Alerts for Reddit allows you to receive phone notifications for hot new posts on your favorite subreddits, or by your favorite users. Whether you're tracking /r/worldnews or /r/birdswitharms, your phone will notify you when a new post has quickly risen to the top of a subreddit. For user tracking, you can get notifications for new posts and/or comments by any public user on Reddit, and for thread tracking, you can get notifications for all top-level comments on a post or comment thread!
- Add/remove subreddits, users, or threads at any time to start/stop seeing notifications
- No need to link your reddit account - you can subscribe for notifications to any public subreddit, user, post, or comment thread.
- Add up to 3 notification subscriptions of your choosing for free; upgrade to Premium to receive notifications for more than 3.
- Set the notification frequency for each subreddit: "Low" if you only want breaking news, "High" if you want notifications for all hot posts, or "All" to get notified for all new posts for a smaller subreddit.
- Set the notification frequency for each user: "Posts only" or "Posts and Comments"
- Filter notification subscriptions by keyword. For example, if you want to receive notifications for /r/science, but only if the title contains 'bird' or 'reptile', you can!
- Got a Reddit app on your phone? Notifications will launch you straight to the app. No app? Notifications will bring you to Reddit via the browser.
- View recent alerts for your subscribed subreddits and users right in the app.
- Never miss the posts you care about!
This version brings some bug fixes and performance improvements:
- Added a 'loading' indicator while subscriptions are being updated
- Optimized keyword updates for faster load times
- Added a confirmation dialog for deleting a subscription
- Added the ability to have quotation marks in keywords
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely Love This App
I long searched for a way to have as close to possible up to the minute alerts on new postings on certain subs or Reddit. I’ve tried IFTTT. I’ve tried Hooks. I’ve even tried the push notifications from the third-party apps I’ve been using or testing. Alerts for Reddit has surely been the best thing yet for me. Had tested it out for a few days and immediately purchased the premium a while back. And today I get an a update to follow threaded conversations and had absolutely had to write this review. Love this app.
Would love such an app for Twitter notifications as it would allow me to use third party twitter clients vs the official app. Would also love a Siri Shortcut or 3D Touch action to quickly add a sub or user to follow. Either way.... 5 stars from me.
I love the app, it keeps me up to date and I love ! but why is it when I get a notification and I go to the Reddit post via the notification why would the post be posted two hours ago? the notification and post times don't match up.. note: frequency is on high
Hit or Miss
I wanted to love this app, however, around 90% of the time, the app will alert me after a minute or two since the post was made. By that time, the item posted will be gone if it is a highly desired item. Occasionally, the app will alert me the second a post was made but not nearly as often as before. It’s almost perfect but it has caused me to miss out on four items recently that I would have normally had no trouble getting.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! The app is currently only able to guarantee that an “all” post is delivered within 2 minutes of posting, but I’m always brainstorming ideas to make it faster and more efficient!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Amanda O'Neal
- 53.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Amanda O'Neal
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Premium $2.99
- Premium Subscription $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.