Tempo is a powerful training log for runners, built by a runner. It’s designed to be your daily go-to running app — your training visualized to motivate you, inspire you, and help you train smarter and run well.
With its beautiful design focused on visualizing your training data from the Health app, and extreme care to maintain your privacy, Tempo is the best running app.
Tempo enables better training and self-motivation in 3 essential ways,
• Training tools
• Comprehensive Insights
• Workout log with filters and power tagging
• Interactive workout graphs for pace, heart rate, cadence, and elevation
• Individual intervals & full splits with pace, heart rate, and cadence
• Ability to edit workouts to fix distance
• Interactive map with splits data
• Tags to track shoes, workout types, races, and more
• Notes for journaling
• Cumulative graph of lifetime training progression
• Configurable Intensity Calendar to identify overtraining
• Custom Trends comparable across selectable date ranges
• iOS 14 Widgets
• Apple Watch complications
• Configurable walk settings
• Configurable app level settings like dark mode, first day of the week, distance units, and more
• Ability to manually log a workout
• Respects your privacy
• Made by an indie developer
• And so much more!
Here's why you will love Tempo,
1. BUILT FOR THE RUNNER IN YOU:
Whether you are a frequent marathoner, or a weekly active runner/walker, you will find Tempo delightful and full of helpful insights.
2. SUPER DETAILED & PERSONAL:
Thorough details for every workout with interactive graphs, maps, and ability to add your own notes & tags for journaling.
3. ENABLES LONGEVITY:
We run for the joy, the distance, speed, endurance, and fitness. All of it requires consistently balancing strain & recovery to build strength & fitness. Tempo offers powerful and configurable tools to analyze and understand our fitness trends and more.
INDIE BUSINESS MODEL:
Tempo is self-funded and maintained by a solo developer. Hi, that's me! I love running as much as building high-quality software. With no outside funding, no ads, no grow at any cost by selling your data, Tempo's only source of revenue is when you subscribe to premium features. Please do check out premium with a free trial. Runners find these features really effective in training well.
FOR THE LOVE OF RUNNING:
Built for runners, by a runner, Tempo started as a simple, 1-screen, side-project, and evolved into a powerful app to become a favorite of many runners. Read Tempo's story here — http://indie.sh/tempo/story
PRIVATE WITH NO ADS:
I can't emphasize this enough — Tempo is built with privacy first as a core principle. Your data is yours. I do not have or want access to it. I will never sell it, or share it with anyone. No ads, no creepy tracking.
Tempo's pro features are only available with Tempo Premium subscription. If you choose to purchase Tempo Premium, subscription payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Current subscription price is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Tempo primarily works with the Health data stored by the Workout app from Apple Watch. While it may be able to process workouts stored in the Health app by other 3rd-party apps, depending on how those apps store the data, some details may vary.
Term of Service: https://indie.sh/tempo/terms
Thank you for an amazing response to the launch of Tempo 3. This release consists of minor fixes and a fun little addition — ability to change Tempo's app icon.
— Tempo 3 Release Notes —
Introducing Tempo 3. How do you make the best running app even better? With more power, and a stunning new design. This is Tempo’s biggest and best update ever. And you will love it!
Here’s what we got,
• Bigger and cleaner overall look & feel, with font changes, colors, layout, and more
• Everything in the app has been updated and made better!
iOS 14 WIDGETS & watchOS 7
• Distance Totals Widget listing current year, month, and week, as well as last 365, 30, 7 days distance totals
• Latest Workout Widget with options to show workout graph, map, or last 7 days history
• Support for multiple Apple Watch complications to view distance totals for the week, month, and year at the same time
NEW WORKOUT DETAILS
• Fresh new layout and design
• More data points while maintaining its simplicity and power
• Updated training intensity visualizing algorithm to highlight training patterns better with bigger and more colorful workout intensity circles
• New Intensity reference model to visualize sample workout levels and understand intensity concepts better
• New intensity baseline configuration options to set thresholds for current fitness and goals, which then updates Intensity Calendar to reflect training patterns based on those thresholds
• Brand new screen layout to enable comparing training trends by weeks, months, years, as well as per workout
• New date range selection options to allow comparing training across preset options like last 365 days vs 12 weeks, last year vs current year, or over a custom date range
• Redesigned tag’s workout listing to group workouts by weekly totals while also showing total workouts and distance of the selected tag
• Use the updated Workout Log filters for power tagging and tag multiple workouts with multiple tags at the same time
• New Workout Log design
• Ability to filter by workout distance along with tags using OR vs AND for match criteria
As always, please feel free to reach out — firstname.lastname@example.org or @TempoLog
Enjoy & Keep Running/Walking.
ps: if you like Tempo please review it in the App Store. It really helps!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect Complement to Apple Watch
I recently switched from running with a Garmin to running with an Apple Watch. I really like the watch but the data views available in the Activity and Health apps are insufficient for tracking your training. I’m so happy to have found Tempo because it fills in the gaps and allows you to see mileage and intensity trends over time (weekly, monthly, yearly, and rolling totals). I do a lot of treadmill runs so I also love the option to manually adjust the distance - I think it’s worth upgrading to the paid version for this feature alone.
Best running app with room for improvement
Tempo is the best running app companion. My quest is finally over. This one seriously is for real runners: no fuss, minimalistic UI, useful data upfront, cool tagging and filtering tools, and an excellent log scheme. There is a large room for improvement, though. First and foremost, a record tab to check the personal bests. Secondly, the option to entitle the logged run (i.e., NYC Marathon, Boston Marathon, and so on). Thirdly, the option to add a link to the race or location where the run took place. Keep it up, developer. You're one of the rest of us!
Great running app
The last thing you want is an app that’s going to tie you up even before you get your foot out of the door. Tempo is clean and a amazing user friendly app. There are 2 versions - Free and a Premium. My favorite feature is the Dashboard where you get a simple view of weekly, monthly and yearly runs. In addition you can view your intensity trend in a monthly calendar feature. Tap on each run and you get to the details. I run 6 days a week and for me I cannot get a better and simple app than Tempo. Thank you!
- Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- 35.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 14.0 and watchOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016–2020 Indie Computing Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Tempo Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.