Tempo is a powerful training log for running & walking. It’s designed to be your daily go-to training app—your training visualized to motivate you, inspire you, and help you train smarter.
With its beautiful design focused on visualizing your training data from the Health app, and extreme care to maintain your privacy, Tempo is the best app for your training.
Tempo enables better training and self-motivation in 3 essential ways,
• Training Tools
• Detailed Insights
• Workout log for running, walking, hiking, with wheelchair support
• Interactive workout graphs for pace, heart rate, cadence, and elevation
• Individual intervals & full splits with pace, heart rate, and cadence
• Showcase and track your personal bests — PR/PB fastest times from 100m to 26.2mi
• Configurable Heart Rate Zones
• Ability to edit workouts to fix distance
• Interactive map with splits data
• Tags to track shoes, workout types, races, and more
• Filters with power tagging
• Notes for journaling
• Cumulative graph of lifetime training progression
• Configurable Intensity Calendar to identify overtraining
• Custom Trends comparable across selectable date ranges
• Support for wheelchair workouts
• Apple Watch complications
• Configurable app level settings like dark mode, first day of the week, distance units, and more
• Ability to manually log a workout
• Respects your privacy
• Made by an indie developer
• And so much more!
Here's why you will love Tempo,
1. BUILT FOR THE ATHLETE IN YOU:
Whether you are a frequent marathoner, or a weekly active runner/walker, you will find Tempo delightful and full of helpful insights.
2. SUPER DETAILED & PERSONAL:
Thorough details for every workout with interactive graphs, maps, and ability to add your own notes & tags for journaling.
3. ENABLES LONGEVITY:
We run for the joy, the distance, speed, endurance, and fitness. All of it requires consistently balancing strain & recovery to build strength & fitness. Tempo offers powerful and configurable tools to analyze and understand our fitness trends and more.
INDIE BUSINESS MODEL:
Tempo is self-funded and maintained by a solo developer. Hi, that's me! I love running as much as building high-quality software. With no outside funding, no ads, no grow at any cost by selling your data, Tempo's only source of revenue is when you subscribe to premium features. Please do check out premium with a free trial. Runners find these features really effective in training well.
FOR THE LOVE OF RUNNING:
Built for runners, by a runner, Tempo started as a simple, 1-screen, side-project, and evolved into a powerful app to become a favorite of many runners. Read Tempo's story here — http://indie.sh/tempo/story
PRIVATE WITH NO ADS:
I can't emphasize this enough — Tempo is built with privacy first as a core principle. Your data is yours. I do not have or want access to it. I will never sell it, or share it with anyone. No ads, no creepy tracking.
Tempo's pro features are only available with Tempo Premium subscription. If you choose to purchase Tempo Premium, subscription payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Current subscription price is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Tempo primarily works with the Health data stored by the Workout app from Apple Watch. While it may be able to process workouts stored in the Health app by other 3rd-party apps, depending on how those apps store the data, some details may vary.
Term of Service: https://indie.sh/tempo/terms
Introducing Photo Summary sharing. A picture is worth a thousand words, and with this update you can share your workouts with a picture to tell a story.
• Build a Photo Summary of your workout with any picture (new or one from your Photos library)
• Customize summary details that you want to show or hide with the picture
• Optimize text and photo to blend well with options to blur, change brightness, and add text shadow
This version also has some minor bug fixes / changes:
• Filtering hides empty tags (tags with no workouts) to avoid empty filter results
• Empty tags are now visible in Tags Log for you to be able to delete them
• Workout Map now has a 3D satellite option
• Fixed listing for same-day workouts picker sheet (via Intensity Calendar) to be sorted by start time
Enjoy & Keep Running/Walking!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect Complement to Apple Watch
I recently switched from running with a Garmin to running with an Apple Watch. I really like the watch but the data views available in the Activity and Health apps are insufficient for tracking your training. I’m so happy to have found Tempo because it fills in the gaps and allows you to see mileage and intensity trends over time (weekly, monthly, yearly, and rolling totals). I do a lot of treadmill runs so I also love the option to manually adjust the distance - I think it’s worth upgrading to the paid version for this feature alone.
Best running app with room for improvement
Tempo is the best running app companion. My quest is finally over. This one seriously is for real runners: no fuss, minimalistic UI, useful data upfront, cool tagging and filtering tools, and an excellent log scheme. There is a large room for improvement, though. First and foremost, a record tab to check the personal bests. Secondly, the option to entitle the logged run (i.e., NYC Marathon, Boston Marathon, and so on). Thirdly, the option to add a link to the race or location where the run took place. Keep it up, developer. You're one of the rest of us!
Great running app
The last thing you want is an app that’s going to tie you up even before you get your foot out of the door. Tempo is clean and a amazing user friendly app. There are 2 versions - Free and a Premium. My favorite feature is the Dashboard where you get a simple view of weekly, monthly and yearly runs. In addition you can view your intensity trend in a monthly calendar feature. Tap on each run and you get to the details. I run 6 days a week and for me I cannot get a better and simple app than Tempo. Thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- 66.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016–2021 Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tempo Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.