Tempo is a powerful training log for runners. Designed to be your daily go-to training app, Tempo visualizes all your fitness data from the Health app in simple and beautiful ways to motivate you, inspire you, and help you train smarter.
Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch, and Tempo will instantly pick your workouts to help analyze all the activity data. Built with privacy as a core tenet, Tempo keeps all your data secure and on your device.
• Workout log for running, walking, and hiking, with wheelchair support
• Interactive workout charts, intervals & full splits with pace, heart rate, cadence, power, stride length, vertical oscillation, ground contact time
• Compare Workouts
• Showcase and track your personal bests — PR/PB fastest times from 100m to 26.2mi
• Set and track distance goals
• Configurable Heart Rate Zones
• Ability to edit workouts to fix distance
• Interactive map with splits data
• Tags to track shoes, workout types, races, and more
• Filters with power tagging
• Notes for journaling
• Cumulative graph of lifetime training progression
• Configurable Intensity Calendar to identify overtraining
• Custom Trends comparable across selectable date ranges
• Support for wheelchair workouts
• Apple Watch complications
• Configurable app level settings like dark mode, first day of the week, distance units, and more
• Ability to manually log a workout
• Respects your privacy
• Made by an indie developer
• And so much more!
Here's why you will love Tempo,
1. BUILT FOR THE ATHLETE IN YOU:
Whether you are a frequent marathoner or a frequent runner/walker/hiker, you will find Tempo delightful and full of helpful insights.
2. SUPER DETAILED & PERSONAL:
Tempo will provide comprehensive details of every workout with interactive charts, maps, and the ability to add your notes & tags for journaling.
3. ENABLES LONGEVITY:
We run for the joy, the distance, speed, endurance, and fitness. All of it requires consistently balancing strain & recovery to build strength & fitness. Tempo offers powerful and configurable tools to analyze and understand your fitness trends.
INDIE BUSINESS MODEL:
Tempo is self-funded and maintained by a solo developer. Hi, that's me! I love running as much as building quality software. With no outside funding, no ads, no grow at any cost by selling your data, Tempo's only source of revenue is when you subscribe to premium features. Please check it out. Runners find these features truly effective in training well.
FOR THE LOVE OF RUNNING:
Built for runners, by a runner, Tempo started as a simple, 1-screen, side-project and has evolved into a powerful app to become a favorite of many runners.
PRIVATE WITH NO ADS:
I can't emphasize this enough: Tempo is built with privacy first as a core principle. Your data is yours. I do not have or want access to it. I will never sell it or share it with anyone. No ads, no creepy tracking.
Tempo's pro features are only available with Tempo Premium subscription. If you purchase Tempo Premium, a subscription payment will be charged to your App Store account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the App Store after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription. Subscription prices may vary from country to country.
Tempo primarily works with the Health data stored by the Workout app from Apple Watch. While it may be able to process workouts stored in the Health app by other 3rd-party apps, depending on how those apps store the data, some details may vary.
Term of Service: https://indie.sh/tempo/terms
This update has a lot of improvements across the app. Here's a quick summary of the notable changes:
• New Apple Watch Complication for the Last 7 Days Distance Graph.
• Added ability to enable/disable workout data sources. This new in-app setting is useful to avoid duplicates when workouts are synced to the Health app from multiple third-party apps. (Ideally, we should avoid synching the same workouts into the Health app via multiple sources.)
• Cumulative Graph now shows the total distance in decimal format.
• Goal widgets now auto-display a goal when only one active goal exists.
• Tempo always backs up the data, like tags and notes, created and managed in Tempo. This backup mechanism started failing recently for some folks, and in the process of fixing it, we now have a brand new Tempo Backups section under the app settings. This new UI provides the ability to easily verify that backups are being created and also restore from a backup when needed. No action is required to create backups. Tempo will continue to create backups automatically.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent the Latest Workout widget from displaying the workout's map until Tempo was opened again after a workout.
Enjoy & Happy Training!
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best apps I’ve ever used
As someone who is getting back into running (trained for a half marathon and over 300 miles logged in the past year), this app is MADE for runners. You are able to get so many helpful insights and stats from an individual run. And even when you want to look at cumulative stats for a given week or month, the cumulative graph and intensity calendar are awesome. You aren’t gonna find these stats in any other app, and that includes Apple’s fitness app. I also LOVE the share feature. Apple’s fitness app lets you share a completed workout, but it presents pretty barebone stats that are non customizable. Tempo lets you share your stats in the form of a customizable image (you decide what stats to show). This feature alone for me is worth it, cause it makes it so easy to share with my friends my runs without having to take a screenshot and manually crop or create something on my own. The yearly subscription is less than the cost of running socks, so if you even consider yourself a casual runner who just wants more insight GET THIS APP. Seriously you won’t regret it. As an iOS developer myself, I just wanna say kudos to the app developer. Such an unbelievably useful and well crafted app that many others could learn from. Hoping in the future that maybe we could see an iPad version but otherwise absolutely stellar ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Simple and powerful
I’ve used many running apps. Since finding Tempo I rarely use the others. It has a very simple user interface and you can quickly find what you’re looking for. I love the Intensity Calendar for a quick overview of my runs. The Cumulative Graph is the perfect way to look at your weekly mileage and see your progression throughout your training cycle. The Personal Bests is fun to look through. I also like how the data is presented as you review each workout. The developer is doing a great job with this app and is constantly adding new features. I also love that I can use the default Apple Workouts app (though you can use any app that syncs with Apple Health) to record my runs as I find that the most accurate and simplest to use. The data syncs seamlessly with Tempo. Great app!
Splits are broken, devs unresponsive
I like the idea of this app. I was really enjoying using it for a while until my new entries suddenly had broken splits. There would only be 2 splits for a run. The 1st mile and then the rest of the run would be lumped together as one big split. Completely useless data at that point. The splits are correct in the data source and correct in Apple Fitness, only in Tempo are they broken. I reached out to the devs at their published support email and got no response. I had paid for a year of premium but I cancelled after realizing the data is suspect and the devs won't troubleshoot issues. I would look very carefully before spending any money and ensure that the data is correct for your workouts.
update: after tweeting at the developer I did receive a response. The developer tried hard to solve the problem but unfortunately a solution was never found. I really wish I could use this app as I quite like it, but I just can't get around this issue.
Developer Response ,
Hi, apologies for not responding to your email. This issue can happen when you record your workouts with an app other than the Workout app on your Apple Watch. Tempo reads the data from the Health app, but third-party apps' data could be in a non-standard format, sparse, or completely missing. The recent update (Tempo 3.9.0) made a few changes to support one of such third-party app's data (slightly) better. If you are still up for it, please give it a try. You can reach me directly on email@example.com. Thank you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- 79.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016–2022 Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tempo Premium $11.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.