NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
- Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time will take place from July 23 at 10:00 a.m. to August 3 at 8:00 p.m. local time. During this event, Pokémon from various eras will be appearing more often.
- Address Book Import: Soon, you’ll be able to add friends from your contact list.
- In-app support is now located at the top of the Settings menu.
- Collection Challenges now include a window explaining the challenge’s icons.
- You can now skip the Team GO Rocket battle-reward animations.
Ratings and Reviews
A phenomenon from the start, Pokémon GO hasn’t stopped evolving. Since launch, the best-in-class location-based AR game has expanded with countless improvements. Hatch eggs while the game runs in the background. Battle other trainers with your favorite creatures. Join memorable community day events. With a steady stream of awesome updates and hundreds of iconic creatures to catch, Niantic’s groundbreaking hit just keeps getting better.
Outstanding app and the first I’ve made a review on but could use some changes
First of all, this has to be my favorite app I’ve ever downloaded on my phone and is the most well made app I’ve ever played, I’ve been playing for years and am always delighted by how the game changes overtime, now saying that I do believe there are some minor details which I believe would make the game better if updated. First off, like you can power up Pokémon with stardust and candies I believe you should also be able to power it down to the original cp it was caught at and no lower. You can also make it cost stardust and candies equal to if you would power them up at. The reason I think this is necessary is because I have accidentally powered up Pokémon many Pokémon past the point of go battle leagues like I accidentally powered up my mewtwo past 2500 so now I am unable to use it for ultra league and i know many people who have done something like that. The other thing I don’t think matters as much is that we should be able to choose any league we want despite the rank. I would understand if this doesn’t change because it’s really not that big of a deal and I also kind of like how you have to strive to get better for new leagues. Thanks for listening and I would love to see the first thing changed if possible! Absolutely love this app!!! Thanks.
-Pokémon go lover
This app is an amazing app! It is an amazing way to kill time and a great app to get your exercise in! There are a couple things that I think could be better. I feel there should be a chat space! So you can talk to the people you are friends with to meet up and do raids or battle together. Instead of having to download an app which even then you need to at least know there phone number. I feel you should be able to get more than 50 coins a day. Or at least be able to get a bonus for every continuous day your Pokémon is at a gym. Saying that I know that the prices to buy stuff is set to match the amount of coins able to be received each day. So if needed I feel it would be ok to up the price on coins a little. For trading.... I feel you should be able to choose what your friend gets. Or at least be able to put something in there for them besides a sticker. This also adds onto the fact that we need a chat system between friends to be able to tell what each other needs and or is receiving. I know you have the notifications for what your friend has received but it would still be nice to be able to say “oh thanks for the poke balls dude” or something along the lines of that. Overall this game is amazing! And I get on it several times a day. But I am sure other people have been saying things along the lines of what I have said! I mean none of this is no rude way but I do feel that these things should either be changed or added into the game!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 356.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins $0.99
- 550 PokéCoins $4.99
- 1,200 PokéCoins $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.