Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family. With a few taps you can create vertical and horizontal videos with immersive camera effects, artistic filters, dynamic music, animated text, emoji, stickers, and more.
Make quick videos
• Record vertical and horizontal video clips with simple controls
• Add photos and videos from your library to quickly create a multi-clip video
• Drag and pinch while recording to add smooth pan and zoom animations
• Easily adjust the length of your clips and reorder them
• Connect a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, or trackpad to create videos quickly
Amazing camera effects and animations
• Apply artistic filters to turn any photo or video into a moody painting, silent film, or comic book illustration*
• Record expressive clips with the Memoji you make in Messages**
• Selfie Scenes place you within 360-degree video environments with special filters and sound effects**
Captions, text, and posters
• Live Title captions are automatically generated as you speak and appear onscreen to match the timing of your voiceover
• Apply customizable text stickers to label elements in your videos and photos
• Use full-screen posters with animated backgrounds and customizable text to help tell your story
Fun stickers and emoji
• Add animated emoji, speech bubbles, illustrated stickers, and shapes to your photos and video clips
• Stick emoji, stickers, and text onto your face and watch them move with you
• Express even more emotions with the featured Mickey and Minnie Mouse stickers
Complete your video with music
• Add a music track from your library or choose from more than 100 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your video
• Create songs in GarageBand and other music apps, then add them directly to your Clips videos
• Quickly send your videos to friends and family via Mail and Messages
• Export a video optimized for sharing to Instagram, YouTube, and other popular video destinations
• Use iCloud to view and edit your Clips videos on any of your iOS devices
* Some effects require iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or iPad Pro (2017) or later
** Memoji and Selfie Scenes require an iPhone or iPad with TrueDepth camera system
• Fixes an issue in which the foreground filter in Selfie Scenes may appear as red when recorded into a project that includes HDR video clips
• Fixes an issue in which the Cancel button on the Share sheet may become unresponsive when using Clips on iPad
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
great, but could be better
ok, so, i used to HATE using clips, because it could only do square shoots(like it would be in a square format), and they finally fixed that, i can finally shoot shoot and edit my videos in the format i love to use. one thing i wish they could fix/ add is how on the camera there’s an icon thing, like where it shows how zoomed in it is and you can just like touch and hold it to zoom in more, i would like if they could add that instead of where we have to use to fingers and spread them out. it would just be more convenient. i also wish they could add transitions for the videos, since like all the stuff is already there, and it would be hard to transfer all the videos and put different transitions in between the videos that are already together. i don’t know if anyone will see this, but if you do thanx for reading it, and i hope you can look into this. Edit: could you guys also make it where we can put in photos from other photo apps, i use google photos for my photos to clear up space on my phone, so i have to reinstate(excuse my poor wording) my photos from google photos onto my apple photos. this isn’t a big thing, but it would be great to add. Edit 2: it would also be great if you could make it where you could like make the text not go through the whole video, like where you can choose where the text starts and stops, this is also a problem on iMovie, but that’s a different review.
Needs more effects options and to fit apps.
Hi! I just discovered this app yesterday and had a lot of fun and uploaded it to TikTok and Instagram. However, my portrait mode 16:9 video was cut off at the top and bottom after uploading it to those apps even though they support portrait videos! In fact, TikTok is all videos in portrait mode and it still cut my video into a square! I’m really hoping for a fix to this.
Another thing is I think you need to check out TikTok and Snapchat for all the tons of effects you can use. I love that you can film a video and still add some effects afterwards but we need more options.
I would also like to be able to control the volume of the music I add and be able to shorten it if I want to. If there’s an option to do that already and I missed it, please let me know how to do it! Thank you!
I Don’t Recommend
I honestly thought this app was great at first, but then when I found out there were better editing apps I downloaded like Videoshop, I realized this app was literal trash compared to other editing apps. The major problem is how we can’t resize the size of the screen. Like, I have a picture the size of my iPhone screen and when it doesn’t fit, I either have to make it zoomed in where I can’t see the whole thing or zoomed out too much where it’s atrocious. When I’m trying to move my picture, it’s like so wiggly and moves so much where when I add the next it’s not in the same spot. It’s honestly annoying. Also, the stickers were annoying because I needed them to pop up and they were fading on and fading back off. There aren’t a lot of music varieties which is irrelevant and half the music (the only good ones) are copyrighted. While trimming videos, I can’t trim the middle of the video I have to do it how long I want it and I can’t cut out parts. If I wanted to do that I would just do that in the app Photos my iPhone came with. And, the texts are super hideous! You can’t actually choose a font out of a bunch of varieties they have you pick from like 10 they have that are ugly and you can’t change the colors. Honestly, if you’re looking for editing apps, this one isn’t the one you’re gonna want. Get Videoshop or Inshot or something.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 137.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2020 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.