Fractal Bits is a drum synth with over four billion unique sounds created by fractal algorithms.
Each set of 12 drums corresponds to a code of 8 characters (you can save/copy/paste it as plain text).
* Audio Unit Extension (AUv3), Audiobus;
* search for new sounds with three buttons: next random set, edit code, previous set;
* three types of keyboards for live drumming: on-screen buttons, PC keyboard, MIDI input;
* six additional processing parameters + control of all parameters via MIDI;
* real-time audio recording to WAV (32-bit);
* export to: WAV (one file or a set), SunVox (samples + effects in one file), text clipboard;
* the LCK button freezes individual drums - they will not change during the search for new sets;
* Wi-Fi export/import.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for Samples
I’ve purchased the majority of audio units and IAA music apps for iPad and iPhone. I’ve purchased every DAW and most effects, synth and drum machines apps. This one is one of my favorites. It reminds me of Caustic Volca Sample which never got a 64bit update and therefore has not been in my workflow for a couple years. The endless number of glitch and bass samples this app produces is well worth the $2. Love the sounds this app generates and has instantly become a key part of my workflow.
Workhorse for beats
This app has quietly but steadily become a workhorse in my creative process. More percussion sounds than you can shake a fist at and the interface makes it dead simple to explore, lock what you like, explore more, until you’ve dialed in the beat you want. Ridiculously cheap considering how much I use it.
Instant fun music creation app!
This app is addictive, fun, easy to use and powerful features! Look forward to future updates and music apps from this developer. The randomizer that some users have suggested will be a great addition. Great job!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.