Argo™ is an easy-to-use navigation and social boating app – FREE to download and FREE to use! Find and route to new destinations anywhere in North America, track your boat trips, see boating friends on the water, get real-time local knowledge from other boaters and more!
Want a safer, easier way to navigate your boat? Looking to go somewhere new, or wondering where your friends are on the water? Argo is your go-to boating app for navigation & social boating.
FREE features (details below) include:
* Unlimited NOAA/USACE charts across North America
* Auto and manual routing to thousands of water destinations
* Captain’s Log to plan and save boat trip details
* Current weather conditions
* Social features to see and connect with friends and club members on the water
Premium upgrade features include:
* All Argo free features
* Offline Charts – download charts and routes to use offline if connectivity is lost
* Weather, Wind & Tides – get extended 7-day marine weather forecast with daily and hourly conditions anywhere in North America
With the FREE Argo boating app you get:
NAVIGATION AND ROUTING
* Auto or Manual Routing – enter your boat’s draft and Argo will create a color-coded safe route, customized for your boat, or choose to manually plot routes
* Map Views – navigate using different map types (Standard, Satellite, Terrain, NOAA ENC) with auto, day or night modes
* Map Data – clean interface with easy-to-use map icons for navigation and points of interest
* Depth & Contours – avoid shallow water with water depth numbers and contour shading on charts
* Trip Planning – create a route and see distance, estimated time of arrival (ETA) and estimated fuel usage
* Voyage Tracking – see your GPS position, track, speed, remaining distance, updated ETA, and estimated fuel used
* Record Track – record your track without having to create a route or start a voyage and get trip information along the way
* Captain’s Log – save planned, past and favorite routes, tracks and voyages in a Captain’s Log with trip details
* Find Points of Interest – search thousands of destinations on the water in selected areas on the map with easy-to-use categories like marinas, restaurants, anchorages, fuel docks, ramps and more!
LOCAL BOATING KNOWLEDGE
* Real-Time Reports – our crowdsourced local reports from other boaters help you navigate safely with report pins placed around you for hazards in the water, map issues and more.
* Place Details – see details for places like fuel, amenities, transient dock info and how to contact. Add places (public or private) that may be missing.
* Local Reviews – see reviews and photos from other boaters for local points of interest on or near water
* Connect with Friends – easily sync Facebook and phone contacts to invite friends
* Search for Friends – find boaters you may know on Argo with new search capabilities by affiliation (marina or boat club) or with our friend suggestions for people you may know on Argo
* See Friends on the Water – see where other Argo users are on the water (with privacy settings)
* Message – send other boaters an Ahoy, or message friends to meet-up
* Social Feed – share voyages, photos and other updates to friends with Argo’s social feed
Compatible with iPhone or iPad - FREE to download and FREE to use!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY
We are building an active boating community within the Argo app that you can turn to for navigation advice, local knowledge, destination reviews, and more. Share your favorite voyages on your feed. Leave reviews on your favorite places. Drop a local report pin to help your fellow boater.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please send us a message... we welcome boater feedback and we’re working hard to make this your go-to boating app! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at www.argonav.io
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter: @argonavigation
- Added Navigate button for easier than ever routing/navigation
- Added current weather to main screen
New Premium Version!
- Marine Weather: 7-day forecast with wind, wave and tide conditions
- Offline Capability: Download offline charts & routes for offline use
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, great features, excellent support!
ARGO has developed a GREAT marine navigation app for iPhone & iPad! It’s straightforward, uncomplicated, has a clean interface / display that isn’t overloaded, is easy to learn, and performs reliably. They have really outstanding, responsive support and app has a FAQ/user help feature built in.
It’s great to be able to pre-plan routes/ voyages (automatically or manually) and save them. We haven’t tried the social features yet, but they are there if you want them. ARGO is always improving the functionality and features of this app. They listen to users & encourage user inputs for future enhancements, too. Compared to other iPhone navigation apps out there we’ve tried, ARGO is truly the BEST!
Great Functionality and It’s Free!
I was looking at chart plotters for my boat so I could explore new areas of the Delaware river but they’re all more than I wanted to spend. On a whim, I searched the App Store to see if there was anything out there that I could use ( figured I wouldn’t often be somewhere that was out of cell range) and I found Argo. And what a find it was!
I love that there are multiple map/chart types to chose from. I really enjoy floating the river at night - super peaceful! The chart plotting options allow me to do that worry free!
I also like that I can search for destination types instead of specific names. This came in handy a few weeks back when I wanted to fill up with gas so I could extend my cruise. I searched for marinas and found one that was close to me ... refueled and has many more hours of fun on the water.
There are so many other features in the app as well. Captains log - has it. Reviews of destinations - has it. Chat with other Argo users - has it.
Over the past year there has been so much added to the app. It’s really a great tool to have on the water!
This app is very cool & useful if you set the view as NOAA RNC. Much more user-friendly and easy to configure than the others I have tried. When you email the developer/ owner he responds quickly and is open to suggestions. You should get this app especially if you don’t have a yacht wih GPS & chartplotters. I really like that you setup your boat profile including average speed. Then when you plot a course it calculates with really good accuracy the time it takes to arrive. Great app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Argo Navigation, LLC
- 72.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Argo Navigation, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Argo Premium $19.99