Save links effortlessly. View them later, from anywhere, on all your devices. Sync, organize, and share your links—privately, without ever creating an account.
GoodLinks is a powerful bookmarking app with a sleek reading experience. Save the content of the link while eliminating the ads and other clutter.
No account. No ads. No creepy spying. GoodLinks just works.
## Features ##
• No account :: Sync links, tags, and reading position without needing another web service account. iCloud Sync means all you have to do is install the app.
• Readability :: Put the emphasis where it belongs—on the article you want to read. GoodLinks extracts the article text and removes web advertisements and other distractions to provide a wonderful reading experience. Pick the perfect font, spacing, and size.
• Dark Mode :: Separate light and dark themes.
• Organize :: Tame a large list with tags and starred articles, so you can always find what you need. You can also search based on title, author, and description.
• Archive :: The full rich text of each article gets saved in GoodLinks, and your reading history provides a natural archive if you need it. Save as many links as you want.
• Private :: Your reading history and favorite articles should only be private by default. GoodLinks doesn’t track you or your information, and nothing is shared online unless you choose to share it.
• Universal App :: GoodLinks is a single app that works on all of your iOS and macOS devices, so you can access your articles anywhere.
- Added support for macOS Monterey.
- Added support for Shortcuts on Monterey.
- Added ability to link documents to notes via QuickNote on Monterey.
- Added support for widgets on Big Sur or later.
- Added support for YouTube, Vimeo and image links.
- Various fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love where this is going
GoodLinks is fast, private and solid. I like where this is going. They've added nearly every missing feature that has been highly requested since the 1.0 and I'm excited for that to continue.
Biggest missing feature so far is a good way to manage, edit, and organize tags & links in bulk. You can only select one link at a time and it's hard to tell what is downloaded and manage what link is downloaded. Similar with bulk editing of tags if they were drag & droppable, allowing for a hierarchy of tags and sub-tags, I think it would really help users with hundreds of links.
I had high hopes, especially after the reviews on MacStories. The main issue I (stilla fter the update today) I still run into is syncing between devices. I will have an article that downlaods on my Mac but will be empty on my iOS devices and only open "in browser". I also have to force quit the iOS app for it to pick up on changes made on my Mac. Those are the big issues and there are still smaller issues like tags do not auto suggest on Mac like they do when adding an article on iOS. I have yet to test using Shortcuts to migrate articles from Instapaper to GoodReads but migrating more than one article at a time would not work. I understand this is a single developer charging a very reasonable price but it just isn't robust enough for me to use as a replacement for Instapaper, yet.
Replaced Instapaper for Me
I enjoy using read later apps for research and leisure reading. Good Links is a beautiful native app, available across all Apple devices (setting aside the watch and the TV). Getting articles in is easy — the new Safari extension works great — and the reading experience is very good. I highly recommend the app.
I'm hoping for the developer adds highlighting and the ability to organize highlights, etc.
Keep up the great work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ngoc Luu
- 17 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ngoc Luu
- In-App Purchases
- Nice Tip $2.99
- Massive Tip $9.99
- Amazing Tip $19.99
- Generous Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.