Focus Matrix is a smart personal organizer based on the so-called Eisenhower box, a personal productivity strategy created by Dwight Eisenhower, the 34th President of the United States. The principle uses a special priority matrix that helps break your tasks into several groups depending on their urgency and importance, and work your way through your daily agenda in the most efficient way possible. This app will help you focus on what really matters, and get rid of the things that can be painlessly delegated to others or postponed indefinitely until you have time for them.
The key features:
- Two views: Matrix and List of Sections
- Move tasks between sections using drag-and-drop
- Maximize a section to get a closer look at its content
- Use the “Inbox” section for tasks which are needed to be sorted by quadrants
- Set “All day task” to plan tasks for the whole working day
- Sort tasks by title, due date or manually
- Assign due dates to tasks
- Set reminders to never miss an important deadline
- Tasks that are approaching their due dates are automatically carried over from the Not -Urgent category to the Urgent list with user notification
- Search and tags support
- Export to PDF or print the task list
- Task filtering by tags and statuses (completed/uncompleted)
- Configurable statistics and reports for completed tasks
- Password/Touch ID/Face ID protection
- Also available for Mac
Pro version features:
- Cross-device synchronization*
- Seamless integration with Calendar (synchronization of tasks, due and remind dates)
- Integration with Be Focused**: synchronization of tasks and their statuses, possibility to start a timer in Be Focused right from Focus Matrix
* Sync with Mac requires Focus Matrix for macOS, sold separately.
** Be Focused helps you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals. It’s available for Mac and iOS devices in App Store. Integration with Be Focused requires the Pro version of Be Focused, sold separately.
- Updated ads configuration
- Added news configuration options for news center
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just Right for My Working Style
I have tried (and liked) many task managers. However, I never found one that quite fit my working style. I especially had trouble tracking urgent daily tasks, deadlines, and core tasks for making progress on my projects. They all got jumbled as my todo list grew.
Focus Matrix is the perfect mix of automation and manual organization. The quadrants make it easier to see all of my tasks and to organize them for the day. Tasks can be automatically moved to the urgent quadrant when their due date approaches. This app just matches the way I work!
Franklin Covey Fans Rejoice
If you used the paper-based Franklin Covey planning system you will love Focus Matrix. After years of using more complicated apps to follow the GTD system, I find Focus Matrix helps guide me in choosing fewer tasks with bigger payoffs. I find myself moving away from frenetically cramming in every task possible in a given time to instead doing a few tasks that will take me furthest for that day. The sync between iPhone, iPad and Mac works great. If you pair it with the same developer’s BeFocus pomodoro timer you can send your tasks into that app and be super productive with pomodoro sessions and still not be exhausted at the end of your day. I’m taking off one star because the app is limited by having no place for projects. Currently there is only an Inbox and each of the quadrants. There is no place to look at something at the project level and assign the tasks from there. If there were a “Projects” list (sort of how the Inbox is implemented) that could help.
Five stars but...
Would like to be able to set to delete completed tasks immediately or in a few hours. As of now when I review tasks in the evening and mark them completed, they are still taking up screen space all the next day unless I go back in and manually delete them.
Many great features and functionality, though.
Just make it easier to clear the screen of completed tasks. At least move completed tasks to the bottom of the list so focus is on what is left. Also, changing to a strike though font on completed tasks would be nice.
Let’s do that...strike through and move completed tasks to the bottom of the screen and have them disappear into an archive after a few hours or in the wee hours of the morning.
- Denys Yevenko
- 59.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Xwavesoft
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.