Drambo is an innovative modular groovebox and audio processing environment. Modular components are used to build synthesized and sample based instruments or audio effects using high-quality DSP and audio-rate modulation. Tied to a powerful sequencer, it’s an optimal music creation tool for sound design, composition, performance and experimentation.
At the heart of Drambo lies an entirely new concept that makes modular creations easy, fun and affordable. Modules are connected automatically, with no cables as you add or rearrange them. A dynamic interface creates modulation knobs when you need them. Modules may house other modules, so you can keep your patch well organized. Of course, automatic connections can be overridden. In Drambo you can focus on playing with sound and signal structure without getting lost in wires.
Use a deep and innovative sequencer to compose patterns and whole tracks, for production or live performance. Go beyond simple looping sequences with parameter locking, conditional step components, and powerful scene morphing. Drambo works equally well as a self-contained standalone app or audio unit plugin with audio and MIDI connectivity as an AUV3 instrument, audio effect and MIDI effect. No modular experience necessary to get started playing with preset sounds and effects.
You can use Drambo as
• A complete music production and performance environment
• Endless modular playground, that allows you to build, modify and store custom instruments and effects. For instance: build a custom synth, sample and resample, build a Theremin using a gyroscope module, or turn your table into a playable surface, by processing microphone input with physical modelling modules. Get weird or make functional instruments and tools.
• MIDI sequencer, that works with hardware and AUv3 instruments (e.g. Drambo sequences other instruments in an AU host app). Moreover Drambo can generate custom MIDI CC messages or modulation signals to control modular synths via DC coupled interfaces.
• AUv3 synthesizer, effect or sequencer in other DAWs. Drambo can replace a lot of audio plugins. For instance: you may use it as a chorus, phaser, reverb, filter, equalizer, complex modular delay, decimator, frequency shifter, MIDI effect or complex modulator for other synths. You may combine, modulate and sequence them in no time.
• Polyphonic, stereo processing and audio-rate modulation. All signals are equal. Up to 8 voices per modular instrument rack.
• Unique modular concept: cable-less, drag'n'drop, color coding dynamic interface, automatic connections, and customizable compact, rack views.
• Directional flow makes Drambo routing and patching straightforward. Signal flows only left to right, so there are no instant feedback routings in Drambo. Delayed feedback is possible using certain modules.
• Simple and clean interface, that scales to every size and device orientation
• Custom modular racks that can be nested, with presets at the track, rack, and module level.
• Multiple modulators per parameter without additional mixer modules.
• 16-track, polyphonic step sequencer with parameter locks and step components.
• Audio Units hosting ( standalone app only )
• Over 120 modules available, such as: oscillators, samplers, physical modelling modules, LFOs, envelope generators, filters, audio effects, mixers, MIDI processors, sequencers and math functions.
• Morph groups: you can morph many parameters using a single slider.
• Available as a standalone app, AUv3 instrument, effect and MIDI effect.
• MIDI, MPE and Ableton Link support
Drambo is an open-ended app. This is just the beginning. Many modules and exciting updates are planned.
With Drambo, you are in charge. Create the music from your vision to reality.
"Drambo changes the face of iOS music apps." Cult of Mac
Visit https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ for community content.
• Modules browser window
- Is non-modal now. You may pin it and keep adding and connecting modules while the window is open
- Browsing by tags
- You can select Audio Units and samples when adding modules (AU modules, Flexi sampler, Shot sampler - available as a presets category)
• New modules
- Euclidean sequencer module (MIDI) - generate euclidean sequences and chain them
- Flanger effect - with special interpolation algorithm, that preserves clarity in entire audible range
- Crossover layers module - process 3 bands separately in layers
- Knobs module - build a matrix of modulation knobs
- Multi CC modulator module - build a matrix of knobs to generate multiple CC events
- Support for multiple MIDI input/output ports
- MIDI clock input and output synchronization
- Full-screen sequence view (on iPads)
- New metronome settings: Off, Always, Recording
- Layer modules: you may connect modules between layers
- Pattern length may be set down to 1 beat
- Phaser module: feedback parameter is bidirectional now
- Flexi sampler: fade in and out times extended to 15s
- Sampler: folder loading improved with better key / velocity recognition
- Recorded samples are auto-named according to key or date/time
- Adding modulators on Macs M1
- Problems with muted tracks
- Sampler: wrong loop marker positions after recording to key
- Problems with sending MIDI notes to Audio Units while using piano keyboards on pads
- Different layout bugs in modules
- Minor bugs and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great tool but why add’l purchases...
Drambo is absolutely amazing. It is hands-down the most complete, functional, feature-packed app I’ve ever used. The possibilities are seemingly infinite!
I do find it a little ridiculous that, after spending $20, you then have to pay even more to unlock additional features. 20yrs ago, this would have cost thousands & its size would have taken up half a room. To have something like this now that costs just $20 & fits in the palm of my hand is absolutely incredible. But, when we live in a time in which there are so many apps & so many free options, despite a majority of those apps paling in comparison, people still would mostly settle for free. $20 for an app is almost unheard of, no matter how much value it may produce. When that’s the reality & someone pays $20 for an app, that’s an incredible compliment to the developer. It’s validation. To then tack on additional purchases in the app just seems wrong IMO not saying the devs time isn’t worth anything, but the move reeks of greed.
Innovative + Complete iOS production solution
Drambo is something not quite seen on any platform, with any software. Not only is it unique on iOS, it is a hybrid groovebox that draws on a modular rack concept and is coupled with an Elektron type sequencer, thus providing a music production workflow and style that is new on any platform or in any environment. In short, this is innovation in music production as a whole, and not just on iOS.
More practically, it solves the problem being able to compose and finish songs entirely on iOS. One could make albums with Drambo open and nothing else, given your creativity and resolve. There are few stand alone apps on iOS that I feel are capable and enjoyable enough to create and complete finished songs. GarageBand, Nanostudio 2, & GrooverRider were these in my mind. Drambo now brings us something that is just all together too much fun. It’s as if you had a groovebox based on modular synthesis, could load your AUs into track slots, and drive it all with an Octatrack sequencer and flex machines.
Already My Favorite App
All right, so maybe some people are going to think it’s too early to throw around the f-word. But honestly, I think this app is on par with Ableton in terms of being the sort of software I’d actually want to use live. It can legit hold its own next to hardware synths.
And that sequencer. It’s a real blast. I mean, it’s even fun to use it on iPhone... iPhone! It does something that I’ve wanted for a while but never really expected to get: a reliable composition/performance tool that I can carry with me everywhere but still use in the finished song. I can actually sketch out a song on break or something and then go home and continue to work on that idea. And I won’t just abandon the original patch because I have better options on my desk or computer.
So yeah. This app is no joke. This is kinda the most fun I’ve had making music on my phone. And of course the iPad version is no slouch.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jaroslaw Jacek
- 122.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 BeepStreet
- In-App Purchases
- Waves extension $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.