Alerts for Reddit allows you to receive phone notifications for hot new posts on your favorite subreddits, or by your favorite users. Whether you're tracking /r/worldnews or /r/birdswitharms, your phone will notify you when a new post has quickly risen to the top of a subreddit. For user tracking, you can get notifications for new posts and/or comments by any public user on Reddit, and for thread tracking, you can get notifications for all top-level comments on a post or comment thread!
- Add/remove subreddits, users, or threads at any time to start/stop seeing notifications
- No need to link your reddit account - you can subscribe for notifications to any public subreddit, user, post, or comment thread.
- Add up to 3 notification subscriptions of your choosing for free; upgrade to Premium to receive notifications for more than 3.
- Set the notification frequency for each subreddit: "Low" if you only want breaking news, "High" if you want notifications for all hot posts, or "All" to get notified for all new posts for a smaller subreddit.
- Set the notification frequency for each user: "Posts only" or "Posts and Comments"
- Filter notification subscriptions by keyword. For example, if you want to receive notifications for /r/science, but only if the title contains 'bird' or 'reptile', you can!
- Got a Reddit app on your phone? Notifications will launch you straight to the app. No app? Notifications will bring you to Reddit via the browser.
- View recent alerts for your subscribed subreddits and users right in the app.
- Never miss the posts you care about!
Updating to run smoothly on iOS 15 - plus, some behind-the-scenes work in preparation for future new features!
Ratings and Reviews
Works as intended except for an annoying bug
The app works great but I often get spammed with the same post's notifications 4-5x which is really annoying. I'm positive it's a bug and not someone posting the same thread 4-5x because all the notifications lead to the same thread. I'll definitely give the app a 5 star if it wasn't for this single bug.
Absolutely Love This App
I long searched for a way to have as close to possible up to the minute alerts on new postings on certain subs or Reddit. I’ve tried IFTTT. I’ve tried Hooks. I’ve even tried the push notifications from the third-party apps I’ve been using or testing. Alerts for Reddit has surely been the best thing yet for me. Had tested it out for a few days and immediately purchased the premium a while back. And today I get an a update to follow threaded conversations and had absolutely had to write this review. Love this app.
Would love such an app for Twitter notifications as it would allow me to use third party twitter clients vs the official app. Would also love a Siri Shortcut or 3D Touch action to quickly add a sub or user to follow. Either way.... 5 stars from me.
I almost never write reviews but I had to write this one
I didn’t realize just how important this app has become to me (an admitted Reddit junkie) until today when I stopped receiving notifications. Wrote a quick note to the developer and they had the issue sorted super quickly! Support them and buy premium if you can it’s 100% worth it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Amanda O'Neal
- 29.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2021 Amanda O'Neal
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime Premium $2.99
- Premium Subscription $0.99