With Google Podcasts, you can find and listen to the world's podcasts for free.
Discover podcasts you'll love
● Subscribe and listen to all your favorite podcasts.
● Explore show and episode recommendations just for you.
● Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, sports, and more.
● Subscribe to our smart audio playlist Your News Update for timely news chosen just for you.
Customize your listening experience
● Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
● Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience.
● Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads, and subscriptions.
Listen wherever you are
● Listen on multiple devices - phone, laptop, smart speaker - without losing your place.
● Auto-download shows to listen offline and on the go.
● Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant.
This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Download Management Needs Work
The Auto Download feature does not work, no matter what settings I use. Also, episode organization is really frustrating because it doesn’t tell me how many episodes of the same show I have downloaded. Every episode is a single item on the list. What if I have two episodes of the same show in one week? They should be together, not spread apart between five other shows I have coming in in between those two.
App is functional otherwise, just frustrating when you keep up with a lot of shows like I do to have to manually download each episode, AND have to scroll down through singular episodes of the same show from my Downloads list.
Solid Podcast App! Could use some minor improvements.
Overall the Google Podcast app is a solid app. Subscribing to podcasts you can listen to podcasts through streaming or (more importantly) by downloading the podcast. It seems to sync your position across devices which is helpful when switching devices. The app downloads quite a few episodes. My main complaints are:
-I don’t see a way to manually mass mark podcasts as “played” (multi select and mark)
-The one feature I would love to have would be integration with Sonos.
-There is no option to sync settings. So for example if I set Podcast A to listen “oldest to newest” then that setting should sync back to the cloud. I shouldn’t then have to also set that on Device B (because when you have 3 devices and around 15 podcasts that becomes a bit of a chore to get them all set the same).
-At the same time there should be an option to chose whether or not to sync settings for a particular podcast (maybe device A has 256GB of storage while Device B has 64GB)
Pretty good alternative to Apple podcast app
I’ve been using this app for a couple months now, and I do like it better than the Apple podcast app. However, I experience a handful of issues / annoyances. First off, it seems like the skip forward 30sec button doesn’t always function properly —— often times it rewinds my position in the episode by many minutes, and then I have to go manually forward to find my previous position in the podcast. This is an issue via my iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch.
An annoyance I’d love to be eliminated is that there’s no way to dismiss / delete / clear out podcast episodes in my main feed. Some topics I don’t care to listen to from an otherwise good podcast, and would prefer thru just get wiped from that feed.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 55.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.