The truth is people don’t understand the guidelines that surround moderate alcohol use limits.
DrinkControl tracks and converts your alcohol intake quantities, such as glasses, bottles or cans, into the standard units of alcohol, and lets you know when you are going over the limits (set by moderate drinking guidelines) as well as how much you have spent on drinks and calories you consumed from alcohol.
Now, that’s a sobering thought!
- Easily track your drinks and alcohol expenses
- Manage your drinking history in calendar
- Monitor your alcohol consumption against moderate drinking guidelines from leading health organisations
- Understand amount of alcohol calories in your drinks, sync calories data with Apple Health
- Get statistics and charts, compare alcohol consumption, expenses and calories with previous time period
- Get your personal infographic on drinks consumed
- Use app in dark or light mode
Premium features include:
- Set and customize drink tracking reminders
- Get statistics and charts for last/calendar month/week, quarter or year
- Look back in the history, create an infographic for whole month/year.
- Add your favourite drink types for tracking
- Export data for use in Excel/Numbers
- Choose your favourite app icon
- Back up your data to iCloud or Dropbox
Terms, Conditions and Privacy:
== IMPROVED ==
- Quickly delete drink from the Calendar or add a copy of the existing drink (for today) by longtapping on drink.
== FIXED ==
- Fixed issue: preferred serving size not saved when editing custom/user-defined drink types.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Really helps bring visibility and peace of mind
I admit I’m a worrier. I tend to overthink things. Meaning that I can get paranoid about how healthy or unhealthy I perceive my habits to be. I enjoy drinking but I find it easy to feel like I’m overdoing it either in how many days a week I drink or with how many drinks I have in a social outing (whether it is real or perceived is a different topic). This app has been very helpful in bringing some stability to my own perceptions of that. It is easy to just pop into the app and tally a drink as I go, or the next day if I got too busy chatting to stop and enter. The weekly tally is great because I can see how many drinks I’ve had and I can see the upcoming day when the tally will go down so that I don’t feel pressure for drinking again until the running tally drops lower. Overall, it is easy to use and I’ve consistently recorded all my drinks for the past 6 months. I’m less stressed and can easily see when I feel like I need to dial down a bit, or when it is ok to let loose and have some more fun. For me, it takes the worry away and that has been great.
It’s a very good app
With drinks that have different alcohol content it’s very hard to be sure how much you actually drank over just a few days. Tracking over a month? Several months? A year? It’s impossible. I have that data now and it’s useful. It’s a great way for me to be accountable but also let myself relax when I’m within my limits.
Very responsive developer too which is great. Thank you. I should share that I added in a custom drink called “water” to indicate for myself that I tracked my drinks that night and I had zero. It might be a helpful drink to add by default simply as a placeholder. That way I know later that I was being honest! And then I get it on the infograph as well. I can check how many days I skipped drinking over a time period by checking how many times I marked down “water” for my drinks.
Very useful. Thank you
Take control of your drinking!
I started using this app five years ago because I was concerned that my drinking might be going over the limits of moderation. I enjoy alcohol and never want it to become a problem because I’d hate to have to give it up! It does take a lot of self-discipline to log each and every drink but if you’re serious about it, you get used to it pretty quickly. It’s really great data! I helps me make more conscious decisions about my drinking and has even gradually reduced my drinking over time, lowering my tolerance so that a drink or two is enough anyway. I’m sure it’s saved me a ton of money too. When my doctor asks how many drinks I have a week, I can show him! It’s so customizable as well. Highly recommended!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 34 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020, E-protect
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $6.99
- Premium, lifetime $14.99
- Premium $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.