Keep calm and count your drinks! Stay within moderate (low-risk) alcohol limits, get motived to drink less and save money. Track, understand and make a positive change!
DrinkControl demystifies units of alcohol (also known as standard drinks) in ways other apps don't. People don’t understand the guidelines for moderate/low-risk alcohol consumption and DrinkControl helps to make sense what these really mean.
DrinkControl is your alcohol consumption diary, helping you to keep track of what you drink and when to help keep yourself accountable — a vital motivation in making changes like drinking less often, opting for lighter drinks, or going for a sober streak.
Instead of considering our consumption in alcohol units (also known as standard drinks) or grams of pure alcohol (the basis of moderate drinking guidelines), we simply consume our beer, wine and spirits in their available containers without giving them a second thought. But not all beers, wines or shots are equal.
DrinkControl helps you be better informed about the drinks you consume and the amount of alcohol/calories they contain. Whether it's to reduce alcohol intake on the advise of a doctor, goal of spending less or losing weight, tracking drinks will help you with moderation or cutting down.
Now, that’s a sobering thought!
- Easily and quickly track your drinks and alcohol expenses
- Track and see your drinking history in calendar
- Mark your dry/sober days and streaks
- Compare your alcohol use with moderate/low-risk drinking guidelines from leading health institutions
- Sync alcohol units (standard drinks) and alcohol calories consumed with Apple Health
- Get statistics and charts on alcohol use, sober days, money spent and calories in alcohol
- Get your personal infographic on drinks consumed
Premium features include:
- Set and customize drink tracking reminders/notifications
- Get statistics and charts for last/calendar month/week, quarter or year and previous time periods
- Look back in the history, create an infographic for whole month/year
- Add your favourite types of drinks and serving sizes
- Export data to .csv file for use in Excel/Numbers
- Choose your favourite app icon
- Back up your data to iCloud or Dropbox
Terms, Conditions and Privacy:
== NEW ==
- Updated limits for Canada with latest Canada’s Guidance on Alcohol and Health, 2023 (significantly lower daily/weekly limits).
- Updated with (a bit lower) US weekly limits by latest US National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism guidelines.
- [Today] tab shows number of dry days within last 30 days if you are on dry/sober streak (at least dry 6 days in the row) instead of details of last drink tracked.
== IMPROVED ==
- Double tapping on the date in date picker selects date without need for [OK] button.
- Better sharing previews when sharing charts from [Stats] tab.
- Minor UI improvements.
== FIXED ==
- Fixed crash when setting custom background image for [Today] tab with camera.
- App sounds are muted if you phone is switched to silent mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Really helps bring visibility and peace of mind
I admit I’m a worrier. I tend to overthink things. Meaning that I can get paranoid about how healthy or unhealthy I perceive my habits to be. I enjoy drinking but I find it easy to feel like I’m overdoing it either in how many days a week I drink or with how many drinks I have in a social outing (whether it is real or perceived is a different topic). This app has been very helpful in bringing some stability to my own perceptions of that. It is easy to just pop into the app and tally a drink as I go, or the next day if I got too busy chatting to stop and enter. The weekly tally is great because I can see how many drinks I’ve had and I can see the upcoming day when the tally will go down so that I don’t feel pressure for drinking again until the running tally drops lower. Overall, it is easy to use and I’ve consistently recorded all my drinks for the past 6 months. I’m less stressed and can easily see when I feel like I need to dial down a bit, or when it is ok to let loose and have some more fun. For me, it takes the worry away and that has been great.
Very useful app
I’ve never seen myself as a big drinker, but after having a stroke, I knew I needed to more carefully and completely monitor my alcohol intake. This app has not only helped to monitor my drinking, but more importantly, help measure actual alcohol units. For example, I like microbrews, especially IPAs. With this app I discovered the true volume of my alcohol intake I never had considered: a single IPA pint, clearly not a problem drinker kind of drink, is actually nearly 2 alcohol units given the high average alcohol content of modern microbrews. Think of it, in my younger days, 2 pints would be the norm yet that’s actually equal to 4 alcohol units. Without a doubt, an eye opener. I really appreciate the app for its usefulness but also for its well thought out layout. Inputting information is straight forward and simple. The data presentation is clear and meaningful. Great app!
Really helps with tracking
I’ve been tracking drinks with this app for quite awhile and did get the premium version to keep better track. It has really helped me to see how much I overconsume without even realizing it. I hope to slowly cut back to drinking healthier amounts over time with the help of this app. It is a great app, you can track many types of drinks, and each day will show up as a different color depending on how much you drink (blue for nothing or up to the recommended daily amount, purple if you go a bit over or red if you go way over). Edit to my original post, I thought you could only track beers in increments of .5% and was happy to find out in the premium version there is a way to track by increments of .1%. My only suggestion would be add a way to track additional Oz options, like 1/2 a beer of the different size options if I share it with someone. Would like to see that option show up in the future! Overall great app and will continue to use.
Developer Response ,
Hi! With Premium features enabled you can longtap on ABV picker in the drink editing screen to switch beteen 0.5% and 0.1% precision modes for alcohol strength. Hope this helps!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 36.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2023, E-protect
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features $9.99
- Premium $3.99
- Premium $2.99
- Premium $6.99
- Premium $11.99
- Premium, lifetime $14.99
- Premium, lifetime $24.99
- Monthly tip/donation $0.99
- Premium features (promo) $4.99
- Generous Tip $2.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.