With Google Podcasts, you can find and listen to the world's podcasts for free.
Discover podcasts you'll love
● Subscribe and listen to all your favorite podcasts.
● Explore show and episode recommendations just for you.
● Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, sports, and more.
● Subscribe to our smart audio playlist Your News Update for timely news chosen just for you.
Customize your listening experience
● Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
● Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience.
● Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads, and subscriptions.
Listen wherever you are
● Listen on multiple devices - phone, laptop, smart speaker - without losing your place.
● Auto-download shows to listen offline and on the go.
● Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant.
With this release, we've added our smart audio news playlist, Your News Update. Open the app and navigate to the Explore tab to subscribe to Your News Update. Then listen to a mix of short news stories chosen in that moment just for you.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Better late than never
Over all a clean & solid app. Will be hard to dethrone the native Apple podcast app as well as Overcast as these have been refined really well. A lot of room for growth. Initialization of a podcast episode can be slow. Also a lack of a website, car play app, and Apple Watch version are opportunities for improvement. Otherwise solid app. Also may want to add in the future similar features like Overcasts that allow for skipping of the initial commercials at the beginning of the podcast would be great.
Nice but fails
In the user interface this app very well designed. I find that it is easier and more intuitive than Apple Podcasts which used to be the easiest to use, but after several bad choices in interface change, Apple Podcasts is just a confusing mess that I never got used to. The reason I am giving Google Podcast a one star is because Google decided to remove the ability to add your custom RSS feed. I subscribe to some paid shows that are not available for free and require a personalized RSS feed URL, and Google decided to remove this essential feature that effectively renders this app completely useless for me. If Google brings back the ability to add custom RSS URLs, I would be happy to revise my rating.
Good Simple App
Overall, this is the best Podcast app that I have used. I like the ‘feed’ style since I don’t have to constantly mark as played, it just displays all my podcasts like a Twitter feed. The feed with a queue is the best way to do it in my opinion since I don’t have to feel like I am managing anything.
One thing I would like to see is an iPad app, as well as add the Podcast feed to the web app for when I am on my Mac. Without that it is not great having my Podcast experience limited to just my phone.
- Google LLC
- 58.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.