In a world of fantasy, called Terra Mystica, 14 races are fighting together or individually against their opponents to gain power and territory.
In a world of fantasy, called Terra Mystica, 14 races are fighting together or individually against their opponents to gain power and territory. Using their resources smartly and terraforming wisely to gain supremacy and lead their own settlers to victory. The original digital conversion of the highly decorated Terra Mystica board game of Helge Ostertag and Jens Drögemüller. Play against other players world wide or challenge the computer opponent.
Terra Mystica is a strategy game with a simple game principle and very little luck involved: You govern one of 14 factions trying to transform the Landscape on the game board in your favor in order to build your Structures. On the one hand, proximity to other players limits your options for further expansion, on the other hand though, it provides some benefits during the game. This conflict is the source of Terra Mystica's appeal.
Structures may be upgraded to provide even more resources, like Workers, Pries
The 14 artfully designed factions, each having unique special abilities, as well as the exchangeable bonus cards allow for a large number of possible game plays that constantly keep this game entertaining!
Features of Terra Mystica:
- easy to learn: the interactive Tutorial helps to get a start in this deep strategy game
- hard to master: Enormous depth and interesting decisions without being too complex to understand. The best strategy always wins!
- replayability: always changing and challenging game experience with new combinations. You want to try all fantasy races! An ideal game for hardcore gamers!
- challenging developments: only strategy and tactics count - not luck!
- game replays: Analyse your best games or learn tricks from the pro settlers
- multiplayer: Challenge the best players across all platforms world wide or play against your family and friends
- three computer difficulties: Try to beat the computer opponent
- newest update: This game uses the newest rules edition of the board game
Terra Mystica has won many awards as a board game, such as:
- Deutscher Spielepreis (German Games Award)
- Spiel des Jahres (Empfehlung) (Game of the Year - Recommended)
- Golden Geek Game Award
- Nederlandse Spellenpreijs
- International Gamers Awards
- Fixed AI in online games from making stupid blunders
- Small improvements to all AI
- "Merge Account" function restored
Ratings and Reviews
No Way to Change Game Clock or Undo Timeouts
EDIT: this review has been bumped up because the developers have pointed out that when a player "times out," they can still rejoin the game until another player boots them. However, I've been the player to boot someone for timing out, and the dialog for doing so indicates that I am just acknowledging that another player timed out. This UX should require a confirmation of "are you sure you want to replace USER with an AI?"
I still stand by my review that we should be able to select the timeout clock duration when creating a game, but the app is not useless, given what I've learned. Just unsatisfactory.
This app is useless for asynchronous play. I've yet to have a game where nobody times out and gets replaced by the AI.
Gonna stick will the browser implementation by Snellman until the devs give users an option to undo an opponent's timeout or disable or extend the game clock when creating a game.
Developer Response ,
Hi, some players are prone to timing out. We are sorry that you are getting matched up with those types of players, but we cannot do anything to control that. Whenever a player has timed out in a game (ranked or friendly), it is the responsibility of the players in the game to touch the player removal pop up button to actually remove the player. If no one does this, then a timed out player can actually enter the game and move and add more time on their move clock.
Good with occasional errors
Minus one star because of two things; errors and ease of use. The errors, I get sometimes after completing my turn. You have to start the app over again for it to work. Then you have to take the action again. It’s always worked after two tries.
The second thing is that there are a lot of menus to check through. If I start to take an action I don’t have certain information available to me quickly. For example if I want to build or upgrade and I forgot how many workers I had I would have to close the screen, check my workers and potentially my income for future actions, etc. I wish it was all right there.
On the positive side, the game looks and feels just like it’s analog counterpart. Great job with the look and feel. Works pretty well on my iPhone 7 and doesn’t require a massive screen to play.
A Good Start
While not perfect, the game does run as it is supposed to. There are glitches yet they are mostly visual and do not impact gameplay mechanics. And as mentioned in other reviews, the tutorial isn’t quite as helpful as it could be. It helped to give a basic understanding of the game’s mechanics but I still had to read the online pdf version of the rules to feel like I understood what all the symbols meant in the various panels.
I haven’t tried the online multiplayer and can’t speak for that.
Overall, it is a good adaptation that has room for improvement. For the price it is a decent way to “test” the game and see if you might like it or Gaia Project (the arguably better follow up to Terra Mystica with similar mechanics) as an addition to your physical collection.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Digidiced UG (haftungsbeschrankt) i.G.
- 225.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © DIGIDICED UG
- In-App Purchases
- Fire and Ice $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.