Boxing Timer is an application designed for your boxing training, sparring and workouts. Boxing Timer gives you a fully configurable round timer on your iPhone™ and iPod® touch.
The application can also be used for other sports and training, such as Mixed Martial Arts, Grappling, Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Wrestling and any other sports requiring timed rounds.
The application counts each round for you and uses a classic digital display for time. Boxing Timer is designed to alert you of the current period at all times. Your iPhone or iPod touch can be rotated to provide an extra large time display. Bells signal the start and end of each round and also a warning period.
Boxing Timer has the following features:
• Configurable time periods for the preparation, round, warning period, and rest period
• Coloured backgrounds signifying the particular stage of the round
• Round counter
• Bell sounds are configurable to indicate the start and end of rounds and the warning period
• Vibration (iPhone only) to indicate the start and end of rounds and the warning period
• Sounds effects and/or vibration (iPhone only) may be turned off
• Extra large landscape display
• Classic digital time display
• Auto-lock can be disabled to prevent screen locking during rounds
• Tap anywhere on the screen to start/pause
• Timer position can be saved when application is exited
• Runs in the background on devices that support multitasking
Note: If your rounds are being interrupted by your device's Auto-Lock feature, then please switch "Auto-Lock" to off in your Boxing Timer's Options screen.
Added support for Dark Mode.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this for years now for kickboxing, boxing, circuit, and interval training. It works well for me (and my Sparring partners). Just make sure you have you phone and this app updated.
Started ok, but useless now
I've owned this for a while and have had some success with it. It gets 2 stars because I like that it is very customizable. I have been using it to run intervals recently and it has been arbitrarily turning off as I have paused it in the middle of a round. Sometimes during the first round. Sometime during any other one. I know it's not me because it always stops when there is some version of 57 seconds (1:57, 3:57, etc). It happens during the round or rest. When I'm running and can't watch the timer, this wrecks the workout. I just deleted it. I reached out to the developer through the app and received no response. Time to find a new one.
Thank you developer
When you get an app, you never know how long the developer will stick around to support it. I’ve had this app for years. It’s a simple app, but sometimes that’s all you need. To the developer, thank you for your continued presence. The dark mode looks great!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Effortless Code Limited
- 20.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Chris Gummer
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.