EG Pulse is the ultimate Drum Machine / Sampler for iOS.
It can be used both in standalone or hosted as AudioUnit AU3 inside apps like GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker3, NanoStudio2, n-Track9 and others.
The solid ElliottGarage sequencing engine has been updated and expanded, and you can now create ultra precise trap rhythms, hip hop grooves, electronic beats, rock and acoustic drum tracks and more.
EG Pulse comes with more than 40 drumkits and more than 180 grooves already included to cover many different genres from EDM, House, Trap, Hip Hop and Electronic Music to Rock, Metal, Reggae or Jazz; moreover, you can create your custom drumkit importing samples with simple drag & drop or combining the builtin kits, and you can modify them inside the app with the sample editor (sample start, attack time, release time and sample length).
Each of the 16 pads can be also pitched and panned in the mixer section of the app and also reverb, delay, bitcrusher and eq can be set individually.
Each pattern can be automated to obtain dynamic changes and with the probability mode you can create always new grooves adding randomization and human feel to them.
EG Pulse contains drumkits and presets created by some of the best iOS Beat Makers and Producers like SoundOfIzrael, Soundtrack Loops, the Beat Community and more.
Full feature list:
- Standalone & AU3 Audio Unit
- Pads View, Grid View, Mixer, Automation View, FX View & Song View
- Chromatic Pads - Play melodic line like on a keyboard
- 64 step audio engine
- 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/32 & 1/64 quantization
- Samples Drag & drop from File App (supports multiple files import)
- Import of Wave, AIFF, M4a, MP3 audio files or MOV and MP4 video screen recording (audio will be extracted)
- Kit sharing (left swipe on a kit to access additional menu)
- Fill & Autofill (every 2, 4, 8, 16 bars)
- Custom drumkit & user banks save
- Song view
- Pad Roll (with 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/32 & 1/64 quantization)
- Ableton Link
- Step recording into grid view
- Choke groups
- Mixer with Solo, Mute, Volume, Gain, Pan, Pitch
- Automation of Pitch, Volume and Pan for each pad and pattern dependant
- Probability to create unpredictable and random patterns
- Samples editor (Start offset, attack time, release time, length)
- AU Fx - put EG Pulse in the FX slot of your daw and record any incoming audio
- Time stretching
- Loop bpm detection and automatic sync to tempo (works with 4 bar loops)
- Transient detection and audio slice
- Pitch detection and pitch shifting
- Bank import/export
- Midi In with MIDI learn to control pads
- MIDI out to host (AU3 version)
- Midi Program Change to switch patterns
- FX (Reverb, Delay, Bitcrusher and EQ) for each pad
- Tap tempo & Swing
- More than 40 drumkits and 180 grooves created by iOS Producers and Beat Makers
- Bank presets covering several genres
- Ableton Live Set Export support for patterns
- Multi stems export of patterns
- AU3 Multi output - Route up to 16 separate stems to any daw supporting multi-output AU
EG Pulse will give you a free Ableton Live Lite license - follow the instructions inside the app to get it
- Improved pad color management - grid view & mixer view
- Fixed sample ADSR not saved into a bank or a kit
- Improved sampling engine to decrease sample attack (removed the short fade-in applied by default)
- Fixed wrong sample imported from the picker in the drumkit edit view
For feedback or request please write at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
*****Thanks for continuing to update this. The sample reordering and renaming is great. Might sound like a dumb request, but I’m wondering if it would be possible to rename a pad with an emoji? Ableton added this and I find it helps when I have a ton of kits.”*****
I’ve owned many hardware grooveboxes, Maschine, MPC’s, ableton Push, Elektron gear and tons of drum synths from Battery to Guru etc etc. Having multiple instances of EG Pulse in AUM controlled by a MiDI drum pad might be as fun and productive as any combo of above. The ability to also not use a controller and have this on phone in my pocket as well is just nuts. So fun, flexible and an absolute deal. Thank you for adding the ability to sample other iOS apps with it in AUM’s effect slot. 👌
Super inspiring developer, just when you think he’s done he adds more to it. Quick at that. Curious to see how far he can take this one.
Great Beat Sequencer with top of the line features!
Really excited to see this app continue to develop!! I wrote a previous review with a couple of questions regarding features and a possible bug to which the dev personally contacted me in no time! Love iOS music production and with up and coming developers like the one(s) behind EG Pulse it will not be long until our beloved iOS production capabilities start to rival our desktop gear.
Pulse is jumping out ahead of the competition as a brand new entry in the drums/beat making ring. Simply loving ElliottGarage’s Pulse intuitive design & the ease of creating my own kits, AUv3, TIME STRECH /loop sync was a feature the dev has already added in an update since the initial release only a couple weeks ago!! The time stretch sync is frankly just an awesome feature in an app of this nature at a fantastic value price point EG has set for now, not to mention a literal metric $h|7-ton of other feature too numerous to list!! The included video tutorials are excellent to jump start your workflow, if you are serious about creating music with iOS then EG Pulse is an essential weapon to have in your best making arsenal!
If you are still reading, do yourself a favor, stop now -& buy Elliott Garage’s Pulse now. I have a feeling after this initial sale is over and as the dev continues to implement some of the really awesome upcoming features mentioned in review on Dischord maybe? the price may go up some to reflect the added value?!
Clean, efficient, powerful, but I want more.
Let me start off with the fact that this is a great plugin. It will fulfill most people’s needs. I just want a little more tweak-ability for my own personal uses.
I am new to iOS music production, but I have spent a couple years engineering/producing on desktop in more traditional studio & DAW environments.
Things that I would love to see implemented in this app are complete flexibly over the swing from 0-100% instead of just in 25% intervals. Sometimes you just need that 79% swing if you know what I’m sayin.
To go along with that, I would love for there to be an option to toggle the quantization on and off. Since it automatically quantizes to whatever grid subdivision you have set it’s hard to make a sloppy Dilla style beat with good feel right now. So either the ability to toggle quantization on and off, or more options in the subdivisions, such as maybe quintuplets (1/20th notes, 5 notes per click) or other odd note groupings would allow for more sloppy and angular sounding grooves.
Again this app is great, especially since it has AUv3 multi-out. Those are just some things that I’d like to see in a drum machine.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- andrea angelini
- 281.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Andrea
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.