Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
MIPA AWARD 2017・TASTENWELT PRODUCT AWARD 2015・FUTURE MUSIC GEAR OF THE YEAR AWARD 2014・MIA AWARD 2013
"Cubasis is a serious proposition for music production on iPad." — Ask.Audio
"Cubasis is another serious piece of music creation software." — DJ Mag
"Cubasis is the new standard for mobile DAWs." — Smitematter
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too." — MusicTech.net
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• A brand-new Cubasis: The next gen mobile music creation app
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Cubasis for iPhone: Create great music in the palm of your hand
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• Overdub and looper recording modes: Choose the best mode for your recordings
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Improvements and maintenance: Enjoy the highest performance and rock-solid stability
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI auto quantize
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Load favorite third-party instruments and effects plug-ins via Audio Unit, Audio Unit MIDI, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wow worth every penny works fest and GR8. just wold love multilayer sampling and combining sounds in the sampler and controlling the midi ccs thru midi I’m sure A lot of musician Will buy it also sf2 etc import thanks I really love it. on Cubasis 2 I had Maybe 2 months was just little hard but this won is just crazy thanks still needs some fixes stability the mute gets frozen some times the glue doesn’t behave well wold love to be able to control volume and knobs thru midi also DSP has to be fixed and in app plugins like wave crackles when using microsonic bass crackles some Times will have to wait a bit for a meager update. :UPDATE V301: Hi thanks for the update still waiting for some midi options mainly for when starching an audio should be detailed not unclear also to be able to see track in full screen the update is a GR8 1 this shows Cubasis is working hard the cpu can be a little better it’s much smother after new update but still sometimes spikes up also would love to see running Cubasis on external usb thru camera connection kit thanks keep up you GR8 work thanks
Developer Response ,
Hi moeh1, Thank you very much for your positive Cubase 3 review and rating. We hope to roll in exciting new things in the future! Thanks again! Best Lars
The best! Period.
Wow I have dreamed of a DAW like this one on mobile device for years. I dare anyone to name one that comes even close for audio recording mixed with midi. This is a portable recording studio. The integration with third party effects and virtual instruments is so smooth. I guess most of the bad reviews were left months ago when the app was still in its infancy but really, this app today deserves nothing less than 5 stars. I have used cubase on desktop my whole life and trust Steinberg to deliver awesome products. Even if the app starts with bugs they eventually make you a satisfied customer. You can even tell by the way almost every review here is address by a human. Try finding many developers like that.
This app looks beautiful on my iPad screen. It has all the essential features cubase has, down to the colorization of individual tracks. The way files, settings and features are managed and selected is pure genius. I could go on and on but i will let you judge for yourselves after downloading the lite version if you want to try first. I can safely recommend to any serious musician wanting to have a reliable mobile recording studio to just close their eyes and get Cubasis 3. Most issues you may have will eventually get resolved because the devs are listening, so what do you have to loose?
Developer Response ,
Hi Kushlion, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating! We are glad to read that you seem to enjoy using the app so far! We will try our best making the app better with every update! Please stay well & big thanks again! Best Lars
For a mobile DAW, this is pretty packed. If you’re a serious hobbiest or if you’re full time job is music production, this DAW has it. It has its limitations naturally, but 80% of composition and production can be done here. There are relatively basic features that I am surprised are missing: visual view of envelops on each track, and song key/scale setting. For the audio envelopes, the app offers ways around this, however, it would be nice to see the envelope right on the track itself, and be able to adjust the points right there. For the song key/scale setting - most if not all DAWs have this feature. Even basic ones. So why it’s missing here, beyond me.
Last gripe I have is with the inter app function - it doesn’t work, bottom line. It freezes. Crashes. Doesn’t matter which app I’m using. I have the latest iPad and using updated ios. This feature does not work.
Otherwise, solid release and happy to support this in the future. It sounds like the developers listen and that’s a big plus.
Developer Response ,
Hi FreakofDisco, Many thanks for your Cubasis review and rating - greatly appreciated! We're overwhelmed by your feedback and glad, that you seem to enjoy using Cubasis 3! We hope being able to provide the feature requests at some point I the future! Regarding Inter-App Audio: Please make sure that "Background Audio" is enabled under Setup/Audio. If the problem persists, please file a bug report at our forum at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum, to allow us exchanging with you! Thank you & stay well, Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Machines $6.99
- Waves Plug-in Bundle $19.99
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.