attending a college football game on a weekend, than on an average Tuesday night. I’ll continue to pay the most attention to the number of drinks, regardless of the type, and try not to exceed what’s acceptable for a woman. Most of the time I stick to lower ABV beers and average glasses of wine, so counting drinks and seeing how many I drink each week helps keep me on track.
Best on Apple App Store
I have tried 4 of the alcohol tracking apps and a number of the calorie tracking apps and this one is definitely the best. There is no reason to not try this app. If you get frustrated with the app make sure you locate the calendar feature that allows you to edit and review what you have entered for the day and pervious days, which isn’t obvious, I used the app for 4 days before I made a significant mistake and couldn’t figure out how to fix. So in frustration I emailed the developer and suggested that they add a edit feature. They responded practically immediately that the feature was already there! Great App! Great support!
Great app, but exporting data could be improved
I like this app a lot. It helps me to really understand how much alcohol I am having when I am drinking, since it accurately tracks the total amount of alcohol in each drink (e.g. A 6.5% abv IPA beer is actually 1.3 drinks). My only disappointment is that there aren't more options on exporting the data to a spreadsheet. I'd like to see cumulative daily or weekly options, not just a list of every drink that has been recorded on the app. Otherwise, it's a great app!
- 27.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019, E-protect
- In-App Purchases
- Customize drinks $0.99
- Disable ads $0.99
- More reports $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.